Postgame Thoughts… Auburn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Auburn

that’s fine. Why did he feel the need to chime in? Did the same with the Duke player last year...

i hope he’s not upset if some other coach decides to comment on how he set his roster up this year.
Boeheim should worry about his own house.
He literally can’t filter himself and won’t filter himself.

If he wants to become a college basketball analyst go ahead. I just wish he would stop saying this stuff.

that’s fine. Why did he feel the need to chime in? Did the same with the Duke player last year...

i hope he’s not upset if some other coach decides to comment on how he set his roster up this year.
Yeah, don’t mistake my saying he was correct Kessler was crazy for leaving UNC with believing it was reasonable to say it out loud to the media.

Boeheim makes every team we lose to out to be some all-time great powerhouse like UCLA with Alcindor, Walton. He just said VCU was one of the best 5 or 6 defensive teams in the country. They lost to Chattanooga and Wagner for God's sake. He is delusional at this point and in denial. We make bad teams look average, average teams look good and good teams look great. This has to be the end of the road for him. I hope he doesn't go out with a disastrous season.

During the vcu game today someone said they may be the best defensive team in the country. So it’s not just a JB thing. Yea they lost to two bad teams but it wasn’t their defense.

During the vcu game today someone said they may be the best defensive team in the country. So it’s not just a JB thing. Yea they lost to two bad teams but it wasn’t their defense.
Actually that's right. syracuse.com pointed out their defensive metrics in the articles previewing the game.

Eh to me this season just falls into the category of it is what it is. We have not had a losing season since 1970, overall we have had it good for a long, long time. If the team flips the script mid season great, if not oh well. I am just going to start viewing this as the start of the transition. When his sons walk off the floor for the last time at SU, I am guessing JB will as well. No matter which way the season goes. Just roll with it at this point.

If he wants to become a college basketball analyst go ahead. I just wish he would stop saying this stuff.
There was a time when JB’s candor was refreshingly honest. Recently he has spoken out about things he should have had the sense to not comment on. I don’t think It is a good thing for him or the university for him to weigh in on other teams student athletes.

Last edited:

Wish he would have become an analyst about 4 years ago.

vcu lost to baylor by 6 who killed msu by 20,. and they took a ranked uconn team to ot today.
Ok, how bout the powerhouse Colgate? He said we won't likely face a shooting team like that again this year. They lost to Harvard and Cornell. We better watch out in that Cornell game, they might rival unbeaten 1976 Indiana, 32-0.

Boeheim makes every team we lose to out to be some all-time great powerhouse like UCLA with Alcindor, Walton. He just said VCU was one of the best 5 or 6 defensive teams in the country. They lost to Chattanooga and Wagner for God's sake. He is delusional at this point and in denial. We make bad teams look average, average teams look good and good teams look great. This has to be the end of the road for him. I hope he doesn't go out with a disastrous season.
I think VCU is one of the best defensive teams in the country. The problem is we let them score 44 points in the second half and shoot 50% from three when they average around 50 points a game

JB wasn’t wrong here about Kessler.

From what I understand Kessler’s dad took issue with how he was used in Chapel Hill and was the driving force behind his son transferring.
This is just one of the many flaws in the free-for-all transfer rule.

Last edited:
Eh to me this season just falls into the category of it is what it is. We have not had a losing season since 1970, overall we have had it good for a long, long time. If the team flips the script mid season great, if not oh well. I am just going to start viewing this as the start of the transition. When his sons walk off the floor for the last time at SU, I am guessing JB will as well. No matter which way the season goes. Just roll with it at this point.

Good for you, enjoy!

However, for many, it’s just more of the same wash, rinse & repeat cycle regular season we’ve been accustomed to since ‘14. That same year come January of being ranked in the Top 25 during the regular season.

Start of the transition? Seems we’ve been “lost in” transition for some time now.

Last edited:
what I would like to see happen.
Benny, Ajax, and (1/2 of the time Anslem in practice) learn to rebound with their hands and weakside shot block at the 4, So Jimmy can use his body and box out in the middle at the 5 when Edwards isnt in. Jimmy steps out at the 5 like Lydon and starts taking 6 threes a game knocking down at least 2.5 and opening the lane.
What will happen instead? Continuously hearing our rebounding needs to get better.

What I would like to see happen.
Cole and Buddy uptop together by some miracle stop most penetration and push up on the guards for almost 0 open looks 15 minutes a game. What will happen? Not that.

What I would like to see happen.
Joe, Sy, Buddy, Cole, and Jimmy(5) beat the press at full speed and rain down 3's and get to the rim against the press
What will happen? Our rebounding already sucks. everyone's tired playing 34mpg, we cant run that.

Last edited:
There is no reason to be upset with players at all.
They are playing hard and good kids.
We are what we are.

We went into this season based on what the coaching staff I.e. really HC wanted.

This team will win games when we make shots.

Our defense is going to be mediocre at best.

The kids are good kids.
It’s just a flawed roster put together so nobody could challenge it.

We will live with this for he season.
It’s not negative to say the roster management was easy to predict was flawed.

Walker Kessler is one of the many non-SU players across the college basketball landscape upon whom the Heimer has taken a dump.

Around the time Roy Williams retired, JB said Kessler's decision to transfer was crazy and just a result of wounded pride.

Amazingly, Boeheim flung turds at multiple players in this single tournament. Another example is James Akinjo, the starting PG of tournament champion Baylor.
I do remember a comment about Kessler transferring

I think we have a good shot at getting a preferred pod location in Buffalo.
If we fall to the 4 seed line we at worse we keep Buffalo or get Pittsburgh,
Remember when this was our biggest worry? Those were the days

It's like JB took the criticism of the 2013 team personally. "You don't like this team because they can't shoot? Fine I'll go completely in the opposite direction and see how you guys enjoy that!"

I think fatigue was a huge factor tonight…But it all points back to the coach. Even with full rest, we’re not beating Auburn.

Jimmy B cannot guard anyone. It’s tough to watch. I feel bad for him. But he gives effort. The guards don’t challenge shooters…ever. The Girard death stare has been really ineffective so far, surprisingly. Swider over extends every single possession and can’t recover. Poor Jessie ends up trying to cover for the forwards and ends up out of position.

Duke is going to put up 55 per half on us.

Jessie, Buddy and a wide open Cole, Jimmy and Joe are our only offensive threats against good teams.

We cannot manufacture any offense from our defense. Hell, we can barely manufacture defense from our defense.

We box out, watch the ball hit the floor in close to our players and still get beat to it. It’s comical.

As far as the PG position goes….against real peer programs….our assist to Turnover numbers are 16 assists 17 TOs. That’s not going to cut it. It’s so much work to get over half court into our sets. Joe gives us some offense, but he still takes bad shots. Sy can’t shoot and he’s struggling with his ball handling too. Marek took so much pressure off Joe last year - Jimmy/Cole can’t do that.

If we’re going to throw Princeton type athletes out there, we should try to run their offense.

Give me a team with Buddy and Jessie with Joe, Cole and Jimmy as my # 6-8 players and we can compete….but.,,

And for the record, Buddy can absolutely be a 22ppg scorer of a good ACC team…he needs help. I’d live with him taking 25-30 shots per game in this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom