Postgame Thoughts… VCU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… VCU

Joe and Swider just not in the game, not getting it done. I don't expect this to change. I hope JB changes but that seems even less likely. Damn, this is depressing.

Yikes. But not too unexpected when certain guys left and we found their ‘replacements’. Those guys are just not that good. A lot of people said last spring we were going to suck and they were right.

Watching the last few games though I think the team runs better with Torrence in the game. He should be the point guard. He controls tempo, runs the offense and can handle the ball. He doesn’t need to score. They need a guy to run the team who can facilitate other guys scoring.

I never say this, but the sky is falling on this program. This team had really high expectations. These two performances show absolutely zero adjustments and the worst coaching I have seen from JB ever. Yet he will blame the players and not take accountability. Boy oh boy what the F
The coaching needs improvement but I’m not letting the players off the hook. They came out in the second half soft and no intensity. Coaches can’t go out there and play for them. No one takes leadership out on the court, no one dives on the ground. Lackadaisical defense over and over and boneheaded plays.

I never say this, but the sky is falling on this program. This team had really high expectations. These two performances show absolutely zero adjustments and the worst coaching I have seen from JB ever. Yet he will blame the players and not take accountability. Boy oh boy what the F
High expectations from who? No point guard, no athleticism, no one who can create his own shot, no defense. This team shouldn't have had any expectations.

Wow. This is team is bad. Historically bad. Andy Katz has a lot of company is misjudging this team.
Poor ball handling. Weak rebounding. Zero bench. Lacking in quickness/athleticism which really shows on the defensive end.
If not for Jimmy, who may be the best player on the team, they would not be at all competitive. And they aren't all that competitive.

I like to focus on the positives

1) I was able to play some golf today and shot 75
2) I’m looking forward to making my Cajun Fried Turkey tomorrow
3) Weather looks nice for the next few days where I live
4) My expectations for Syracuse basketball are the lowest they’ve ever been

Wow. This is team is bad. Historically bad. Andy Katz has a lot of company is misjudging this team.
Poor ball handling. Weak rebounding. Zero bench. Lacking in quickness/athleticism which really shows on the defensive end.
If not for Jimmy, who may be the best player on the team, they would not be at all competitive. And they aren't all that competitive.
Without Jimmy tonight we may not break 35

One of the worst defensive teams I've seen in forever. And no one can create their own offense with any level of efficiency and consistency. No athletes, poor rebounding and no ball handling. Basically what everyone was saying when they put this team together. Kind of wondering what the staff thought was going to occur this year.

I’m on my hands and knees begging for Boeheim to leave or get fired after this season, I hope we go negative this year. We might actually
Zero chance of firing.

He’ll leave next year with Buddy.

We are at least guaranteed to not play Uconn right? I couldn't take a pasting against them after what is coming tomorrow. I had Auburn today but I don't mind losing that one if it means we don't play them.

We might be able to beat ASU if that is who we get
How?

This type of season has been trending for a while, we were able to escape it due to coaching and some guys stepping up ie Dolezaj, Hughes etc but looking at this years roster makeup its not hard to see why this team is a dumpster fire.

Our own 1 center cant stay on the court save for one year out of the 9 he's been here

We have Jimmy playing 30+ min which isn't going to work at any Power 5 D1 school much less one in the ACC. You have to have some measure of athleticism and Jimmy and Swider have as much as dudes I see at the fine lot tailgate.

We have probably the worst PG situation I can ever remember at SU and that includes the James Theus era. No idea why this staff thought a combo of Girard and a Symir (a guy who couldnt get minutes on a bad Marquette team) was the answer at PG.

Despite losing a small army to the portal we only brought in a few guys and have multiple wasted scholarships in Ajax and walkons when this team desperately needs talent at every position but Buddy's.

Coach Boehim has earned the right to coach his kids but Wildhack has to let him know this is the end before this program looks like the football team.

We have a disqualifying level of overall team athleticism. I don’t blame the players. Each of them brings useful qualities to a team that is otherwise properly constructed.. problem being they are all being asked to to things they aren’t capable of and thus the product is what you see here

The people that constructed this team have to wear this on their fat mugs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom