Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

The 2016-2017 year has the potential to be special. We have the potential of having Moyer, Battle, and Chukwu come in as new faces while our highly rated incoming class will be taking that sophomore leap. All that with hopefully a developed Joesph and hopefully Roberson and Coleman are still around.

The 2016-2017 year has the potential to be special. We have the potential of having Moyer, Battle, and Chukwu come in as new faces while our highly rated incoming class will be taking that sophomore leap. All that with hopefully a developed Joesph and hopefully Roberson and Coleman are still around.
It'll be perfect if we can get a scholarship back and bring in Huerter in the '16 class, too.

No disrespect to Battle because he's a stud, and might have a big 1-2 yr impact...but I think I'd rather give 44 to Moyer. I think over a 4 yr period (and beyond) Mathew Moyer might leave a bigger mark on the SU program. I think MM is a really really special "kid".

Just FYI but saw Battle and Hop today near Manny's toay. I told Hop to real him in, he said you and the other fans here need to tell him how great SU rules, so a few of us walked over and told Battle we needed him. He seemed like a great down to earth kid that was enjoying the visit.
Get OUT!! That did not happen.

The name of the game as it is evolving is having 5 or at least 4 versatile and highly skilled (shoot, pass, drive) players on the court at the same time. The players we have committed and that we are targeting seem to fit this mold.

This is an important recruit for SU, IMO.

Tyus' game is special. He does it all - a scorer, can drive & handle the ball, make plays happen, pass, shoot (from 3pt range but also from inside the arc...he's really adept at this part, which is great to see..."old school" even), can play defense...just a ton of natural talent here, and he is able to make his mark on a game without having to dominate the ball. Especially with the reduction in scholarships in upcoming years, Tyus' versatility could pay big dividends for SU.

A combo of Tyus Battle and Matthew Moyer at Syracuse would be a very special combo. Both seem to be really good, perhaps "special" basketball players, but also seem to both be decent people as well. A team with those two players would be difficult to beat.

Add in some of the other details that make Tyus an important recruit - our recent success in recruiting the NJ area & fact that (IMO) Tyus will become a good NBA player someday that will represent his college very well in future - and it's all just more reason why I feel this weekend could be a really big one in determining the near future for SU Hoops.

Don't get me wrong, some of these other guys we are involved with - guys like Kobi Simmons & Alterique Gilbert - are very talented players who some consider better than Tyus. But IMO Tyus just has a special quality about him & his game...a mix of production & potential that makes you believe he is ready to come in & contribute right from day one in college...which can be a rare thing for a guard these days.

Come on Tyus, go Orange.

In the long run I think Kobi Simmons might be a better player then Tyus Battle but coming in as freshmen I think Tyus is more polished and ready to contribute and will be a special player here which is what we need because of the sanctions. With that said I really hope Tyus commits this weekend.

I like how high he gets when he shoots, at 6'6 that's going to be hard to block. Haven't seen too much of his game but he reminds me a bit of D'Angelo Russell.

I actually think that's a great comparison in terms of the way they approach the game. I actually think Battle might be a bit more athletic than Russell, but Russell's more crafty and sees the floor better.

So when is Battle leaving today? That's probably our best chance to get a verbal commit all weekend.

Get OUT!! That did not happen.
Just for any of the nay sayers -
unnamed.jpg

Deano said:
Just for any of the nay sayers -

That's you Deano? So how tall do you think Battle is? A legit 6'6"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom