Postgame Thoughts... GTech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... GTech

Here's my take:

Kadary had a bad game finishing. I've said this. He needs to watch hours and hours of tape of Kawhi. Besides that, we still need him starting. It makes the offense run somewhat sensibly and the defense better.

The guards, overall, had a bad game. JG had some nice moments though. Would like to get him in a groove to run at SG with Kadary. Buddy will get to do what he wants b/c he's JB's kid.

JB clearly lied or doesn't know what he's doing b/c Jesse played and the world didn't end.

Marek can only get beat up for so long before he's just toasted. He's an undersized 4 playing the 5.

AG is still in his own world. Sometimes he hits shots, sometimes it will go off the rails.

But all of that is secondary to JB. We continuously wait to be down to put in Kadary. Marek had to get in foul trouble for Jesse to play. His hand is forced to put in these other guys.

You can tell me like 7 guys may leave after this year and I'd believe you.

Edwards wasn’t Olajuwon, but imagine if he had been getting 7-10 minutes a game all season?

Nahhhhhhh.

He's weak af, but just his length had such an impact on GT being able to slip through all those passes in the interior. They also had some trouble at times with his height - if the kid had better hands he would have had a nice rebounding game.

He loses a lot of easy boards still. Still, even without it being a "stat" the number of times they got shut off from making those passes in the lane does make a difference.

7-10 in certain match-ups wouldn't seem unreasonable.

Question I asked in the game thread that has me puzzled. Why are there never any replays on the ACC channel on close plays? Last one I would have loved to see was the foul call on Ajak on the long pass along the sideline.
If it was earlier in the game I’m sure they would’ve. At that point it was over.

Time to retire. I would love it if one of the press conference reports would ask the questions. Of course that would probably make him stay until he is 90 just to spite the questions.

Last year when the team wasn’t good I at least enjoyed watching them because they had shown flashes. Buddy took a good step forward in his sophomore year. Guerrier and Girard were solid contributors as Freshman. Sidibe played like a stud the last few weeks of the season. I felt optimism about the coming year or two.

But I don’t have that feeling this year. There’s not really much to be excited about this team. I don’t see how they are really any better next year barring something unforeseen (big-name transfer comes, someone makes a huge unexpected leap, etc.).

If it was earlier in the game I’m sure they would’ve. At that point it was over.
I could be incorrect but it seemed to me there were many questionable calls in the first few minutes that did also not get replays. Seemed the only replays we got to see was Wright dunks?

Bad rebounding...Kadary couldn’t finish...press was bad...Jesse showed promise...Marek gave us nothing...GT dance team looked good

Here's the thing with Kadary and Marek -

Kadary needs to finish or get the foul call. He just isn't quite there yet. I think we'll see a game before the EOY where he lands those shots, but next year it will be really devestating bc I think he'll also know how to get the foul called. Good to see him attacking the rim though. Earlier in the year he was hesitant to do so.

I'm not going to complain about Marek. You can only throw a middleweight out to fight a heavyweight so many times before he can't fight anymore. Honestly, what's he supposed to do? People keep saying he's an undersized 5. The dude is an undersized 4.

“GT? At least we didn’t lose to Georgetown.” - Shrmdougluvr Jr.

We’re a year into COVID and I just watched an hour of two men, who make over $5 m per combined, and work for “institutions of higher learning,” who still don’t know how to wear a goddamn mask.

Another question from watching this game. When a player taps a rebound out to another player, who gets the rebound? I would bet Wright tapped at least 6 or 8 balls back out, never grabbing the rebound.

If you listen to Devos podcast, the issue is obvious. The kids are SOFT, he has said it about 20 times without actually saying it. It's time for Boeheim to go (first time I'm saying it). Not because he can't coach or is washed up. The reasons are two pivotal shifts in the game in the past few years. One, the emphasis of the 3 ball is making it so the zone can't cover enough ground, unless we get players with 12 ft wingspans. Two, kids think they are above being coached hard. They are far too entitled. Imagine Boeheim yelling at these kids the way he used to yell at Kueth Duany, he would probably be sued.

Little visual representation of how I'm feeling:

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.12.59 PM.png

Another question from watching this game. When a player taps a rebound out to another player, who gets the rebound? I would bet Wright tapped at least 6 or 8 balls back out, never grabbing the rebound.

I know in the NBA they give it to the guy that tapped it

The Tyson Chandler rule

Our centers cant match theirs offensively and Alvarez has 2 extra years on kadary. A tough fought fair loss. We run with dolez Griff guerrier we go down by 20 plus and never get within a dozen. Best loss of the year.

Dole and Ajax got to practice both the 4-5 rest of the year. Try to win with tall defense some. Tech was near 50% from the field, and passing rim protection was the reason.

can't make lay-ups
I do not watch enough basketball to make a general statement but is it unique for Syracuse to miss so many lay ups or do all teams do it? I realize when the ball is rolling around the rim it is 50 - 50 which way it will follow but it seems like it falls out for us about 75% of the time!

I know in the NBA they give it to the guy that tapped it

The Tyson Chandler rule
......and that would explain the high number of rebounds for Wright today!

Do you ever read other posters and think 'W T F is this guy talking about?'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom