Postgame Thoughts... Duke | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke

Yup. I said it last week and I’ll say it again: most coaches desperately try to limit all distractions for their team. JB seems to relish in creating distractions. It’s exhausting and counter-productive.
I don’t get it. Why comment on Frank at all? Supposedly he was out the rest of the year due to COVID. Now he’s not ready?

I don’t get it. Why comment on Frank at all? Supposedly he was out the rest of the year due to COVID. Now he’s not ready?
Not everyone is Belichick, but sometimes the best approach for a post game PC is to keep blandly repeating “tonight’s effort wasn’t good enough, we all have to be better”. JB loves the spotlight, and it’s getting tiresome.

Not everyone is Belichick, but sometimes the best approach for a post game PC is to keep blandly repeating “tonight’s effort wasn’t good enough, we all have to be better”. JB loves the spotlight, and it’s getting tiresome.
Belichick would say we got outplayed, outcoached and praise the opponent.
He wouldn’t say ANYTHING negative about his team. Then he would have clips for film the next day and destroy them but publicly say nothing.

Media people gotta love this though...seriously JB is the gift that keeps giving with all these takes. Its crazy he doesn't know how to handle this by now with all his experience. He's talked about more on a national stage because of the things that come out of his mouth then his actual team and his coaching.

you are talking 30 yrs ago Alan griffin?
23 or 24 years ago. But the point is that he is willing to do it. Let's face it, it really shouldn't and really doesn't come up all that often that a kid that is good enough to start one year isn't good enough to even play the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom