POLL: Jesse Edwards in 2 Years | Syracusefan.com

POLL: Jesse Edwards in 2 Years

Jesse Edwards in Two Years Will Be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I've been all over the place on Jesse...from a Division 3 Center at Oswego St. to hmmm he might have pro potential in 2-3 seasons.

What do you all think?

Select a max of two choices.

Out of basketball. Working with Sean Williams in New Amazon warehouse getting product off of 3rd shelf.
Ok a Dcuse caveat..."Getting Boeheimed" is your catch all for predictions like this. ;-)

Let's not sleep on Frank. In a couple of years, we might not be that bad off at center. the question still is out there though. Can either of those guys get to the corner in time. The true mark of a center.

He is athletic and has height. Needs to add some muscle and get nasty. He could be very good.

Last edited:
I’ve always liked Jesse and his potential. I think he will be a solid non starter. But may play “starter’s minutes”, because we will land a highly rated big that will start.

Let's not sleep on Frank. In a couple of years, we might not be that bad off at center. the question still is out there though. Can either of those guys get to the corner in time. The true mark of a center.
That's what I'm saying!

Frank seems more offensive minded and I think he could probably play some 4 also. Either way, whichever one is starting there's room for the other because their games are different. Would be nice to have that position settled for a few years.

For the team I expect we will have, he’ll be a serviceable starter.
For the team I hope we will have, he’d be a backup because we will have a 7-foot, 240 lb 5-star as a starter.

I could see a decent sub. Our center expectations are so low right now.

I hope either Frank or another piece makes a push and can be a solid contributor.

He is still a FR.. to expect much more than that out of any FR is pretty lofty. You cant teach 7-5.. if he adds just 20 lbs he has the other tools.

He is still a FR.. to expect much more than that out of any FR is pretty lofty. You cant teach 7-5.. if he adds just 20 lbs he has the other tools.

Huh? I'm pretty sure he played for us last season too.

I mean, he wouldn't be the first college guy in the world to have two Freshman years, but I don't think that's what you were getting at here. ;)

Huh? I'm pretty sure he played for us last season too.

I mean, he wouldn't be the first college guy in the world to have two Freshman years, but I don't think that's what you were getting at here. ;)
Guessing he means because of the extra season these kids all get. So you could literally think of him as a frosh this year as well. Not a bad way to look at it.

over the course of 2 yrs he has played 30 games and will still be a SO when next yr starts.. You can look at him as anything more than a FR right now even with 2 part years in the books.

I hope he stays but if Sidibe comes back I don’t see him finishing off here.
If Sidibe leaves then I can see a role for him.

I hope he stays but if Sidibe comes back I don’t see him finishing off here.
If Sidibe leaves then I can see a role for him.
Sidibe is a bonus...I wouldn't base my transferring or not on him coming back? I'd rationalized even if I got beat out...I'll get decent minutes anyways.

I still think the future is Jesse and Frank 20/20 or 25/15 min splits. Jesse right now keeps fouling out in 25 min max. Need both centers.

I’ve always liked Jesse and his potential. I think he will be a solid non starter. But may play “starter’s minutes”, because we will land a highly rated big that will start.
I don't know about that. If you were a highly rated center would you go to Syracuse. we have a rep of not feeding the post. And the idea that the 5 has to cover the corner is ridiculous.

I've been all over the place on Jesse...from a Division 3 Center at Oswego St. to hmmm he might have pro potential in 2-3 seasons.

What do you all think?

Select a max of two choices.
I can’t believe how many people dismissed him. Oswego State? Come on. He played a decent amount last season and flashed clear potential. Big men always take longer to develop. They’re usually not ready to go as freshman or even sophomores. Jesse and Frank Anselem are the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom