Point guard next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Point guard next year

I have a feeling we’ll see Jalen this week especially if we win a game or 2

open comp, may the best man win

but i'm rooting for washington
I’m rooting for Washington too, but in terms of talent Jalen should get the job easily. It’s a no-brainer. I love Washington, he’s been through so much, but Jalen should get the job no questions asked

should have been worked in every game . if you listen to the pressers the coach totally expects bad things to happen whenever he subs. that's just wrong. "we can't afford 5 minutes blah blah". if you can't bring a potential starter next year in for 5 minutes then you have failed as a coach to develop that talent. reap what you sow.

I’ve been hard on Carey all year but he’s clearly a talented player.

I’d tell him it’s his job, but he has to work his butt off in the offseason and not let anyone take it from him.

Assuming no surprises:

Starters

Carey
Goodine
Hughes
Brissett
Dolezaj

Bench

Boeheim
Girard
Guerrier
JBA/Sidibe

should have been worked in every game . if you listen to the pressers the coach totally expects bad things to happen whenever he subs. that's just wrong. "we can't afford 5 minutes blah blah". if you can't bring a potential starter next year in for 5 minutes then you have failed as a coach to develop that talent. reap what you sow.

It’s amazing that you’ve never made it as a coach, considering you’ve got it all figured out.

I’ve been hard on Carey all year but he’s clearly a talented player.

I’d tell him it’s his job, but he has to work his butt off in the offseason and not let anyone take it from him.

Assuming no surprises:

Starters

Carey
Goodine
Hughes
Brissett
Dolezaj

Bench

Boeheim
Girard
Guerrier
JBA/Sidibe
Yeah... but see, Buddy will start.

That would be...unfortunate.

He’s a good player but shouldn’t be starting unless Goodine/Girard are both disappointing.

He’s the definition of “off the bench sniper”.
Ha! Good logic but wring

Buddy has become our only hope of hitting an outside shot. Hughes went in the tank. Carey's outside shot is not good. We better hope Guerrier can shoot or we will have real problems next year.

I hope Carey learns how to shoot and not get his shot blocked. I think Goodine upside as PG is as good or better.
Was Carey known as a bad shooter coming out of high school?

Carey will start but JB will have a very short leash on him and pull him out every missed assignment on defense and every dumb turnover.
Yeah that will breed confidence. That’s pretty much what happens when he’s out there now.

That would be...unfortunate.

He’s a good player but shouldn’t be starting unless Goodine/Girard are both disappointing.

He’s the definition of “off the bench sniper”.
I think Buddy starts because of his shooting ability and basketball IQ (knowledge of the system). It will be tough for Goodine to come in and start over Buddy on day 1. He’s clearly the better athlete (his dunk highlights are sick), but I don’t see that being enough.

I do think Goodine has the most upside. If he and Carey can figure it all out, including hitting from deep, they could be an extremely dynamic backcourt.

Next year’s backcourt is an interesting mix: two uber-athletic guys vs. two guys that have probably over-achieved athletically to reach this level.

This is going to be the number one determinant of how next year goes, in my opinion. we did Carey to be a stud. If he isn't, we certainly have other options, but I feel like the team's upside will be tremendously limited

This is going to be the number one determinant of how next year goes, in my opinion. we did Carey to be a stud. If he isn't, we certainly have other options, but I feel like the team's upside will be tremendously limited
how realistic is this?
Have we ever had a freshman point guard in the doghouse make a huge soph leap? Please don’t say Douglas because statistically his freshman numbers blows Carey out of the water.

how realistic is this?
Have we ever had a freshman point guard in the doghouse make a huge soph leap? Please don’t say Douglas because statistically his freshman numbers blows Carey out of the water.

sherm played behind the pearl. enuf said.

how realistic is this?
there are plenty of freshmen who make the proverbial sophomore leap, so it's 100%, totally realistic, and expected.

Doesn't mean will happen for Carey, but let's not pretend that it's not a strong possibility.

there are plenty of freshmen who make the proverbial sophomore leap, so it's 100%, totally realistic, and expected.

Doesn't mean will happen for Carey, but let's not pretend that it's not a strong possibility.
His handle is so bad I just don’t see that being something you can coach up.

Carey will start but JB will have a very short leash on him and pull him out every missed assignment on defense and every dumb turnover. Brycen will be the replacement.

This is wrong and not how JB operates historically.

how realistic is this?
MCW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom