Postgame Thoughts… Cornell | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Cornell

For the first time this year Benny and Bell looked like leaders in the second half. Our Core three was a Core 5 in the second half. The little things.
Brown Symir, Copeland (minus one pass) played well. Ajax Hima, Justin were quiet but ok.

When Copeland keeps it simple, he's very effective. He plays with a lot of effort. I see him becoming a Josh Pace kind of player by next year. He can use his body and drive the lane pretty well, and damn, he's 6-6!

Glad we won going away. Joe kept us in it during the 1H which was key. He’s #1 star of the game for sure. His first bucket was a baseline jumper off the dribble and his second was an off the dribble three.

We can’t bank on him nailing those shots.

Reason I’m saying that is bc Judah had an awful game. And he absolutely has to do a better job once he gets past a primary defender. We’ve seen glimpses, but it has to be consistent.

I’m happy that Benny and Bell gave us production. I’m still not sold that it will be consistent or stay at this type of level once we hit conference play. But will take it now.

Jesse is an offensive efficiency and also rebounding machine.

Loved Maliq.

One game at a time. Streak is still going. Just keep banking wins.

Glad we won going away. Joe kept us in it during the 1H which was key. He’s #1 star of the game for sure. His first bucket was a baseline jumper off the dribble and his second was an off the dribble three.

We can’t bank on him nailing those shots.

Reason I’m saying that is bc Judah had an awful game. And he absolutely has to do a better job once he gets past a primary defender. We’ve seen glimpses, but it has to be consistent.

I’m happy that Benny and Bell gave us production. I’m still not sold that it will be consistent or stay at this type of level once we hit conference play. But will take it now.

Jesse is an offensive efficiency and also rebounding machine.

Loved Maliq.

One game at a time. Streak is still going. Just keep banking wins.

They're not all going to play well every game. They're young guys, and some have limited skill sets, at this point in their development. We need 4 or 5 guys to all play well to win most games, and we found it again tonight!

We’re fun and growing. I’ll take it. Really like what Bell and Benny brought today. Quadir’s drive and finish was smooth and easy.

Hats off to Boeheim. They both played poorly early in the year. Others played better in spurts, but he let them work though it, and challenged them to figure it out in a couple games. He's been pretty patient so far with this lineup.

I’m really encouraged that Syracuse took the early lumps & instead of crumbling & falling apart, responded well, reasserted themselves & took control of the game… to the point of running away with it. This isn’t an objectively true statement, but it FEELS like a long time since we’ve had a ‘Cuse team with those characteristics. It’s awesome!

Love seeing Copeland come in at a time I wasn’t expecting at all, love seeing the Orange be fast & athletic on the break… I’m here for it

So you are trolling - should have picked that up. That one statement clearly makes Cornell better with their two D2 wins and all those close P5 losses. Their analytics are bad and all four other Ivy teams ahead of them have better wins. Close losses don't make you a better team.

Troll better.
It’s not trolling, that’s what I think. You want believe a team that lost to Saint joes is better, be my guest. I couldn’t care less.

I’m dreaming of being like 14-6 and having 20,000+ including a big and fired up student section for UNC on 1/24. And then let’s freakin bury them. Wes Johnson at MSG buzzsaw them.

Let’s make it happen. Enough is a freakin nuff. Let’s be Syracuse again. We’ve got a stud center and PG, a senior deadeye shooter, and multiple young and athletic forwards that are turning a corner. No excuses. Let’s go.

Glad the season is respectable.

I'm pretty crushed though seeing what I consider peer programs playing each other UK/UCLA etc and we have to schedule an Ivy and our tough OOC games are St Johns and Richmond. If we scheduled anyone interesting we'd end the year 10-20.

I'm pretty crushed though seeing what I consider peer programs playing each other UK/UCLA etc and we have to schedule an Ivy and our tough OOC games are St Johns and Richmond. If we scheduled anyone interesting we'd end the year 10-20.
Eh, our OOC schedule is what it always is.

In the old days we would be more ready and would beat even a good Colgate by doubles, we wouldn’t have half the team sick and our PG ejected and we’d beat Bryant, and we’d not choke away the SJU game and be 11-1 instead of 8-4.

Ehh, they seem pretty even honestly
I don’t see how you can even compare Williams to Taylor. Two completely different skill sets and responsibilities

Eh, our OOC schedule is what it always is.

In the old days we would be more ready and would beat even a good Colgate by doubles, we wouldn’t have half the team sick and our PG ejected and we’d beat Bryant, and we’d not choke away the SJU game and be 11-1 instead of 8-4.
RANDY WHITE AND LOUISIANA TECH IN THE DOME FOR THE CARRIER CLASSIC!

UCLA played powers Pepperdine, Bellarmine, Denver and the have UC Davis Wednesday. Every Power 5 pays for Cupcakes to come to them.

RANDY WHITE AND LOUISIANA TECH IN THE DOME FOR THE CARRIER CLASSIC!
I have no idea what that means? I’m guessing it was either in a year that we kinda sucked or way before my time.

I’m still pissed off we lost to Colgate and that toolbag Bryant coach. I want both of them again.

Schedule them both next year and after we beat Bryant by 30, someone smack that coach in the mouth.
I sat at floor level across from the Bryant coach. My first thought was he seemed like a geek. What a disrespectful tool.

With a whole fist full of freshman, you aren't going to schedule top flight teams. Let's take things gradually and by ACC tournament time and March you may get your wish.

And next year, you might see one or two of those top teams on the early schedule if coaches think the center can be adequately filled. The rest of the team should be there.

Those who think Mintz is one and done are being far more optimistic about his progress than I. Playing like he is now, even improving through the season, he would still have a long way to go to think about the NBA.

I sat at floor level across from the Bryant coach. My first thought was he seemed like a geek. What a disrespectful tool.

There’s a LOT of coaches in their 30’s and 40’s who I absolutely hate. Like, that whole generation of college coaches are complete dorks. Actually maybe 50s too…I think Danny Hurley is probably 50+ but he’s such a man baby that I forget how old he really is.

But that Bryant coach might take the cake. Never seen a coach, his entire team, and all their assistants act like that. I hate them all. If we ever play them again I’m stubhubbing seats front row behind their bench and basically being like the guy with the nail in his head was to Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore.

With a whole fist full of freshman, you aren't going to schedule top flight teams. Let's take things gradually and by ACC tournament time and March you may get your wish.

And next year, you might see one or two of those top teams on the early schedule if coaches think the center can be adequately filled. The rest of the team should be there.

Those who think Mintz is one and done are being far more optimistic about his progress than I. Playing like he is now, even improving through the season, he would still have a long way to go to think about the NBA.

Tough to be a smaller guard in the NBA in the 2020’s if you can’t shoot from outside.

Judah’s solid FT % suggests he’ll improve as an outside shooter, but it would seem he’ll need another year in college at least based on his complete lack of perimeter game so far and slight build.

Up 12 with 3:30 to go and Copeland, after getting the ball from a double teamed Jesse on the baseline and dribbling it up across half court like he’s supposed to, throws a lead pass out of bounds rather than slowing it up and running 30 seconds…..

this is AAU basketball’s fault. It’s NOT better ball than high school. They just get all the good players on the same teams while collecting money, and then have them coached by some dork wearing shorts and old running sneakers….they just run up and down. No “situations” coaching. QC wouldn’t have even gotten talked to after that turnover in an AAU game.

That’s my take and I’m sticking to it.

Up 12 with 3:30 to go and Copeland, after getting the ball from a double teamed Jesse on the baseline and dribbling it up across half court like he’s supposed to, throws a lead pass out of bounds rather than slowing it up and running 30 seconds…..

this is AAU basketball’s fault. It’s NOT better ball than high school. They just get all the good players on the same teams while collecting money, and then have them coached by some dork wearing shorts and old running sneakers….they just run up and down. No “situations” coaching. QC wouldn’t have even gotten talked to after that turnover in an AAU game.

That’s my take and I’m sticking to it.
I hate it so much. Glorified pickup ball. I think it makes scouting players for your system impossible. Who knows how their “greatness” translates to structure.

Tough to be a smaller guard in the NBA in the 2020’s if you can’t shoot from outside.

Judah’s solid FT % suggests he’ll improve as an outside shooter, but it would seem he’ll need another year in college at least based on his complete lack of perimeter game so far and slight build.
I guess he can come out if he wants to be a second round pick and play for Rio Grande Vipers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom