a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cuseinseattle

All American
After last nights game I really wanted Pop to come into the press conference and say, "Miami is a great team but the best team did not win tonight." Then throw his chair and storm off.

I know I was ready to throw a chair. Can't believe Spurs blew it at end. Missed FTs...ugh!

As I watched the ending I was reminded of the horrible Pitt loss from 2008 that caused us to go to the NIT. Like yesterday, that game was given away more than it was won. Make your ft's and rebound!

Massive choke by the Spurs. They had it won and gave it away. Terrible coaching job by Pop. After taking control of the game late in Q3 and going to Q4 with a 10 point lead, Pop decides to sit both Duncan and Parker for the first 5 minutes of the quarter allowing the Heat to completely wipe out the deficit. How the hell do you sit them out until less than 7 minutes left? Then after Parker makes 2 great shots to re-gain the lead, Pop takes Duncan off the court for the Heat's last 2 possessions leaving himself with no bigs to rebound. Sure enough twice the Heat miss, get an offensive rebound, and throw it out to an open 3-pt shooter. Then Pop tops off his awful night by incredibly having Parker out of the game on the last possession when he needs a 3 to tie but has Splitter and Duncan in...neither a 3 pt threat. What?

Massive choke by the Spurs. They had it won and gave it away. Terrible coaching job by Pop. After taking control of the game late in Q3 and going to Q4 with a 10 point lead, Pop decides to sit both Duncan and Parker for the first 5 minutes of the quarter allowing the Heat to completely wipe out the deficit. How the hell do you sit them out until less than 7 minutes left? Then after Parker makes 2 great shots to re-gain the lead, Pop takes Duncan off the court for the Heat's last 2 possessions leaving himself with no bigs to rebound. Sure enough twice the Heat miss, get an offensive rebound, and throw it out to an open 3-pt shooter. Then Pop tops off his awful night by incredibly having Parker out of the game on the last possession when he needs a 3 to tie but has Splitter and Duncan in...neither a 3 pt threat. What?

not only that, but when the spurs get a stop with 10 seconds left down 1, he doesn't call timeout to set up a play and most importantly get Parker back in the game. instead he's waving his arms telling them to go go go when its obvious manu is out of control after being awful all game.

some of these coaches are too stubborn for their own good. I don't watch every spurs game but I assume he sits Parker and Duncan early in the 4th most games. but you have a chance to win the championship! Parker and Duncan should not have sat at all in the 4th and ot. why was he flip flopping them in and out of the game so much? truly bizarre.

I know the announcers where saying Manu was fouled at the end, but it looked like he took about 9 steps.

some of these coaches are too stubborn for their own good. I don't watch every spurs game but I assume he sits Parker and Duncan early in the 4th most games. but you have a chance to win the championship! Parker and Duncan should not have sat at all in the 4th and ot. why was he flip flopping them in and out of the game so much? truly bizarre.

Yeah, Miami went on a run to start the 4th, he called a TO, I figured he was bringing at least one of them back in, but not right away. Surprising.

I didn't have as much of problem with leaving Duncan and Parker out to make sure they were fresh for the last 5 minutes of the game but I thought taking Duncan out at the end was a mistake. I get the logic without Duncan in there you can switch everthing and prevent someone getting an open 3 look but it allowed them to give up a rebound and kick out open three twice.

he lost because he did his boeheim impression as in he did what he always does. u foul with a few seconds left. u play parker. u bench manu

the heat have benefitted big time from opposing coaches taking their center out of the game. remember vogel took out hibbert twice in the final minute of game 1 and it led to 2 lebron layups to beat them, and now pop takes out duncan twice and it leads to 2 offensive rebounds and 2 threes. its amazing how much had to go right for the heat to force out. spurs had to miss 2 free throws, heat had to get 2 offensive rebounds, and then had to hit 2 three's off the offensive rebounds.

i hate coaches who overthink or overmanage the game. just roll with your best players, especially with a championship on the line.

he lost because he did his boeheim impression as in he did what he always does. u foul with a few seconds left. u play parker. u bench manu

There was too much time to do the foul thing especially when you had just missed 2 of 4 free throws. Unless you mean foul Bosh as soon as he gets the board with 5 seconds left but he passed it to Allen really quickly. Your can't foul with 10 seconds left up three. Then you risk losing the game.

After last nights game I really wanted Pop to come into the press conference and say, "Miami is a great team but the best team did not win tonight." Then throw his chair and storm off.
NOt one of Jimmy's best moments as a coach. Its clearly one he would love to just go away.:cool:

This is complete Bull$h!t. JB went up against kansas press and played josh pace, gerry mac and Edelin to finish up the game back in 2003. He did what he usually didn't to win that title. JB goes outside of his box all the time. Even his 2-3 zone changes to the strengths of its players every year, as much as you don't want to admit that. There has been years where the center plays more up, years where a forward plays further up and years where we extend one of our guards more.

In recent years we have tried three forward(with Joseph) and three guard lineups. Just last year Cooney Triche and Mike were on the floor together durimg the Uconn game. Just last year, JB tried going back to Rak at the four as far away as he was from it as a freshmen. Paul Harris played 6'6 forward/guard combo for us, we have already voiced Gbinije as a 6'7 point guard but I guess you need to have a 6'10 point for a coach to be considered trying new things. BJ Johnson is 6'7 and JB wants to use him as a guard/forward. We have had 6'9 centers in the zone instead of 7'0.

I usually don't mind you bashing but way off on this one.

Pop is a great coach but he has sucked the last 2 games being loyal to the past in Manu.

Pop is a great coach but he has sucked the last 2 games being loyal to the past in Manu.

Sometimes as a coach, you get to a point where you just have to dance with the one(s) that brought you. Nothing else you can do. I've been on both sides of that equation. It's not right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

Agreed Cowtown but the one who brought the Spurs to the finals this year was Parker and not Manu. Pops a HOF coach but he deserves serious criticism for keeping Parker out of the game in key situations the final 2 games in favor of the turnover machine Manu.

They were interesting decisions, to say the least, but my feeling at this point is Pop is beyond reproach

I know I'm in the minority here, but I was rooting for the heat.

I know that's a no no, but I would like to see him get a few titles.

Maybe I was rooting for him because the guy I work with(I've talked about him before) was saying how much he hates Lebron, Wade, and the rest of them. He was saying stuff that if I were to say here Bees would ban me for life, and I would never see this site again.

That's mostly my reasoning.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I was rooting for the heat.

I know that's a no no, but I would like to see him get a few titles.

Maybe I was rooting for him because the guy I work with(I've talked about him before) was saying how much he hates Lebron, Wade, and the rest of them. He was saying stuff that if I were to say here Bees would ban me for life, and I would never see this site again.

That's mostly my reasoning.

I was rooting for the Spurs but having said that I'm not an anti Heat person. I don't like Wade and Battier but don't have a problem with James or really anyone else on their team. I think all of the hate people have for James is a little over the top. Then again I'm not from Cleveland.

I was rooting for the Spurs but having said that I'm not an anti Heat person. I don't like Wade and Battier but don't have a problem with James or really anyone else on their team. I think all of the hate people have for James is a little over the top. Then again I'm not from Cleveland.

Yeah I think it's definitely over the top.

I agree taking Parker out is something I wouldn't do. The problem is the Spurs couldn't really sit Manu because they had very few options. You have to have people capable of hitting shots from the outside and driving the lane. That's Parker, Manu and Leonard. Maybe Neal as well but I think he is a lesser option. You need Duncan as your center and Green is your spot up shooter. Even though Manu basically took away any chance of winning in the last minute I think Green is the one I would have taken out with a few minutes to go and put in Neal. Green can't dribble the ball and people jump him and he drives and gets trapped and it completely screwed up their offense. The reality is in my mind the Heat are so much better than the Spurs it's laughable. The Heat to me are kind of mentally weak and lazy and the fact they just turn the effort on and off is the only reason the Spurs could make this a series.

Agreed Cowtown but the one who brought the Spurs to the finals this year was Parker and not Manu. Pops a HOF coach but he deserves serious criticism for keeping Parker out of the game in key situations the final 2 games in favor of the turnover machine Manu.

I don't agree with this. He hit the big shot in game 1 but was 5-14 from the field and had 5 assists and 5 turnovers. He was awesome in game 5 but in games 6 and 7 he was combined 9-35 from the field although he had a good assist to turnover ratio. He struggled in the series at times for the same reason Manu did, they are both old and can't drive by people easily anymore which is a huge part of their game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom