Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and...

Missed seeing a couple of games but this one is the best one that I have seen from start to finish.

Mintz had a great day.
Starling looked really good,
Copeland was great on Defense and showed on offense.
Malik played good.
Even Benny I thought did well. He did not launch any wild shots, played somewhat good D, went for board instead of standing still. Did not get many but showed effort.
And H-I-M-A, way to come in and play.

The team showed really good hustle on D the whole game.

What a fun second half and win.
– Wearing those sweet jerseys and taking over the building and seeing our guys play well like that in the second half and pick each other up and smiling was why we are fans
-obviously that was the best we have seen from JJ particularly after some horrific showings. If he can shoot like that as he did in high school, we are a different team.
-also the Quadir we saw in the second half was the best we have seen for Syracuse. He was under control and took care of the ball and went to the hoop. His on the ball defense in the first half was dreadful, and he cleaned that up.
-Judah was the best player on the court but his first half saw a regression with respect to shot selection and selfishness. Also wasn’t a good look when he went to pad his stats in the final minute instead of dribbling out the clock. And he continues to attend the Marek Dolejaz school of stupid fouls But you know he is a great player when you have anything to complain about after a 25 point outing.
-Credit Hima for staying ready and seizing the moment when given the opportunity.
-I thought Red had a much better second half after a poor first half in which we looked undisciplined and did not play like a team. Whatever adjustments he made in the locker room worked, Will be interesting to see what he says in his presser.
-I also could not understand why Red stayed so long with Benny in the second half. He gave nothing except forced shots and lackadaisical defense. Went after rebounds with one hand. Can’t help but wonder how much longer he stays on the roster. He looks like he has mentally checked out.
-but today is not a day to focus on the negative. Georgetown may not be very good but today was a nice win and beating them will never be taken for granted by any long-time fan.

I think Red may have unlocked something here. Need to see a ton more of Q and Hima
Hima looked pretty injured when he got on the floor in Hawaii but was effective today. Need to go to him with a quick hook on McLeod when he’s off.

Salute to JJ for hitting some big shots and creating that offensive rebound opportunity for the Cope A Dope putback dagger.

The squad looked anemic last Saturday, but much better today, salute to Red for increased levels of HIMAglobin.

They were 5-26 from 3. Epps and Massoud were 2-15. If we played zone full time I doubt that’s the case. I thought Taylor did a great job on Massoud and we did a good job overall of trying to run Epps off the line.
definitely think the poor 3 shooting by gtown was a result of the good pressure defense

similar to what uva did to SU...get the oppnent rattled and they start missing more often

Q and Maliq's outrageous putback dunks aside, I've thought it before but I'll say it again. Judah's body control is extra special. He is so shifty in the paint and always gets away from the defense and he's usually at a height disadvantage when he's doing it!

Then, there's the finishing. Always finds a way or back to the free throw line he goes. Will never forget that he was a magic show at SU. Add disruptive on ball defense just for gravy.

David Johnson?

Ill Allow It GIF

Scoring 80 as a team with Bell and Taylor only managing a combined 8 is huge for this team.

If they can manage a win against Oregon I'd call this a close to best case scenario for the OOC schedule
And we kept scoring with Judah out of the game deeper into the second half. #GoodSigns

I don’t think Georgetown is an offensively-oriented team, but I’ve been pretty impressed with our M2M these last 3-4 games.

The D played better in large stretches..
a few issues to fix for sure

We still dont go after enough rebounds on offense.. and look what happened when we did

We still need to be better on the hedge.. We stepped out better to slow the dribbler down but the backside guy needs to collapse down on the trail guy not follow the dribbler

We let guys get to the basket and again the backside guy didnt take away the passing angle.. That was half the gtown offense the 2nd half

I dont know that we can do much more of the defensive boards but apply effort.. We are not really that big bodied and slow off the floor. that led to again the rest of the gtown offense in the 2nd half when we forced tough shots but let them get rebound points

good news is we are actually in better spots for rebounds today we just let the 1 guy beat our 3 too often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom