Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

i wonder what hamilton's excuse this year is?

i guess in this era sustained success is difficult...get good players and they leave early.
FSU got impacted by the Covid year.
From 26-5 to terrible.

-given how JB has dealt with Bell all year I have no idea why he stuck with him for 34 minutes tonight. He had so many wide-open looks that he missed that it really helped keep Florida State in the game. I thought he would get pulled for giving the ball to Mounir with two seconds on the shot clock. Meanwhile Taylor was coming off of a good game where he shot the ball well and he barely got off the bench. Mystifying.
Then you haven't been paying attention for 40 years. Coach doesn't bench shooters for missing shots. They were good looks and he's shown he usually makes them. He also rewards hustle and rebounding. Chris showed great hustle (a few altered layups on hustle plays, etc) and better rebounding tonight. He rewards that behavior.

Sometimes good shots just don't fall.

We could go into the ACCT a top 4 seed with double bye and still not even close to the NCAAT
Actually, getting a double bye might be a negative for sneaking into the tourney. They need opportunities for Quad I & II wins. Anyway, it's still just a mirage right now.

What did he do tonight that was brilliant?
I thought his use of the press, slight adjustment to collapse the zone while suttle were really great coaching moves. I also liked pulling Judah again. Even though Sy didn't play well the time off the court led to Judah winning the game.
Im tough on Jim but tonight he coached a team that was off to a road win. I also thought he handled himself well during the press conference. I especially liked how he shed some light on coaching Judah.

Actually, getting a double bye might be a negative for sneaking into the tourney. They need opportunities for Quad I & II wins. Anyway, it's still just a mirage right now.

Conference tournament wins are usually discounted pretty heavily and there’s probably no number of quad 1 or 2 wins that get us in.

It’s autobid or bust

but the path to a top 4 seed means getting a couple Q1 wins before the end of the year, less games (and less chance to run into Virginia) the better

Glad we know your preferences. I can sleep now. go to the nba thread. I don’t care what others want to watch. The nba is very boring to me and i couldn’t tell you who is a good team or not, but if it’s what you or others like have at it. This is the game day thread of SU vs FSU, so I’d love to hear your take on the game

I posted it up above.
I was responding to someone else who was also lamenting the state of the college game with the post that you're being salty about.
It's hard to watch if you don't know any of the players.
There's such a lack of continuity and the skill level is down.
Where is this year's Zion, or Ja Morant?

Nothing personal but that makes zero sense. The shortest avenue to an ACC tourney title and auto bid is the best possible scenario.

Historically, a lot of single bye teams beat double bye teams in these conference tournaments, because the team that played the night before got over their nerves, won a game already, got used to the arena, etc.

Double bye teams often come in and it's like they haven't gotten warmed up yet, and the other team comes out on fire, having won the night before.

Historically, a lot of single bye teams beat double bye teams in these conference tournaments, because the team that played the night before got over their nerves, won a game already, got used to the arena, etc.

Double bye teams often come in and it's like they haven't gotten warmed up yet, and the other team comes out on fire, having won the night before.
For these reasons it might actually be better to not have a double-bye, especially with our depth this year. All depends on the matchups, though...

Nothing personal but that makes zero sense. The shortest avenue to an ACC tourney title and auto bid is the best possible scenario.
Well, I don't think we're winning the tournament. Going 3-1 rather than 2-1 might give a better chance if about 20 other results around the country all break in our favor.

But this year we almost certainly need to win the ACCT to make the tourney. The fewest possible games to play can only help us.

JB's press conference was pretty interesting. He obviously got is wrist slapped for the NIL comments. He also referenced the admins not happy about his coaching comment and said "they might tell me I'm done tomorrow". It's clear someone knocked him down a peg.

imagine if they make the NCAA and make the final four!!

"Everyone loves me!"

1675913346708.png

Yeah I’m not gonna crush Bell just because he missed shots. I thought he had a solid game, the ball just wasn’t going into the basket for him. He’s shown he can hit those looks when he gets them, so I don’t begrudge him for taking them. Shooters shoot.

He missed rather badly. Wide open and not close. Chris is now 33 of 95 from three, (34.7%). Justin Taylor is 24/55 = 43.6%.

I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone right now.

I remember a few times in the Big East that we got a double bye and got bounced in the first game. People are not crazy who have that feeling; it's happened to us before.

I remember a few times in the Big East that we got a double bye and got bounced in the first game. People are not crazy who have that feeling; it's happened to us before.
But the prior times that happened we were already a lock for the tourney and simply playing for seeding. This would be an unusual situation with having a double bye while also off the bubble.

Jim was great. He really is a brilliant coach. It was good to see him do so well tonight. Im happy for him, the team, Admins and his family.
Well done coach.
Love Jimmy. So many say it’s time for him to go and I get it. Even with our regular struggles we have had some great runs. And remember, our talent drop off and regular season drop off started when the NCAA threw the book at us which was a joke. Still baffled he hasn’t gotten his wins back. The Fab Melo (God rest his soul) debacle was minuscule compared to what Kentucky and even Duke did. There was actual proof that Duke was paying players, what happened to them. Why Cuse ever self reported their issues will never register with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom