Postgame Thoughts… Auburn | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Auburn

Very strange. Did Pearl say something to them about Boeheim to fire them up? Who did? Some teammate not get recruited and feeling dissed? Someone had to hear what he said. Pretty wimpy act by Smith.

Last year JB made some unflattering comments about Walker Kessler when he announced he was transferring away from UNC.

I actually saw some things tonignt that made me feel better than I did against VCU. Edwards looks good. It was nice to see Swider hit some shots.

Auburn is fun to watch. They remind me a bit of the teams that made me a fan as a kid in the late '80's with their athleticism. I started a thread about how I thought smith reminded me a bit of DC. Nobody responded, so maybe I'm alone there. His build, the way he handles the ball, and the release on his shot all bring back memories for me. He even seemed to have a bit of a mean streak.

I don't know the next time we'll be athletic like they are. I hope it's not too long.

Remember when this was our biggest worry? Those were the days

It's like JB took the criticism of the 2013 team personally. "You don't like this team because they can't shoot? Fine I'll go completely in the opposite direction and see how you guys enjoy that!"
Yes, he has become fixated on one aspect while not realizing the 3pt shooting aspect has rendered his defense obsolete like the Wishbone in CFB.

He hasnt been seeing things clearly for a few seasons now and the record kind of proves that

Remember when this was our biggest worry? Those were the days

It's like JB took the criticism of the 2013 team personally. "You don't like this team because they can't shoot? Fine I'll go completely in the opposite direction and see how you guys enjoy that!"
Fans were mad we were winning games 55-50. It was a real thing and people trashed some players here over the years because they played excellent defense, but couldn’t shoot as well as they wanted.

Fans were mad we were winning games 55-50. It was a real thing and people trashed some players here over the years because they played excellent defense, but couldn’t shoot as well as they wanted.

Yep. A lot of the same people I am sure said we had to stop recruiting these long athletes built for the zone and start getting players that could score.

Yep. A lot of the same people I am sure said we had to stop recruiting these long athletes built for the zone and start getting players that could score.
But, why does it have to be either or? Just in this short amount of time, I've seen plenty of teams that have kids that are athletic AND good basketball players. And, I'm not talking about Top 10 caliber teams.

But, why does it have to be either or? Just in this short amount of time, I've seen plenty of teams that have kids that are athletic AND good basketball players. And, I'm not talking about Top 10 caliber teams.

You’ll have to ask the posters that kept hammering away on it.

This is true.

I think you had a lot of people that just wanted a PG though if I recall correctly - and maybe some SG issues. That's always a long strange debate though that gets people fired up over sanctions, failed attempts, recruiting SF/SG to play PG, etc...so no need to venture down that rabbit hole.

This is true.

I think you had a lot of people that just wanted a PG though if I recall correctly - and maybe some SG issues. That's always a long strange debate though that gets people fired up over sanctions, failed attempts, recruiting SF/SG to play PG, etc...so no need to venture down that rabbit hole.
I was mainly thinking of the MCW/Triche year. The board was an abomination that season and we were in the top 10 most of the season and It was a national championship caliber team. People just were mad those guys couldn’t shoot.

Wait people want a balanced team.
That is amazing.

Are you new? Guess you didn’t read the board then. And I didn’t mention balance.

Re-watched the Auburn game today and the scary thing to me is that I think it was the first game this season where the team executed the zone the way it is supposed to be played... I think the players made the right reads and rotations and for the most part the efforts were directed to the right spaces in the zone, but our players physically can't GET to the positions to contest fast/quick enough. I think SU brought its B+/A- game against Auburn and still got smoked. That is beyond worrisome. I just don't see the athletic upside on this team to move beyond a bubble-type season at best.

It is a major problem when the starting center has the best lateral quickness of all the players in the starting five. Major.

Swiders first 6 games 6-14, 4-8, 3-8, 2-14(first time on the road this year), 7-12, and 5-11 (should of been 6-11 on a fast break. 12-12 from the line on the season.

He's up to 12 shots on average, Wouldnt mind if he gets up to 16-17 per game.
Swider should get more shots but Jesse is the player that needs more shots the most.

I think there's a good chance five years from now its obvious he was the best player on this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom