Class of 2017 - POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST

Ok I know he's not a grad transfer, but man how big of a get would Ed Morrow be? Hopefully he's close with AW3

Solid player, good shooter. Good size, but not really a PG. Would be a solid addition though, and would have zone experience.

Absolutely take this kid.

I go to Pitt and Cam Johnson just announced he's going to be transferring. Apparently he's on course to graduate after this semester which would make him eligible to be a grad transfer.

I'm not sure what the rules are for in-conference grad transfers, but he will have two years left since he was just a redshirt sophomore.

EDIT: and he's a communications major. If he wants a good communication school and a program in need of some wing shooting, I think he'd be a great fit (assuming he's allowed to transfer within the ACC).

I go to Pitt and Cam Johnson just announced he's going to be transferring. Apparently he's on course to graduate after this semester which would make him eligible to be a grad transfer.

I'm not sure what the rules are for in-conference grad transfers, but he will have two years left since he was just a redshirt sophomore.

EDIT: and he's a communications major. If he wants a good communication school and a program in need of some wing shooting, I think he'd be a great fit (assuming he's allowed to transfer within the ACC).

Wow, he's a 6'8" guard who shot 41.5% from 3 and averaged 4.5 rebounds and over 2 assists a game. Nice player.

Wow, he's a 6'8" guard who shot 41.5% from 3 and averaged 4.5 rebounds and over 2 assists a game. Nice player.
Someone needs to let the staff know about this. A communications major?

Someone needs to let the staff know about this. A communications major?

No kidding -- would kill multiple birds [shooter, potential starter at 3, depth at 2/3] with one stone if we could land somebody like this. I think inter conference transfer rules preclude it, though.

No kidding -- would kill multiple birds [shooter, potential starter at 3, depth at 2/3] with one stone if we could land somebody like this. I think inter conference transfer rules preclude it, though.
I spent a minute looking and found a couple of grad transfers in the B1G moved to another school and were immediately eligible. One was Spike Albrecht.

Looks like the original school has to okay it, as well as the conference. Because of the extenuating circumstances with the coaching change there, and a desire to improve the course of study in his chosen field of study, I would think Pitt might allow this. Certainly others have,...

Michigan's John Beilein lifts restrictions, allowing Spike Albrecht to transfer within Big Ten

Having Johnson for two years would be huge - and not impact our numbers for '18-19, as we get another scholarship back that season.

Would be unbelievable. Not sure how realistic it is but here's to hoping.

I would assume if Pitt has to OK it that they won't with SU on the schedule for 2 games next year...Especially if he has 2 seasons to play.
shhhh - the only reason he won't end up at SU is because JB is lazy/oblivious/has no clue

shhhh - the only reason he won't end up at SU is because JB is lazy/oblivious/has no clue
Yeah because JB has been our hardest working coach on staff the last 5 years. He has gone to all the prospects games, has been running full practices, and is just been killing it on the trail.
It's no coincidence that when JB personally went to see Tucker two weeks ago his interest level in Syracuse went up.

Yeah because JB has been our hardest working coach on staff the last 5 years. He has gone to all the prospects games, has been running full practices, and is just been killing it on the trail.
It's no coincidence that when JB personally went to see Tucker two weeks ago his interest level in Syracuse went up.
Yeah because JB wasn't letting Hop run the show the last year or so

To be fair, there is no head coach in the country that has gone to all of the prospects games. I am more concerned with our ambition to go get the best prospects. We just don't even try anymore. There is no question that Jb has been on cruise control the last number of years. And he could have got away with that if he had brought in a rainmaker when Bernie got tossed. He didn't.

Has to be a Master's program the prior school doesn't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom