Class of 2017 - PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters (CT) to LSU

According to Borzello on twitter, cuse and duke expected to get involved.

Here we go!

Looks like it's going to be a war for this kid and Keene. Get on it, boys!

Lets goooooooooo, Duke will still have Frank Jackson ...cant come close to the PT we can offer

This would be my recruiting pitch against Duke:

Coach K signs a lot of great freshmen. A lot of those freshmen sit the bench. Marques Bolden didn't play this year. Chase Jeter hasn't played in 2 years. Frank Jackson and Harry Giles played minimal. Derryck Thornton left because he was recruited over in 1 year and wasn't given time to develop. When it comes down to it, Coach K rolls with his program guys most years(Allen/Kennard/Jones/Jefferson). Easy sell job IMO.

let's hope Duke gets Duval and puts an end to him wanting to go to Duke

Wow, shocked. Now let's actually put out all the stops to get him. Hop better be leading this and not Gmac.

This would be a game changer. Bring this kid in to run the point and Howard Washington behind him to learn and grow over time. Gives us the short term and the long term solution.
100% agree but we need to get Waters first. I want him to know that the ball is his. You are our lead guard Tremont. Sorry for Washington but if he wants to commit, he has to wait a bit more.

I just heard that Syracuse and Duke could be the players here.
Duke wants Duval and is using this as a backup. We should be hammering Waters with that.

Waters is 1b for Duke.
He comes here he gets 30+ mpg at Syracuse. Maybe 20-24 mpg at Duke.

This would be a game changer. Bring this kid in to run the point and Howard Washington behind him to learn and grow over time. Gives us the short term and the long term solution.
I believe in a bird in the hand, but if we were lucky enough to take both Waters and Washington, would we still be able to land Quinerly? Because, in my opinion, although he is a year later, he is the real prize.

Duke wants Duval and is using this as a backup. We should be hammering Waters with that.

Waters is 1b for Duke.
He comes here he gets 30+ mpg at Syracuse. Maybe 20-24 mpg at Duke.
If they get Duval, would this kid even play? Duval and Frank Jackson would be ahead of him.

If they get Duval, would this kid even play? Duval and Frank Jackson would be ahead of him.
If Duke gets Duval then Waters won't go there.
I am hoping Baylor is out for Duval because of the school baggage. It looks like Duke, Arizona or Baylor for Duval.

Waters could slide right into SU and get the keys right away in the ACC.

Saw that on Jeff Borzello's twitter too

I'm not in the loop with twitter sources, is Borzello reputable? Wondering how verifiable his information is... This would be a huge get and significant recovery from where we are sitting presently at pg

I'm not in the loop with twitter sources, is Borzello reputable? Wondering how verifiable his information is... This would be a huge get and significant recovery from where we are sitting presently at pg
He works for ESPN now and was with the NY Post before so pretty reputable. He said " Duke and Syracuse are among theteams expected to get involved with tremont Waters since he reopened his recruitment, sources told ESPN." I would link the tweet but unable to pull twitter up at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom