Play devito the rest of the year. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Play devito the rest of the year.

I want Dungey throwing the ball. My second choice is Devito throwing the ball. My third choice is a QB who can't.

We have the same QB we have had for 4 years.

The receivers are different and not as good.

I happen to think the receivers are a bigger issue than the QB.

Just like on defense our LB’s are weak.

We score 37 points and the pitchforks are out for Dungey. What am I missing?
  • Stupid offense
  • MAC offense
  • Wrong offense
  • Dungey's injured
  • Dungey isn't a fit for this offense
  • Dungey sucks
  • DeVito should be playing
  • DeVito should be starting
  • Not listed here: Explain_________________________________

Check all that are applicable.

OMG. Really? Take the orange glasses off please.

We were within a drive of Clemson and went to OT with Pitt. I didn’t see any evidence that we couldn’t win what we got.

I’m not claiming that ED or the run D is ideal. Just that we can win with the players and scheme we have. I think TD is a better fit for what Babers wants to do. And I don’t know how to help the LB - but something needs adjusting there.

We were within a drive of Clemson and went to OT with Pitt. I didn’t see any evidence that we couldn’t win what we got.

I’m not claiming that ED or the run D is ideal. Just that we can win with the players and scheme we have. I think TD is a better fit for what Babers wants to do. And I don’t know how to help the LB - but something needs adjusting there.

We folded like a cheap pool chair in both games. The offense is sufficient to win. The run defense is definitely not. And, if our linebackers are too small for the scheme, change it up a little bit. Let's hope that they use the bye week to get healthy and figure this out.

Back to back 4 and 8 seasons. Our best win this year came without him.
Am I on the syracuse.com comment section? Good lord you guys are cray cray. We played 1 bad game this year, and now we're going 4-8, and Dungey shouldn't play, Dino should go, and yada yada yada.

I am saying that I want Dungey trusted to throw the ball midway through the 4th in a tie game. If he can't (which isn't necessarily the case although i still havent heard a logical explanation why he wasnt then) we need to think about swapping a QB in who can. if that is "pitchfork territory", I give up.

Awful throw for sure. You can make bad plays in sports and still win games . Nobody is arguing that he could have played better but do me a favor and get off the back up quarter back would have won this game. He has two games one of which he played well and the other he was as good at QB as you are at controlling your emotions after a loss.

Back up Quarterback would have won this game tho.

Sorry...not sorry.

Back up Quarterback would have won this game tho.

Sorry...not sorry.

I’m all for the idea that Devito may have won. We also may have lost by 35 points with Devito. And reality is pure odds are on us losing in regulation with our backup. I’m not down on Devito at all by the way. But he has one bad game and one good game under his belt. Certainly not enough evidence for you to make that proclamation.

I dont know if Devito would have won. Im not saying we should play Devito. But if Dungey was handing off 3 straight times before punting due to injury or the fact they dont trust him throwing, we need to figure out why.

Backup qb has 1 good half in his career. What a dumb thing to say.
Fair enough. Still my opinion. Something was wrong with Dungey and it limited the offense. I feel DeVito would have won that game. Not really all that stupid. But thanks.

Backup qb has 1 good half in his career. What a dumb thing to say.
That's all he has been given and guess what, it was a very good half. When the not Heisman hopeful went out, it was 6-0. Believe final score was 30-7. 24 points, not bad for his one half lol.

stop eating your young. it's embarrassing. players read these boards. parents of players read these boards. and recruits read these boards. consider this before you bash your team, its players and coaches.

Last edited:
uncage devito...

man_file_1040304_mensdanny-devito09taxiphotofesttaxitv473.jpg

I was at the game...Dungey is part of the problem, but I will tell you the passing game has several problems, and I’m not so sure ED is really the largest issue right now.

The WR’s essentially have been shut down in press coverage over the last 5 quarters. I saw very little separation on most pass plays out there, and without someone that can truly be a downfield threat ala Amba or Steve is allowing teams to play safeties closer than they otherwise would.

The absence of Pierce is also becoming a bigger problem, as those safeties who are walking into the biz aren’t scared of someone running down the seam on them, as the 4WR sets don’t necessarily scream power running game.

As bad and ill-advised as that throw was in OT, that’s a ball that Ish or Amba probably come down with.

This is one of the few games that I will say Dino got out coached out there. I really wasn’t too big a fan of our gameplan yesterday.

I was at the game...Dungey is part of the problem, but I will tell you the passing game has several problems, and I’m not so sure ED is really the largest issue right now.

The WR’s essentially have been shut down in press coverage over the last 5 quarters. I saw very little separation on most pass plays out there, and without someone that can truly be a downfield threat ala Amba or Steve is allowing teams to play safeties closer than they otherwise would.

The absence of Pierce is also becoming a bigger problem, as those safeties who are walking into the biz aren’t scared of someone running down the seam on them, as the 4WR sets don’t necessarily scream power running game.

As bad and ill-advised as that throw was in OT, that’s a ball that Ish or Amba probably come down with.

This is one of the few games that I will say Dino got out coached out there. I really wasn’t too big a fan of our gameplan yesterday.

^^^^This. Pitt defended us perfectly. We will see press coverage the rest of the way. Out schemed all the way around. Out coached because we knew they would run and we had nothing ready to stop it.

I know, let's bench a QB that had Heisman potential. Let's play him at LB!

-Hold my beer
I mentioned that in the other thread. Kill two birds with one stone lol

Fair enough. Still my opinion. Something was wrong with Dungey and it limited the offense. I feel DeVito would have won that game. Not really all that stupid. But thanks.
Something IS clearly wrong with Dungey. Putting Devito in wouldn’t have been a bad idea. Eric has never thrown balls as badly as he has last 2weeks. I don’t know how some don’t see it. Dungey full strength and I wouldn’t pull him. Dungey now being dinged up, yeah maybe. Gets a bye week and then we see at home. If he throws as bad as he has he needs a short leash too get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom