Postgame Thoughts... GTech | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... GTech

Down 9 when When Joe was taken out at the beginning of the game, lost by 7.
Not all on Joe as he had good moments, but the deficit at the beginning of the game is killing us over and over.

We've had "designated starters" in the past who have almost guaranteed that we would be facing a deficit at the 4 minute timeout.

I'm so sick of this. Start the best guys. Use more of the bench, in a more predictable rotation. Communicate better with the players about their roles without the sarcasm and put-downs in the press.

That's a flat out silly thing to say.
i think its very revealing.

theres plans in place that span years and determine what happen in games...and playing time and substitution patterns dont seem to always align with performance.

which I think can help explain why everything seems so willy nilly out there.

This team is broken.

I think maybe all the negative commentary has gotten to them. that and the poor results.

the spirit has left the body.

We've had "designated starters" in the past who have almost guaranteed that we would be facing a deficit at the 4 minute timeout.

I'm so sick of this. Start the best guys. Use more of the bench, in a more predictable rotation. Communicate better with the players about their roles without the sarcasm and put-downs in the press.
We have but not as glaring as this.

How do Buddy and Alan end up with the same amount minutes after how Alan played.
Joe and Kadary both at 26 minutes.
Buddy played the most minutes by any guard by SEVEN minutes.

This chit is a joke.

AG had like 20 pts in 16 minutes... then our coach essentially put Gary Payton on him
And froze him out .. by the time the gloves came off .. he had cooled down

It’s not just the start of the game .. it’s the start of the second halves too where points are spotted

What annoys me is Buddy struggled and we did well with Joe and Kadary and JB go to that in the second half?

No he goes back to Buddy. It causes a decent player who should be a role player to get treated like he is a superstar.

Also we only offered one guard in the class of 2021. What the heck is JB doing.
Buddy, Joe, Kadary we could use another guard for depth.

START Kadary.
It takes too long for our best guard to get into the game.

The HC is why I am not confident things will get better.
I am curious to see what kind of start we can get off to if Buddy and Kadary begin the game up top.

It's a small dream.

Wow. This is not a good thing to verbalize. How could this be good for team morale? "Hey, we recruited 3 centers just to take up roster spots with no intention of actually playing them." It's basically saying that you don't think any of them are good enough to improve over the course of the year and earn a place in the rotation.

Honestly if I were Frank and heard that he wasn't in the plans to play this year after being ASKED TO RECLASSIFY, I would be crazy angry right now.

Wow. This is not a good thing to verbalize. How could this be good for team morale? "Hey, we recruited 3 centers just to take up roster spots with no intention of actually playing them." It's basically saying that you don't think any of them are good enough to improve over the course of the year and earn a place in the rotation.

Honestly if I were Frank and heard that he wasn't in the plans to play this year after being ASKED TO RECLASSIFY, I would be crazy angry right now.
Yeah, that is not encouraging to hear. So, his plan entering the year was to play Sidibe and Marek at the 5? His stubbornness costs this team a ton the past few years.

Did you see where JB said that Frank should still be in highschool?

I am curious to see what kind of start we can get off to if Buddy and Kadary begin the game up top.

It's a small dream.
Bigger dream..

I would love to see some Griffin and Kadary with time together up top! It was weird seeing Kadary drop down to the 3 with Buddy and Griffin at the top. I think a real interesting lineup would've been those two up top, Q, MD and Edwards at the 5.

Bigger dream..

I would love to see some Griffin and Kadary with time together up top! It was weird seeing Kadary drop down to the 3 with Buddy and Griffin at the top. I think a real interesting lineup would've been those two up top, Q, MD and Edwards at the 5.

Braswell if he can stay in front of his man. Wingspan. Half-court press for 10 mpg with that. Girard shouldn't be backing Buddy up. We have the heads. Heck have Brass run the screen and roll to give Kadarys a mismatch. Brass can Pop the long 3 off a screen, Dolez cant. Griffin is a Hughes type and a better rebounder than brass. I don't like it, but we might be able to get away with no point for 2-3 minutes with Buddy/Dolez/Griffin to rest Kadary.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom