Postgame Thoughts… Cornell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Cornell

The defense was better in the second half in terms of making the first shot more difficult and contesting passes. However they were so pathetic at rebounding (last I checked, a part of defense) that Cornell ended up with myriad wide open looks from 3, which they were just missing. So all told , i think it could have been a much different story if they just made even 1/3 of those wide open threes in the 2nd

2 things-

1st - many of those looks were on a a few possessions.

Second- they were good looks in theory but they were rushed shots as they desperately tried to get shots to fall. They were not in rhythm at all. Their offense is a few passes then a shot. Most of those boards were long rebounds. We need to work on that but it was not as extreme as it felt live.

Because they’re picking it up on offense, no one has separated themselves which means you’re back to square one
JT seems to me a far better basketball player than Bell or Williams. Just shorter.

Who?

Princeton, Yale, Penn and Harvard are all in contention for the title with Cornell.

Cornell was picked 5th in pre season for a reason. Their style of play has served them well in the non conference so far almost beating both BC and Miami.

Weak start to this game, but sort of what I expected. Good effort to tie it at half.

Second half we dominated, no question. Kudos to Jesse for stepping up on D and in the paint there.

Joe played great and kept us in it early. Bell played well too, including some good effort plays which are really needed from him.

Nice to see Symir and Benny hit threes.

Brown continues to just play good basketball, even though the numbers were not eye popping.
Joey was more triple espresso ☕️ than iced coffee today.

Molto bene

Princeton, Yale, Penn and Harvard are all in contention for the title with Cornell.

Cornell was picked 5th in pre season for a reason.
Sure they’re all in contention, but none of them are any good and I think Cornell appears to be the most competitive top-to-bottom of all of them.

Sure they’re all in contention, but none of them are any good and I think Cornell appears to be the most competitive top-to-bottom of all of them.

Lol well all of them are better than Cornell in Ken Pom. But sure the analytics are all garbage and you would know better.

Princeton dropped Monmouth 91-54.. the same Monmouth we struggled with and the one Cornell beat by only 18.

Yale is 9-3 and pushed UK at Rupp only losing by 10.

Harvard has several decent wins as well including Siena and Loyola

Penn beat Colgate and Temple

Cornell has beaten Lafayette, Delaware, Monmouth, Canisius, St Francis PA, Ithaca( D2) and Delhi (D2) and had some close losses to Miami and BC before us. Also their loss to Miami is to a Miami team whose defense is awful.

So to claim they are so much better is nuts. Nothing points to that right now.

Last edited:
Lol well all of them are better than Cornell in Ken Pom. But sure the analytics are all garbage and you would know better.
I mean, 1 school hasn’t lost to a non power 5, the others have. But sure, Yale has the super impressive loss to Kentucky

I think we can put to bed the early season discussion of whatever rivalry between Judah and Joe. Those guys were having fun out there together in the second half.
The alley-oop today was a thing of beauty. Girard tried this with Mintz a few games back and botched it. I remember thinking it was worth the turnover, because it would improve the chemistry between the two of them.

The Ivy is very competitive this year. They could be and their style will be hard to play against in that league but not sure.

Probably, the ivy isn’t very good
Think Which One GIF

Check the other thread. Cornell is behind 4 other Ivy teams in Ken Pom.

They have two wins of their 7 vs D2 teams. The other 5 wins are Delaware, Canisius, Monmouth, St Francis PA and Lafayette.

Tonight was a good win in response to how things started. It's junk on paper and would have been equally as bad as the Bryant loss.

D looked a lot more active in the second half. This team is more fun to watch than the teams of the past few years. Much more play in the paint and deeper rotation of the bench is something that we haven't seen in a while.

D looked a lot more active in the second half. This team is more fun to watch than the teams of the past few years. Much more play in the paint and deeper rotation of the bench is something that we haven't seen in a while.
Thank you. This team is fun to watch. I don’t know how the season will go moving forward but I am really enjoying watching the team develop.

Check the other thread. Cornell is behind 4 other Ivy teams in Ken Pom.

They have two wins of their 7 vs D2 teams. The other 5 wins are Delaware, Canisius, Monmouth, St Francis PA and Lafayette.

Tonight was a good win in response to how things started. It's junk on paper and would have been equally as bad as the Bryant loss.
I know you’re right.

I mean, 1 school hasn’t lost to a non power 5, the others have. But sure, Yale has the super impressive loss to Kentucky

So you are trolling - should have picked that up. That one statement clearly makes Cornell better with their two D2 wins and all those close P5 losses. Their analytics are bad and all four other Ivy teams ahead of them have better wins. Close losses don't make you a better team.

Troll better.

The alley-oop today was a thing of beauty. Girard tried this with Mintz a few games back and botched it. I remember thinking it was worth the turnover, because it would improve the chemistry between the two of them.

Yeah - there is something about a guard to guard oop.. like a forward to forward oop. One of my more modern favorites was the Melo to Hak Ooop vs WVU.

They get after it and never stop attacking. Even when Judah was making mistakes he was being aggressive. Same with Bell. When you are aggressive good things happen. Its just fun basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom