Postgame Thoughts... GTech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... GTech

They didn't need 3's when ahead. Gave up 26 assists ugh. Press led to 4-5 though. Can't press that team.

Last edited:
My grades
AG- A-
Edwards B+
RB- B
QQ- C+
JG- C
AKOK- D
KR- D
BB- F
MD-F
Coaching- E

How do Buddy and Alan end up with the same amount minutes after how Alan played.
Joe and Kadary both at 26 minutes.
Buddy played the most minutes by any guard by SEVEN minutes.

This chit is a joke.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% certain it would happen, but pretty sure if Buddy fouled out with over 10 minutes left in a game we would see JB remove one of his shoes and place it up against his ear.

He would then pretend he was having a phone call, and announce he just found out the team had a COVID alert, and walk off the court.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% certain it would happen, but pretty sure if Buddy fouled out with over 10 minutes left in a game we would see JB remove one of his shoes and place it up against his ear.

He would then pretend he was having a phone call, and announce he just found out the team had a COVID alert, and walk off the court.

1614455858560.png

How do Buddy and Alan end up with the same amount minutes after how Alan played.
Joe and Kadary both at 26 minutes.
Buddy played the most minutes by any guard by SEVEN minutes.

This chit is a joke.
AG after a 20 point 1st half, does not start the 2nd half and then JB moves Buddy up front and plays 3 guards? Wonder if that messed with his head and made him passive in the 2nd half?

We gave up 15 assists in the second half and there still was 5 minutes left in the game. Only one basket wasn't assisted at that point.

AG after a 20 point 1st half, does not start the 2nd half and then JB moves Buddy up front and plays 3 guards? Wonder if that messed with his head and made him passive in the 2nd half?
I assumed AG was hirt?

If you listen to Devos podcast, the issue is obvious. The kids are SOFT, he has said it about 20 times without actually saying it. It's time for Boeheim to go (first time I'm saying it). Not because he can't coach or is washed up. The reasons are two pivotal shifts in the game in the past few years. One, the emphasis of the 3 ball is making it so the zone can't cover enough ground, unless we get players with 12 ft wingspans. Two, kids think they are above being coached hard. They are far too entitled. Imagine Boeheim yelling at these kids the way he used to yell at Kueth Duany, he would probably be sued.
Kids are soft everywhere, not a reason. That’s a issue with society not just Syracuse basketball.

AG didn’t seem to get the ball enough the second half. JG had a good stretch but was just as bad as ever the rest of the time.
Kadary needs to play, his defense is too important, he seemed to play off the ball a lot today, not a good game plan.
Kadary did not have a good game today. Missed a ton of layups and was too loose with the basketball.

Question I asked in the game thread that has me puzzled. Why are there never any replays on the ACC channel on close plays? Last one I would have loved to see was the foul call on Ajak on the long pass along the sideline.
An easy response would be because a replay would be in SU's favor. The 3 they did show were the goaltending non-call, Griffs block on a drive and then his touching the back of another player on a scoop shot.

Im pretty sure those figures prove that we are, in fact, right at their level.
I wish we didn’t leave the Big East, this “money” has done zero to improve Football or Basketball when it comes to on field/court product. I’d rather crush bad teams and have a chance at the end of the year, play our old rivals and have games that have emotion in them.
I’m over the ACC, I’m over getting our teeth kicked in in not only one sport, but two sports now and I’m over pretending playing Duke means anything other than it’s our Super Bowl. We don’t play down to other teams levels, we are that level and when we play a good team well we’re essentially lucky.

Kids are soft everywhere, not a reason. That’s a issue with society not just Syracuse basketball.
Doesn't seem to effect UVA, FSU, Louisville, VATech.
Maybe their coaches know something.

Doesn't seem to effect UVA, FSU, Louisville, VATech.
Maybe their coaches know something.
It’s the type of players JB recruits. Very seldom do you see a Paul Harris type kid. Tough hard nosed kids don’t want to sit in a zone.

he started the second half. Then asked to come out as he had an urgent bathroom issue.

I wish we didn’t leave the Big East, this “money” has done zero to improve Football or Basketball when it comes to on field/court product. I’d rather crush bad teams and have a chance at the end of the year, play our old rivals and have games that have emotion in them.
I’m over the ACC, I’m over getting our teeth kicked in in not only one sport, but two sports now and I’m over pretending playing Duke means anything other than it’s our Super Bowl. We don’t play down to other teams levels, we are that level and when we play a good team well we’re essentially lucky.
I think we all wish we had the old BE back, but that wasn't a real option. Can we all please move on from that topic?

14 assists for their forward centers, 2 for ours. I wonder how that compares in all our losses this year. Probably about a 4:1 ratio. Wouldn't mind a 2:1 since we play so much one on one.

Wouldn't mind seeing Braswell backing up buddy at SG for 7 minutes on Griff's side instead of Girard. Griff the better rebounder, can play a step further back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom