Postgame Thoughts… VCU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… VCU

It's time for a change, and I do not relish saying that. We will get sucked into being a bottom tier ACC school if we keep going like we have. We have a legendary coach who has earned every right to stay in his place through what he has done, but this same coach also does not make adjustments and I feel like more often than not we look like this in games (regardless of opponent).

I hope he gets his 1k wins this year with his sons (which would be very cool), and then the Athletic Department and Boeheim come up with a plan that sees him stepping down in the next year or two. Then back up the Brinks truck and go get a household name for the position (I like our coaches, but I think we would need more than a Red or GMac to get this thing back on track).

Last thing I want is an ugly breaking up or anything of that substance for Boeheim and the program. But the writing is on the wall and things are due for a change.

Roast turkey…..smoked ham……gravy…..mashed…..stuffing…..I can’t wait for the feast. Folks this game stunk but keep it all in perspective….family, friends, great food and drink…..that is my sole focus. God bless each and every one of you!

If Boeheim really believed this was a good team with a potent offense ... it might be time to consider a career change. From someone who knows the game there has to be a sense of reality. I'm just dismayed how fundamentally bad this squad is in so many aspects. And to those who said you can't judge a team from their exhibition games against division 2 squads ... boy were you guys right.
JB hasn’t read his team correctly in the preseason in a long time.

It’s also not the greatest sign that the last two teams have blown us out in the 2nd half .. no doubt after making halftime adjustments .. and we have no where to go to counter their counters

This might be the worst team in school history. I wonder if we could win eight games this year. Might lose all games to Pittsburgh and BC.
The pressers will be exciting at least. How many ppl can you throw under a bus until you get to the end?

Gutierrez is the most excited person to be off the cuse beat.

Roast turkey…..smoked ham……gravy…..mashed…..stuffing…..I can’t wait for the feast. Folks this game stunk but keep it all in perspective….family, friends, great food and drink…..that is my sole focus. God bless each and every one of you!
No doubt about. Happy holidays to you and yours as well. I can keep that perspective. Now, as it pertains to this game… that’s different.

Going out on a losing season, which I truly believe is likely, seems like a horrible way to end a HOF career. But that's what happens when the AD lets the coach call the shots.

He can go out with both kids (and likely win a few ACC games down the stretch.)

Or bring Buddy back for his 5th year to play with a bunch of 3 stars and what's left of this team. Which is what is most likely to happen you can't move on from JB if Buddy is still here.

I'm not sure who we can get if we move on. Its not like JB won't be living a couple miles away and looming over the program. I don't think it needs to be someone young just a guy that can get a bunch of transfers in who play D and recruit.

I hope we don’t see Auburn in the bracket. Could get real ugly.

Good point. I love this time of year so if we're going to stink, at least we have this going for us.

I like to focus on the positives

1) I was able to play some golf today and shot 75
2) I’m looking forward to making my Cajun Fried Turkey tomorrow
3) Weather looks nice for the next few days where I live
4) My expectations for Syracuse basketball are the lowest they’ve ever been
Always fun to get 9 holes in.

He can go out with both kids (and likely win a few ACC games down the stretch.)

Or bring Buddy back for his 5th year to play with a bunch of 3 stars and what's left of this team. Which is what is most likely to happen you can't move on from JB if Buddy is still here.

I'm not sure who we can get if we move on. Its not like JB won't be living a couple miles away and looming over the program. I don't think it needs to be someone young just a guy that can get a bunch of transfers in who play D and recruit.
Exactly what I said would happen to the program years ago.

Maybe you’ll be lucky and there will be a student reporter there that JB can emasculate for fun.
At least that would show some enthusiasm.

Tough to watch, reminded me of Houston game, fast, athletic when they did miss, we seemed to wait for them to guard us, no attempt for tempo. I will be an optimist; it would help if Swider could start hitting shots and Anselam is where Edwards was last year, things will be better if Sid can return. Its over! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy some food and family and let's get a win tomorrow. It's an older team, but they still have not played a lot together.

I am very surprised at how bad we are, defensively and offensively. We struggle bringing it up. We don't handle pressure. Passing is tentative. We struggle to get open looks, and can't create offense off the bounce. Our defensive rotations are miles behind, and we're not athletic enough - especially with the refs blowing the whistle on Edwards every two seconds - to hit the offensive glass. Tough enough losing to the likes of Colgate and VCU .. expect more humiliation in the ACC. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom