Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Because it means a kid is paying the price for the sanctions.

So has this entire line of inquiry been to get the answer to that rhetorical question?

Yes, it is possible that a current roster member pays the price.

It is also possible that a player might choose to leave on their own, flunk out, transfer in search of more PT, go pro, get injured, etc. creating attrition in a way where a current member of the roster isn't paying that price.

So has this entire line of inquiry been to get the answer to that rhetorical question?

It is also possible that a player might choose to leave on their own, flunk out, transfer in search of more PT, go pro, get injured, etc. creating attrition in a way where a current member of the roster isn't paying that price.

Not at all.

If I was Battle, I would be reluctant to accept a scholarship offer for 2016-17 when one, as it stands right now, does not exist.

Yeah, it's very likely that some combination of appeal win, or transfer, or early departure happens, but it's not a lock...unless we force someone out. And if we have to, then fine.

See I don't think so (re: dick-ish move). If you are offered an academic scholarship and don't perform academically then you don't get the scholarship again. Why any different with athletic scholarship?
Very true.

Said it before but there will be 1 or 2 walk-ons each year that are not awarded scholarships due to the sanctions. You want dick-ish? THAT'S dick-ish.

Flip side is that if we do indeed defer the start of the scholarship reductions due to the Chukwu commitment there is no incentive to stay below 13 for 2015-2016. Doyin A-A owes Paschal lunch.

Not at all.

If I was Battle, I would be reluctant to accept a scholarship offer for 2016-17 when one, as it stands right now, does not exist.

Yeah, it's very likely that some combination of appeal win, or transfer, or early departure happens, but it's not a lock...unless we force someone out. And if we have to, then fine.
I highly doubt battle is thinking as you would. I'm sure he believes the staff when they say, if you want to come, we will make it happen.

Not for nuthin' but I just read on Nunes how a coupla days ago Alterique Gilbert...AGAIN, stated that we were his "dream school" but had cooled on recruiting him. ( Sorry if it was already covered somewhere in this "anticipation-thread from hell")
Presumably this is because of our never-ending, back-n-forth infatuation with the reluctant Mr. Battle.
Look, I'm an arrogant enough Cuse fan who thinks that we should never have to "wait" on a recruit, especially one who seems as wishy-washy as TB, while another top prospect is left hanging.
Tyus fits our "system" better than any other prospect, but I don't agree with the excessive hard-on we seem to have for him. Throughout our history some of our "2nd choices" ended up being great players (Sherm Douglas, Hak Warrick). Moreover, 3 of the top ten PG's in program history were all, shall we say, "dimunitive in stature": Sherm, GMac, Jonny.
All I'm saying is that this kid better be worth it, especially if Gilbert ends up haunting us over these upcoming seasons wearing a Duke, UConn, or Louisville uniform. Oh Lord :bang:

Not at all.

There is no way that Boeheim and company would put their good names out there like that and then burn the kid. That would end up burning us with future recruits if we pulled such a move. No way they would allow that to happen and no way they would miss out on Battle if he wanted to commit.

Not for nuthin' but I just read on Nunes how a coupla days ago Alterique Gilbert...AGAIN, stated that we were his "dream school" but had cooled on recruiting him. ( Sorry if it was already covered somewhere in this "anticipation-thread from hell")
Presumably this is because of our never-ending, back-n-forth infatuation with the reluctant Mr. Battle.
Look, I'm an arrogant enough Cuse fan who thinks that we should never have to "wait" on a recruit, especially one who seems as wishy-washy as TB, while another top prospect is left hanging.
Tyus fits our "system" better than any other prospect, but I don't agree with the excessive hard-on we seem to have for him. Throughout our history some of our "2nd choices" ended up being great players (Sherm Douglas, Hak Warrick). Moreover, 3 of the top ten PG's in program history were all, shall we say, "dimunitive in stature": Sherm, GMac, Jonny.
All I'm saying is that this kid better be worth it, especially if Gilbert ends up haunting us over these upcoming seasons wearing a Duke, UConn, or Louisville uniform. Oh Lord :bang:

It's been covered here. Maybe we have cooled because the coaches know something we don't know. It also appears Huerter is our plan B.

I like Nunesmagician as a site, but I don't trust much of their recruiting coverage. Insiders that post here and our own Jekelish covers recruiting a lot better on his site.

Also it wouldn't be the first time we lost a recruit who called us his dream school. This will be a Louisville or Uconn decision most likely for Gilbert IMO.

some guy on twitter is saying UConn or duke for battle

Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 24m24 minutes ago

Sources close to Syracuse basketball believe that 5 star recruit Tyus Battle will likely choose Duke with UConn having an outside chance.

21 retweets 12 favorites

Runs a blog called DYST-Now

Last edited:
That's not just some guy...

that's the same clown who insisted that Boeheim would be fired several years ago.

Which means there's a 0 % chance it's Uconn or Duke.

Just sayin what I saw

some guy on twitter is saying UConn or duke for battle

Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 24m24 minutes ago

Sources close to Syracuse basketball believe that 5 star recruit Tyus Battle will likely choose Duke with UConn having an outside chance.

21 retweets 12 favorites

Runs a blog called DYST-Now

His blog is the one that "reported" that Boeheim was stepping down after the season like two years ago. He also once "reported" that LeBron was caught in the Balco scandal. Probably the worst possible source you can find on the internet.

If the University death squad is killing both regularly enrolled students and scholarshipped student athletes at equal rates, then this is an accepted practice by NCAA standards. It could not be considered in their wheel house.

And, as per Title IX legislation, for every male athlete that is "killed," an equal number of female athletes must also be executed. Nobody ever thinks about that part.

Seriously dude get a clue. Here we go again.

@xOrtiz4x: Sources close to Syracuse basketball believe that 5 star recruit Tyus Battle will likely choose Duke with UConn having an outside chance.

No source close to Syracuse basketball believes that. So they wouldn't say it. Now, no one knows what this kid is going to do, he could verbal to Dayton for all I know, but no source close to the program told this guy that they think he is going to Duke or UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom