Postgame Thoughts... GTech | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... GTech

Loose enough to have 6 assists. Not as s e xy as a whopping 10 points , but as bad as he was he was still overall the best guard of the floor.
Wow,you said something I agree with. His handle and ability to get into the lane and his vision and feel on those pretty assists....the only reason to watch anymore. This was an overall bad game for him but he still dropped my jaw on a number of plays.

SU gets few assists because there’s no ball movement. We seldom score off a pass. Everything is iso ball. After 20 games it’s still hard to figure how this team tries to score.

we’re 7th in the ACC in assists per game. Not great but not bad.

He’s completely full of it.

Unless the HOFer truly expected his oftinjured center to stay healthy and play 30 minutes a game.

Then he’s delusional.

He’s so exhausting.
But, he was always going to use Marek as his backup center.

I just want to give a shout-out for the Ghost Highlight of the Day:

Syracuse on an 8-0 run after going down 29-16.

JB, being a huge fan of liberal substitution patterns, notices this, realizes fun is being had, and summons for his son! (I assume so he may partake in the fun as well)

Syracuse scores again as Buddy waits to check in! 11-0 run!

Josh Pastner, also a fan of fun, notices Buddy not having fun on the sideline, and calls a timeout so he may enter the game and have some fun as well.

And then.....well, we did outscore them 10-5 the rest of the way as JG and QG got hot, Jesse blocked a couple shots, but still, less fun was had. :(

Notably, if I'm not mistaken, the only person to miss a shot after it was 29-16, and we started our 11-0 run was.....Buddy!

Twice.

But, he was always going to use Marek as his backup center.
I get it. And then Sidibe got hurt, which was predictable as snow in January.

The idea that there was any reality where Sidibe and Marek could play every possible minute at center — in a year with COVID no less — is preposterous. He just says things, and increasingly most of it is nonsense.

Time to replace basketball with pickle ball time for Jimmy to go to Florida and get in the waiting room

Frank and Ajak? Sure. But Edwards? He absolutely should have been someone you planned to play.
No, no, no. The kid who played in 21 games last year, including 4 double-digit minute outings against ACC teams, could not have possibly played. Not a minute. Especially because he’s behind “Iron Man” Sidibe, who is practically the Cal Ripken of SU centers.

as i stated in another thread JB will somehow use this loss to spin the theory that rotation is fools play.

No, no, no. The kid who played in 21 games last year, including 4 double-digit minute outings against ACC teams, could not have possibly played. Not a minute. Especially because he’s behind “Iron Man” Sidibe, who is practically the Cal Ripken of SU centers.
It don't make no sense.

How do Buddy and Alan end up with the same amount minutes after how Alan played.
Joe and Kadary both at 26 minutes.
Buddy played the most minutes by any guard by SEVEN minutes.

This chit is a joke.

It was very evident after Buddy's first two "head down, backdown, turnaround" attempts against Alvarado that he was going to be completely shut out of that mode of scoring today. Also, like the Duke game, he scored a bunch of meaningless points over the last few minutes (6 points in the last 3 minutes today, 8 points in the last 2:25 against Duke in the previous game).

59 points on Dunks/layups/ft's. 24 points that weren't.
We really need to find a way to keep Eddy under the bucket.

Last edited:
It was very evident after Buddy's first two "head down, backdown, turnaround" attempts against Alvarado that he was going to be completely shut out of that mode of scoring today. Also, like the Duke game, he scored a bunch of meaningless points over the last few minutes (6 points in the last 3 minutes today, 8 points in the last 2:25 against Duke in the previous game).
What annoys me is Buddy struggled and we did well with Joe and Kadary and JB go to that in the second half?

No he goes back to Buddy. It causes a decent player who should be a role player to get treated like he is a superstar.

Also we only offered one guard in the class of 2021. What the heck is JB doing.
Buddy, Joe, Kadary we could use another guard for depth.

START Kadary.
It takes too long for our best guard to get into the game.

The HC is why I am not confident things will get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom