Post your parking selection day assignments here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Post your parking selection day assignments here

Hmm, $20 per individual game to park a 20-minute bus ride from the Dome?

It's their parking lot, they can do what they want, but that sounds like gouging to me. A little unnecessary, since they have pretty much unlimited inventory up there and relatively fixed costs.
I've never done it but is the bus ride 20 minutes? You can walk it in 15!

I've never done it but is the bus ride 20 minutes? You can walk it in 15!

I think it's real variable depending on traffic and how close to game time. Three hours early, much faster. 20 minutes before kick, you're probably waiting for awhile at Stratford and Comstock and Euclid and Comstock. And that's assuming they're not slowing for a few stops at Manley.

It's pretty far up there for a quick walk, though. You could do better (and probably cheaper) by parking at the OnCenter and walking up the hill.

I think it's real variable depending on traffic and how close to game time. Three hours early, much faster. 20 minutes before kick, you're probably waiting for awhile at Stratford and Comstock and Euclid and Comstock. And that's assuming they're not slowing for a few stops at Manley.

It's pretty far up there for a quick walk, though. You could do better (and probably cheaper) by parking at the OnCenter and walking up the hill.
Sorry... I was thinking more Manley regarding the walk. Sky top is a bigger hike for sure.

Two options: ripped and charred (drunkenly forgot to drop the heat and flip them) or slow-smoked (drunkenly forgot to not let the propane run out after 75 seconds).

Both revolting in their own way.

Tunes are great tho.

LOL, I think the third time will be a charm with the burgers. Still tasted good. I don't know about that music though. lincolncuse loved it but 80's electric and 90s EMO isn't my bag. ;)

Wife’s parking garage. Trying to maximize the $1000/yr it currently costs me for her work parking

probably someplace in Thornden Park.

You could ask this guy to drive you, I hear he's an excellent parker. He's got a system.
Costanza at Thornden, May 2019.jpg

Yes, we do with the same crew. Sometimes we get dropped off. Sometimes I park other places.

You don’t know how much gear and food is brought in by the fine mess folks. One grill is almost the size of a pickup truck bed. Other grills, canopies, food and drink for up to 150, tables, chairs, a TV, generators, stereo system. I know some that tailgate on their own with a six pack and a sub. Not the same. It’s all about the tailgating.

OttoMets does the oncenter actually sell parking on Saturdays? Is tailgating possible?

You don’t know how much gear and food is brought in by the fine mess folks. One grill is almost the size of a pickup truck bed. Other grills, canopies, food and drink for up to 150, tables, chairs, a TV, generators, stereo system. I know some that tailgate on their own with a six pack and a sub. Not the same. It’s all about the tailgating.

I don’t want to belabor this cause most of you all are some of the best posters here and I enjoy your takes, but I was struck by Cuseguy’s comment saying he wouldn’t support the AD if this didn’t change. That just seems silly to me as I know he’s an alum and a diehard supporter of sports on campus. I’d like to check out your tailgate sometime I’d time allows, but I really love my time where I’m at and believe me we don’t just drink miller lite and eat subs before games. Much more of an IPA and grilled meats crowd. I do know change always ruffles the feathers, but personally I hate having my vehicle in any lot near the dome as I drive a larger pickup that’s difficult to maneuver in small spaces and I don’t trust the other people that would park close to it.

I don’t want to belabor this cause most of you all are some of the best posters here and I enjoy your takes, but I was struck by Cuseguy’s comment saying he wouldn’t support the AD if this didn’t change. That just seems silly to me as I know he’s an alum and a diehard supporter of sports on campus. I’d like to check out your tailgate sometime I’d time allows, but I really love my time where I’m at and believe me we don’t just drink miller lite and eat subs before games. Much more of an IPA and grilled meats crowd. I do know change always ruffles the feathers, but personally I hate having my vehicle in any lot near the dome as I drive a larger pickup that’s difficult to maneuver in small spaces and I don’t trust the other people that would park close to it.

We tailgate in the West lot near the Dome. If I’m forced to park elsewhere, I’ll have to consider whether it’s worth the trouble anymore. No sense supporting the school if I’m being inconvenienced.

OttoMets does the oncenter actually sell parking on Saturdays? Is tailgating possible?

Tailgating is an open question, but it's my understanding that the surface lot and garage will be available for gameday. Definitely an option.

Tailgating is an open question, but it's my understanding that the surface lot and garage will be available for gameday. Definitely an option.
Now this is something to explore as its looking like we're booted, just a matter of time and when. Then we could take the bus up from the hotel syracuse/Marriott where I know a bunch who do that now and "tailgate" at the hotel. Which kinda sounds good to me anyway now that they're making our lives fairly miserable trying to keep fine mess going.

Now this is something to explore as its looking like we're booted, just a matter of time and when. Then we could take the bus up from the hotel syracuse/Marriott where I know a bunch who do that now and "tailgate" at the hotel. Which kinda sounds good to me anyway now that they're making our lives fairly miserable trying to keep fine mess going.

Hope we're not getting the boot already, but I can ask around. Could ask about Thornden, too - downhill walk.

We stay at the Marriott for most games and might try the shuttle next year whether I get my West pass or not.

Although we don’t try to squeak in at the last minute (we like to arrive early) but I still worry about what the traffics would be like from Marriott to Dome 1 hr before kickoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom