Players are just not good enough. | Syracusefan.com

Players are just not good enough.

All I'll say about this team is that I cannot believe how much two key players (Howard and Brissett) regressed after such good seasons.

They were supposed to elevate their games. One a senior, the other coming off a very good freshman season.

Instead they have fallen flat on their faces. I never imagined this would happen.

Combined with no development from our centers and an apparent bust freshman PG and we have ourselves a more-than-likely NIT season despite returning everyone from a Sweet 16 team.

Absolutely incredible.

If not for Battle's return, this would have been Boeheim's first losing season.

All I'll say about this team is that I cannot believe how much two key players (Howard and Brissett) regressed after such good seasons.

They were supposed to elevate their games. One a senior, the other coming off a very good freshman season.

Instead they have fallen flat on their faces. I never imagined this would happen.

Combined with no development from our centers and an apparent bust freshman PG and we have ourselves a more-than-likely NIT season despite returning everyone from a Sweet 16 team.

Absolutely incredible.

If not for Battle's return, this would have been Boeheim's first losing season.

Is Battle any better than he was last year?

They were supposed to elevate their games. Instead they have fallen flat on their faces.

Absolutely incredible.
I don't care what the record is right now from what I've seen it looks like this team has regressed from last year and that's on the coaches.
I'm sure Frank Howard injury has something to do with that but I don't understand if it's so bad and it obviously looks like it's affecting his play so why is he playing so much

At least he's not worse than he was last year.

That's more than we can say about many of these players.

His 3-point shooting and FT shooting are worse - at least I would guess that's the case

All of what is said in this thread is not just words shot off because we lost. We seriously are lacking in talent. Our record is accurate our talent. We need to sneak into the tourney and pray for a sweet 16 run. I feel badly for Tyus, he is a great player being hindered by players who can not make plays on their own. We are a bubble team and I do not see that changing next year one bit. We have 1 player on our whole team who can make plays for themself. Thinking of next year makes me cringe, will there be any additional help at the bigs position? Anyone additional who can make plays for themselves? It’s just the unfortunate truth.

All of what is said in this thread is not just words shot off because we lost. We seriously are lacking in talent. Our record is accurate our talent. We need to sneak into the tourney and pray for a sweet 16 run. I feel badly for Tyus, he is a great player being hindered by players who can not make plays on their own. We are a bubble team and I do not see that changing next year one bit. We have 1 player on our whole team who can make plays for themself. Thinking of next year makes me cringe, will there be any additional help at the bigs position? Anyone additional who can make plays for themselves? It’s just the unfortunate truth.

You'll be told the new guys coming in are very talented and underrated. Then those same people will tell you they're not ready to play 5 minutes in the ACC season.

When you’re not a top 15 team this happens. NC State literally dudnt miss in the 2nd half; we weren’t scoring but unless you’re Duke or UK this will happen

They go through the motions and half ass it. I don't know what's happening in their heads, but if they brought it every night, this team would be a lot better off. They've been blown out in six of their eight losses.

When you’re not a top 15 team this happens. NC State literally dudnt miss in the 2nd half; we weren’t scoring but unless you’re Duke or UK this will happen
33F61204-FAA9-445F-90FB-AF0312AAB3EA.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom