Pitt's Offense is Impotent | Syracusefan.com

Pitt's Offense is Impotent

Can't wait for the Pitt game. Primanti's=delicious.

I am also considering this road trip. Am I correct in saying that this is the first regular season game in December Syracuse will have played? I think it will depend a lot on the rest of the season and it isn't like I need to get tickets beforehand. It has been a while since we were in a competitive game with Pitt. The game that Holmes had the KO return TD we were still out of by the 4th qtr.

I'd suggest you reserve a hotel room asap. Rooms were tight 6 weeks ago when 8 of us made reservations.

You can always cancel. But the Steelers are also in town that weekend.

I'd suggest you reserve a hotel room asap. Rooms were tight 6 weeks ago when 8 of us made reservations.

You can always cancel. But the Steelers are also in town that weekend.

that hotel crap. My hotel will be the first rest stop on I-70W. I'm only 3 & 1/2 hours away. I'll just have to adjust my drinking accordingly.

I am also considering this road trip. Am I correct in saying that this is the first regular season game in December Syracuse will have played? I think it will depend a lot on the rest of the season and it isn't like I need to get tickets beforehand. It has been a while since we were in a competitive game with Pitt. The game that Holmes had the KO return TD we were still out of by the 4th qtr.
The ND game in the Dome--12/6/03. Probably others.

The ND game in the Dome--12/6/03. Probably others.

Ahhhhh correct. Can't believe I forgot that was so late. That game gave me reason to chant "WAL-ter REY-es" in the Joyce Center about a month later.

The snookies' win doesn't look so impressive anymore.

Is Pitt any better off at this point without Wannstedt?

He was no offensive dynamo that's for sure, but he could recruit Western PA.

The Pitt AD made a mistake firing DW.

Good for us.

Good for us.

Cignetti + Hafley + Angelicho have breathed life into Shady's recruiting and offense - not good for us.

Pitt screwed us by firing Le Stache.

Cignetti + Hafley + Angelicho have breathed life into Shady's recruiting and offense - not good for us.

Good point.

Don't worry, though, those guys will be fired soon.

Once again a blocked FG wins the game for the Knights.

Ahhhhh correct. Can't believe I forgot that was so late. That game gave me reason to chant "WAL-ter REY-es" in the Joyce Center about a month later.

One of the great performances I have seen in the Dome.

Thought Walter was a sure fire NFL RB.

Recruiting maybe. Offense? No. They have a horrible offense, one of the worst in the country. Maybe the problem at Pitt wasn't Wanny but was Cignetti.

Recruiting maybe. Offense? No. They have a horrible offense, one of the worst in the country. Maybe the problem at Pitt wasn't Wanny but was Cignetti.

Given Pitts current offensive shortcomings maybe it wasn't Cignetti either. Only so much a coach can do w/ Tino Sunseri behind a soft OL.

I'm not saying he's a HOFer but I think he's done a solid job w/ arguably worse OL talent in Jersey & a true frosh QB.

Good for us.
Pitt is stupid, they should be running one of those wide open spread atta...Oh ummmmm yeah. Oh LordOh LordOh Lord
Guess any offense system can look like crap. :noidea::noidea::noidea:

All right old timers? Wasn't the Louisville game in Tokyo, circa 1989, in early December?

Pitt had all 3 and outs except for 3 drives that ended in turnovers.

Pitt had all 3 and outs except for 3 drives that ended in turnovers.

Their numbers for that game are Syracuse 2005 bad. 120 TOTAL YARDS? 9-30 passing? How in the hell can you have 120 yards and still get 12 first downs? (hint: Utes had 10 penalties)

Man I hope we can keep them at 2.0 yards per offensive play.

I think their (Rutgers) recruiting will be knocked down a notch when they're playing in the MAC after the Big East implodes.

Hopefully. Speaking of impotent offense, BJ Daniels & USF are looking just as error prone.

Anyone who doesn't think we have a great chance to beat most of the remaining teams on our schedule hasn't watched any of them play this year. WVU will be by far the toughest, with Cincinnati also being tough (but winnable). Beyond that, Louisville, UCONN, Pittsburgh, and USF are all at a minimum toss up games. Watching the pretty weak display from Pitt, Louisville, Cinci, USF, and UCONN yesterday definitely raises my expectactions (hopes) for a significant number of wins for Syracuse in the second half of the season. I think that the bye week came at a perfect time for Syracuse, giving us a chance to rest and recuperate and also an opportunity to make some adjustments based on the first 6 games. Coming out of the first 6 games with minimal injuries and 4 wins is a great position to be in going into the last 6 games.

As well as Lichtenfelds who vastly overrated Pitt's recruits, placing more pressure on Wanny to win immediately. They had some good athletes, but most were overly bulked up HS Sr's who dominated HS competition with strength, not athleticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom