Postgame Thoughts… Colgate | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Colgate

If the state of our program was to be represented by a scene from the movie Titanic what scene would it be?
We drop 2 straight to Colgate for the first time in, well....

C0F31D80-B13C-4FC2-9298-3D692F5922D4.gif

I can hear Celine Dion in the background.
When the ship is ass up in the air and the guy bounces off the propeller as he falls to his death.
It’s gotta be when she’s clinging to the floating plank trying to whistle for help in the darkness. But nobody hears her. And she’s too exhausted… wondering if this is how it all ends.

At least that’s how I think the fan base feels right now.

So glad I sold my stock (seasons tickets) years ago. Now the product is not worth the effort of finding it buried in a streaming service somewhere.

We have an outdated coach
We have an outdated defensive system
We have an outdated offensive system
We have an outdated recruiting philosophy

We have an AD who doesn’t have balls to make the change needed
We have boosters and donors who are with JB and not Syracuse
We have assistants who don’t get looks at lesser P5 schools but they are going to be looked upon to take over a sinking ship and get it back on course.

Basically to sum it all up WE ARE SCREWED.

100%.

Short rotations don’t bother me, but I crack up when I read the inevitable “guys, we’ll go 9 deep this year” assurances.
It's going to be a dumpster fire.

We're going back to the zone.

Which could work if Girard isn't out there.

Girard's going to be out there.

We're going to a 7 man rotation.

6 and 7 will be Torrence and Hima.

We don't have a bench forward.

Solution? Undersized backline.

Does that negate any advantage we may have by working exclusively on one defense?

Sure will!

Are you... are you becoming the new Igor?

Because if so, I am here for it.
I don’t even know who that is. I just know this season is going to be sad so I may as well have fun supporting the one player who seems to be enjoying life

I don’t even know who that is. I just know this season is going to be sad so I may as well have fun supporting the one player who seems to be enjoying life
Igor was awesome. The Iggy awards are named after him. Few had such a way with words. He was famous for stirring the pot with exorbitant claims. One of his best was staying that certain players were "getting Boeheimed" and our best talents were rotting on the bench.

Your Job Bol Ajak comment was in that spirit.

Can anyone explain why Girard was on the bench in the last 5 minutes when he's our only proven shooter? Bizarre. He has to be hurt or something, What
As I read it, it was our defense that was killing us rather than our offense. I know Joe can score but at least against Colgate his man was totally outscoring him

It's going to be a dumpster fire.

We're going back to the zone.

Which could work if Girard isn't out there.

Girard's going to be out there.

We're going to a 7 man rotation.

6 and 7 will be Torrence and Hima.

We don't have a bench forward.

Solution? Undersized backline.

Does that negate any advantage we may have by working exclusively on one defense?

Sure will!
I totally agree on Joe. I love it when his threes drop but his defense costs us doubley. Agree the number of players will shrink quickly but expect to see, or hope to see a bit of Maliq.

9 personal fouls by CUSE... they weren't even trying to play defense!!!
Colgate had twice as many assists... same song and dance. Not enough movement
or passing on CUSE offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom