Portland Carmelo | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

"Carmelo Anthony was able to shake and bake his way to 24 points on 7-12 shooting tonight, 8-8 from the foul line. He took advantage of young players who had no idea there was a trunk in play, let alone how much junk was in it."

Here in Minneapolis, my dad and I watched the 4th quarter of the Portland / Twolves game last night, flipping back and forth between college games.

Carmelo scored something like 12 or so in the 4th quarter, had several key rebounds, and a terrific assist on the bucket that iced the game in the last minute. He was outstanding.

Portland has really ended up being a great situation for him. Kudos to Melo for getting into peak shape, which is why he can still run circles around guys half his age. He might not start, but he sure is on the court when it's time to finish the game for Portland.

Here in Minneapolis, my dad and I watched the 4th quarter of the Portland / Twolves game last night, flipping back and forth between college games.

Carmelo scored something like 12 or so in the 4th quarter, had several key rebounds, and a terrific assist on the bucket that iced the game in the last minute. He was outstanding.

Portland has really ended up being a great situation for him. Kudos to Melo for getting into peak shape, which is why he can still run circles around guys half his age. He might not start, but he sure is on the court when it's time to finish the game for Portland.

So amazing thing that I didn't realize- Melo is the third oldest Active player in the NBA behind Haslem and Iguodala. Lebron sits as the 5th oldest.

Now these guys aren't anywhere near Vince Carter at 43 and a few years to go to hit Jamal Crawford's figure at 39 but seeing the game and hops still these guys have knowing that figure is nuts.

The 2003 NBA draft class is going to sit in history for a long time as one of the best ever.

So amazing thing that I didn't realize- Melo is the third oldest Active player in the NBA behind Haslem and Iguodala. Lebron sits as the 5th oldest.

Now these guys aren't anywhere near Vince Carter at 43 and a few years to go to hit Jamal Crawford's figure at 39 but seeing the game and hops still these guys have knowing that figure is nuts.

The 2003 NBA draft class is going to sit in history for a long time as one of the best ever.
Too add to your point, what's really impressive is that Melo is still playing at such a high level even after basically sitting for a year. Vince playing high level till he was in his 40s puts him in a class by himself at this point.

I think Iguadala played at a high clip, but more so in a situational type reserve role, same thing with Jamal. As a matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it, Iguadala's last season or two with GS (not sure his age at the time) was probably on par with what Melo is doing at Portland right now.

Melo's scoring prowess is and always has been better then than those two, but we have to see where he's at in a few years. As long as he continues to take care of his body, I can see him doing alright for a few more years.

Carmelo is 9 points from tying for 10th place on the all time scoring list. I find that incredible. What an amazing accomplishment for Carmelo.

Edit: The Blazers play the Hawks tonight at 8.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom