Portland Carmelo | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

27AAACD0-9C3A-4175-BB40-87593CAEF3E8.jpeg

Now let's hope he can catch a run over the next few games and pass Moses before
this season ends. The stats pretty much say he'll pass him with his last points of this
year. It'd be nice for him to be past him before Q4 of that game. Maybe Portland
can get a bit of a lead for the sixth spot, and can worry about feeding Melo instead
of trying to win to avoid the play in.

Kev

Hope his predicted firing doesn’t affect Melo and his march to being #9.

Yeah. Melo doesn't need another round of disrespect and being pushed out. Hoping the players voice matters here as it seemed far more a push from the players than Stotts in terms of bringing Melo in.

If the Blazers hire Chauncey Billups then I fear Melo will not be back. I base this on Chauncey's comments as an analyst for the years after they both left Denver. He rarely, if ever, gave Melo any props. Of course, I certainly didn't watch all the instances he was doing analysis.

I'm just happy that Carmelo's stint in Portland has not only been successful, but also dispelled all of the negative chirp about him in the 24 hours sports media churn.

Glad he's ending his career on his own terms, and shutting down all of the ridiculous criticism of his capabilities. He's now viewed reverentially, instead of as a selfish gunner

I'm just happy that Carmelo's stint in Portland has not only been successful, but also dispelled all of the negative chirp about him in the 24 hours sports media churn.

Glad he's ending his career on his own terms, and shutting down all of the ridiculous criticism of his capabilities. He's now viewed reverentially, instead of as a selfish gunner
Totally agree. It has been impressive how successfully he has changed the narrative. His time in Houston has really made me despise Mike D’antoni. Freaking loser.

The one constant in Melo's career has been the respect and admiration from other players. I remember watching video of the US Gold medal win over Spain, and after they'd won a pretty hard-fought game and as the team was celebrating, Kobe called a huddle and asked Melo to lead the team in a sing-song chant; "Melo, go ahead let's hear it"! Out of all the great players, it was Melo who they wanted to lead that chant. Awesome.

The one constant in Melo's career has been the respect and admiration from other players. I remember watching video of the US Gold medal win over Spain, and after they'd won a pretty hard-fought game and as the team was celebrating, Kobe called a huddle and asked Melo to lead the team in a sing-song chant; "Melo, go ahead let's hear it"! Out of all the great players, it was Melo who they wanted to lead that chant. Awesome.
Yup. I think it was Paul Pierce who said Melo was the toughest player to guard for him.

LeBron, Kobe, Wade, CP3 - the other elite players of his era all loved Melo.

He is only 54 points behind Moses Malone for 9th place all time!
To be fair, if one uses combined NBA/ABA points, Carmelo is still 12th, and still behind Dan Issel and Julius Erving, and farther behind Moses Malone, who played a small part of his career in the ABA.
Screenshot_20210513-075541_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom