Point spreads vs Wake and Duke. What feels right? | Syracusefan.com

Point spreads vs Wake and Duke. What feels right?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm thinking favored by five or six vs Wake which is what we were at Miami. I'm think 3.5 vs Duke even though we were favored by five vs Pitt.

I'm thinking favored by five or six vs Wake which is what we were at Miami. I'm think 3.5 vs Duke even though we were favored by five vs Pitt.

I will guess 5.5 for tomorrow and 2 for Saturday

I will guess 5.5 for tomorrow and 2 for Saturday
I first thought two for Saturday also but that would almost put Duke as the favorite. That's when I backed it up to 3.5

I first thought two for Saturday also but that would almost put Duke as the favorite. That's when I backed it up to 3.5

True. I cant see it going any higher than that though

4 for tomorrow. 1 for duke

My initial thought was 6 or so for Wake, and about 4 for Duke.

Ken Pom has 8 for Wake and 4 for Duke.

Based on KP, it should be -7.5 vs Wake, and -3.5 vs Duke (has us only slightly ahead of Duke right now). A system like Sagarin (which ranks us at #15 for some reason), has us at -7 vs Wake and +1 vs Duke !!

For the most of they year it seems like lines open close to KP and then drop a bit.

My guess is close at -6 or -5.5 vs Wake (-7 to open), and -2 vs Duke (-2.5 to open)

you think duke would be favored on a neutral site right now?

I just think no matter where this game could be played, both teams and coaches are aware of the importance of the matchup.

I just think it'll be a war.

Vegas is usually pretty close to Ken Pom, which has the 2 teams very close, though edge to us. I would be surprised if it opens with us less than 3.5 or 4

I just think no matter where this game could be played, both teams and coaches are aware of the importance of the matchup.

I just think it'll be a war.
that wasn't my question. I wasn't asking you who you thought would win. On a neutral floor, you would have Duke favored. If the line is only 1 1/2 at the dome, duke is favored on a neutral site.

6 for Wake, 3 for Duke...I think the Pitt line was a little high.

that wasn't my question. I wasn't asking you who you thought would win. On a neutral floor, you would have Duke favored. If the line is only 1 1/2 at the dome, duke is favored on a neutral site.

I give up.

I think Cuse is the better team despite wherever they play.

Should have seen that for wake. Seems to be a trend this year of games opening a little higher than expected, but lines quickly moving down (Miami, pitt for exampl - and more). I have seen it enough times now. If your going to bet Cuse let it fall from opening line by 2 points.

So I am going to change expectation on duke to -4.5 or -5.0 on open with a close around -2.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom