Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown

Only weak spot was 3pt shooting.
Judah had a double-double with 10 assists against 2 TO's.
Jesse was simply a monster.

Boeheim haters are talking among themselves.
That’s cute.
Georgetown is now 5-6. With losses to LMU, American, and Northeastern.

Nothing that was said about Boeheim is no longer true now that we beat a bad, bad Georgetown team. It was very nice to win this, because we‘ve been humiliated by bad Georgetown teams. So, yeah, feel good. But, recognize the context before puffing out your chest and ignoring everything else.

I like your comment on team passing. Only 7 TO's today. The movement and passing led to an interior layup jam drill.

Georgetown never solved the 2-3, either.
Turnovers have not been a problem this year, or really recent years. At least not the numbers, they’ve come at bad times sometimes, but we used to turn the ball over 25-20 times a game.

We’re 6-4 with losses to Colgate and Bryant at home.

Most of the criticism this year has been objective.

Some isn’t.
Yeah, everyone was selling their season tickets if Boeheim doesn't go, stat. I don't call that objective. Beyond Jesse, and JG you had high school kids, who never played together at any level, learning the college game, and the system in those first ten games. But the "fans" blasted Boeheim hysterically. That's objective? Guess what. This is going to be a rocky season.

I just cannot express how good it feels, after years of slower, spot up shooting, back down defenders style from the Orange back court, to have Judah Mintz. Bro just has the ball on a string, is lightning quick & can get up… he genuinely has one of the best behind the back dribbles in the country to my eye, it creates misdirection & separation in a really unique way, while also relieving full court pressure.

He had one play today (I make go back & record it & share the clip here) where he dribbled into the lane, went through the leg right to left, than instantly went back through the same leg… he ended up getting fouled I believe after? It was so quick though it was easy to miss. I was just basking in it…

Now we just need Benny to finish ONE one of those alley oops in traffic/through contact & blow the roof off the Dome

Last edited:
For the same reason that Copeland and Carey aren't playing. We had a 9 man rotation today. Most teams aren't going deeper than that. We played a three man rotation in the backcourt, two guys in the middle, two guys at the 3, and two at the 4. Maliq looked good in his last outing against the scrubs, and I like his potential a whole lot, but right now the coaches feel...based upon practice as well as game performance...that he has guys ahead of him. His time will come.
I would like to see him get a little more run. He’s too good a player for us to lose. I would like to see Jim find a few minutes for him especially over the next bunch of “easier” games.

If Benny is going to play after a slam then JB and the staff need to figure out a play or two they can run to get him a dunk or something. It was like night and day.

Yeah, everyone was selling their season tickets if Boeheim doesn't go, stat. I don't call that objective. Beyond Jesse, and JG you had high school kids, who never played together at any level, learning the college game, and the system in those first ten games. But the "fans" blasted Boeheim hysterically. That's objective? Guess what. This is going to be a rocky season.
“Everyone”

It’s considerably more “objective” to look at the program’s trajectory over the past ten years than to judge it on one game over a sub .500 opponent.

It’s still time for JB to retire.

Easily the best game of the year to watch, to this point.

Edwards and Mintz were awesome.

After a horrible start, JBA helped get us going, as did Torrence.

Girard got red hot at the end of the first half.

Benny had a very good second half - never seen him cut and dunk like that. Hopefully now that he’s got the feel of that, he keeps doing it.

Hima gave key minutes in the first half when Jesse had two fouls.
I think the team had its best +/- when Jesse went to the bench - great to see.

Gotta give JB and staff credit. This team keeps getting better. Playing with a purpose getting Jesse touches and playing off him. Good job by JB to sit Mintz when he forgets to involve his teammates. A lot of positives with all nine guys who played. JBA turned the game around when he entered the last two games. He brings energy and gets the ball to Jesse. He gets everyone to look for each other.

One of the reasons this game was so much fun to watch was the SU fast break was back - we've seen so little of it over the last X years. And it wasn't just Judah, lots of the guys got in the fun of it today.

I like your comment on team passing. Only 7 TO's today. The movement and passing led to an interior layup jam drill.

Georgetown never solved the 2-3, either.
Actually, they had it solved in the beginning of the game and tore it apart. When Ajak, Symir and JT came in, the zone got better. In addition, the way that Jesse and Big H played closed down the middle and outside corners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom