Post your parking selection day assignments here | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Post your parking selection day assignments here

Hey Fine Lot guys, I already got my lot (Carn old Q-3) and closed out but I do have (2) more parking selections if I want to make them. I would be glad to call my contact with Orange Club to see if I can still get my other 2 parking selections. Let me know. Mike

Mike -

That would be wonderful! If you can get two additional West Lot passes we'll pair you up with guys in need when the dust settles. Since Domedog84 responded first, you can give him right of first refusal but we'll take whatever you can get!

Confirm here when purchased and we'll align for reimbursement.

If anyone has any extra parking passes that they are not using/claiming. please pm me. Looking like I will get closed out of West area lots. thank you!

Last edited:
Mike -

That would be wonderful! If you can get two additional West Lot passes we'll pair you up with guys in need when the dust settles. Since Domedog84 responded first, you can give him right of first refusal but we'll take whatever you can get!

Confirm here when purchased and we'll align for reimbursement.

If you guys need them for the actual tailgate stuff feel free to budge me in line, but if not I would love to solidify our spot back in our traditional home.

someone who goes on monday should screenshot the available choices as then

Has anyone heard which lots are currently sold out?

I have been tailgating with 8 other season ticket holders for the past 25+ years at Women’s Building North. One of the individuals heard today that Women’s Building North is already sold out which is really disappointing if true since we have all been loyal/long time football season holders & tailgating friends who are left out in the cold in terms of parking if true. I know we will lose a few season ticket holders from my group as a result of this if true since this has been their tailgating spot for 25+ years and it is a big part of their football Saturday’s. I will never give mine up and accept the fact this is what happens with a winning program. I am hoping he is wrong but will find out on Monday at 9:30 a.m. when I select my parking spot for 2019.

Has anyone heard which lots are currently sold out?

I have been tailgating with 8 other season ticket holders for the past 25+ years at Women’s Building North. One of the individuals heard today that Women’s Building North is already sold out which is really disappointing if true since we have all been loyal/long time football season holders & tailgating friends who are left out in the cold in terms of parking if true. I know we will lose a few season ticket holders from my group as a result of this if true since this has been their tailgating spot for 25+ years and it is a big part of their football Saturday’s. I will never give mine up and accept the fact this is what happens with a winning program. I am hoping he is wrong but will find out on Monday at 9:30 a.m. when I select my parking spot for 2019.

As of late morning Women’s Building North (I also parked there) was sold out and Women’s Building South was about 75% full. Hope things work out and you can still get in WBS.

As of late morning Women’s Building North (I also parked there) was sold out and Women’s Building South was about 75% full. Hope things work out and you can still get in WBS.
Thanks for the information. I am disappointed to say the least especially after being a football season ticket holder and donating to the Orange Club for 29 years.

If you guys need them for the actual tailgate stuff feel free to budge me in line, but if not I would love to solidify our spot back in our traditional home.
I think you and Chris (O.P.) have a good chance of getting a pass from someone here if the lot sells out

Hey if anyone isn’t going to use a west or raynor pass, or hillside or sadler, keep me in mind. My date is apparently On the dark side of the moon and I’d be more than willing to take one off your hands

As pumped as I've been for football season to start, this thread has been depressing me... I'm gonna have to hit like 6 parking lots to be able to see all you knuckleheads.

Eh, I'm not sure that's what it seems. If I remember correctly, "ticket" prices went down, the Orange Club donation got baked in, and the net consumer cost was the same.

Now they are probably setting us up for a bump in each of the next couple years with this shift, but for now I'm not sure the individual seat revenue has grown.
I’m making an assumption here that yours works the same way as Clemson’s, but the booster club can do different things with the money than the university or even the athletic department can. Maybe I should not assume that.

I’m making an assumption here that yours works the same way as Clemson’s, but the booster club can do different things with the money than the university or even the athletic department can. Maybe I should not assume that.

Yeah, sounds like the guys who know more than I do confirmed that's the case. If so, I can see how that's an important change for the AD and program.

I think SU gets tough on students parking in lots on Gameday. The Fine Lot always seemed to have dozens of law school students parked. SU will have to enforce this year as demand is way up.

They're going to have to, but it will be a dramatic shift from past history.

When I was living in Lawrinson in the early 90's they would rarely ticket cars with student parking passes in the Dome lots on game day. Even though the policy was (and still is) that students are to move vehicles to Manley on game day by 8AM, I quickly realized that it was worth the 5% chance of getting a $20 ticket to not have to get up at 7AM to move my car. I quit moving my car after like the second game, and never got a ticket.

I've never seen campus security issue any tickets in any lots over the last 15 years, and they've certainly never towed anyone, so why would any students move their cars?

They're going to have to, but it will be a dramatic shift from past history.

When I was living in Lawrinson in the early 90's they would rarely ticket cars with student parking passes in the Dome lots on game day. Even though the policy was (and still is) that students are to move vehicles to Manley on game day by 8AM, I quickly realized that it was worth the 5% chance of getting a $20 ticket to not have to get up at 7AM to move my car. I quit moving my car after like the second game, and never got a ticket.

I've never seen campus security issue any tickets in any lots over the last 15 years, and they've certainly never towed anyone, so why would any students move their cars?

This - 100%. When the new dorm opened on the old bus/rv lot right there the very first game I remember security making some students move and a girl through an absolute hissy fit. After that I have never seen them move anyone or see students move their cars. There have been some games where I have gotten to the Fine Lot 4+ hours from kick and the lot is already half full and maybe 2 or 3 people are tailgaters/people with parking passes the rest are students and god knows who else. I understand SU's dilemma but if after going through all of this new parking process and pricing structure if people are getting shut out 2 hours before the game because the lot is full there gonna have an S storm rain down on them of biblical proportions.

This - 100%. When the new dorm opened on the old bus/rv lot right there the very first game I remember security making some students move and a girl through an absolute hissy fit. After that I have never seen them move anyone or see students move their cars. There have been some games where I have gotten to the Fine Lot 4+ hours from kick and the lot is already half full and maybe 2 or 3 people are tailgaters/people with parking passes the rest are students and god knows who else. I understand SU's dilemma but if after going through all of this new parking process and pricing structure if people are getting shut out 2 hours before the game because the lot is full there gonna have an S storm rain down on them of biblical proportions.

What has happened in the past if you bought a lot specific parking pass, show up 2+ hours before game time and there are no spots left?

What has happened in the past if you bought a lot specific parking pass, show up 2+ hours before game time and there are no spots left?

Its' never happened to me personally but I know a couple of guys from the group had this happen and they had to either A. Park over in Standart or B. Basically get in a shouting match with the attendant until they were let in and were able to fine a spot. While Standart isn't far from Fine at all when you paying in excess of $500 you want to park where you paid for.

Its' never happened to me personally but I know a couple of guys from the group had this happen and they had to either A. Park over in Standart or B. Basically get in a shouting match with the attendant until they were let in and were able to fine a spot. While Standart isn't far from Fine at all when you paying in excess of $500 you want to park where you paid for.

Don't they consider both Standard and Fine to be "WEST" lots?

I had some friends get tied up in traffic on I-81 in PA before the LSU game. They got to campus about 45 minutes before kickoff, and the Fine lot had been full for 2 hours. They got turned away at the Standart lot because it was full. They had to drive through game traffic to Skytop, take the bus down, and missed the opening kick. They were...not happy.

It really all comes down to what percentage of the available spots did SU sell passes for. If they aren't going to move the students, that's their prerogative. But you can't take a lot with 500 spaces and sell 200 student parking permits and 400 game day passes. It's worked out okay for 20 years because there were enough no-shows to every game.

Ok I'm on the site, mycuse accnt, I go in about 15 min. Where do you go on the site for the parking selection? Anyone know, thx.

Don't they consider both Standard and Fine to be "WEST" lots?

Yes they do. Certainly if someone arrives 25 to kick and the fine lot is full there's nothing to argue about. My only point was if its 2+ hours to kick and Fine is full and half the cars are students people are going to be upset.

Ok I'm on the site, mycuse accnt, I go in about 15 min. Where do you go on the site for the parking selection? Anyone know, thx.

Mike call your rep asap

As soon as its your time, log into the site and you should get a popup window on the home screen telling you to pick your parking. It won't pop up if you're already logged in when your time comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom