Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and...

Congratulations to you and your family. My youngest was born the day we played Hawaii in the 1st round of the NCAAs in 94 and we watched the game from the birthing room. I thank her all the time for coming out before the tipoff.
My daughter born morning after 34,616. Tried to come a day earlier but we had Nova matchup at the Dome

Who was it who has been slamming Hima? He has talent. Seems like maybe he's healthy again.
A couple of posters were. I was wondering why he wasn't playing. McLeod is just too slow to the ball. Hima played well today.

I'm soo jacked up right now!! Haven't felt like this in a while, and of course the opponent makes it that much better. Sooo happy for JJ, Hima and Cope! Where will the Cope follow, land on SC top 10?? Can't believe I have to go to Home Depot right now, people are going to think I'm on crazy pills
Felt that "Syracuse" feeling for the first time in a long time today.
On GTown's floor, taking over the building, loud chants of "Let's Go Orange", some swag from the boyz, & dunks dunks dunks.
Loved every second of it- can't wait for more.

He follows the ball unlike McLeod who stands and watches and is slower
It is not that Macloed is that much slower afoot, he often fails to move his feet at all. Whether this is reaction time or just not recognising where he needs to go and do, I do not know. He needs to move his feet though or he will always be out of position to make plays.

I’m 70 years old and Georgetown will ALLWAYS be our arch rival!
Kicking their ass NEVER gets old!
Big John Thompson opened up a can of eternal whoopass with the "Manley Field House is officially closed" garbage. They wanted some? Well...they gonna keep getting some, forever more!

Starling’s form looked genuinely better/smoother today, noticeably so. Copeland went full boss mode… when was last time we saw a putback dunk like that?! Feels like it’s been years.
Matthew Moyer/Roberson comes to mind

"Dad, who are these guys again?"
"I'll explain later. Just smile!"

IMG_2704.jpg

I had about 20 less beers today than I did that awesome afternoon in 2003.

The defense really tightened up in the second half, that backdoor action went away. Also fun to watch the doubles and traps at halfcourt, almost like a CYO game. I don't know if there is a stat for poked balls (Chip not that) but we may lead in it.

And there was one bitter Hoya lady next to team Bayside. Foul mouthed and loveless. Judah Mintz had whatever Hoya fans there besides themselves with his getting to the line.

Good to see the reall JJ today. More of that please.

I had about 20 less beers today than I did that awesome afternoon in 2003.

The defense really tightened up in the second half, that backdoor action went away. Also fun to watch the doubles and traps at halfcourt, almost like a CYO game. I don't know if there is a stat for poked balls (Chip not that) but we may lead in it.

And there was one bitter Hoya lady next to team Bayside. Foul mouthed and loveless. Judah Mintz had whatever Hoya fans there besides themselves with his getting to the line.

Good to see the reall JJ today. More of that please.

Saw the gray out shirt next to you, was hoping that wasn't a relative.

Group behind us in the first half was like my group in my 20s/30s. Harmless, but enjoying the day. We were packed in in the first half and it must have been 150 degrees in the upper deck. Moved the corner in the 2nd half, much more comfortable.

Upper deck didn't have ushers and only had 2 concession lines open. They're not accustomed to having fans up there. But along came Syracuse.

Saw the gray out shirt next to you, was hoping that wasn't a relative.

Group behind us in the first half was like my group in my 20s/30s. Harmless, but enjoying the day. We were packed in in the first half and it must have been 150 degrees in the upper deck. Moved the corner in the 2nd half, much more comfortable.

Upper deck didn't have ushers and only had 2 concession lines open. They're not accustomed to having fans up there. But along came Syracuse.

She was awful, foul mouthed and bitter. Even my wife decided to go all nuts for Cuse just to make her more bitter.

The other GTown guys around me were bitter they didn't recruit Mintz. But they were nice.

Hoya cheerleaders tried the Sax Hoya thing with signs and crickets.

She was awful, foul mouthed and bitter. Even my wife decided to go all nuts for Cuse just to make her more bitter.

The other GTown guys around me were bitter they didn't recruit Mintz. But they were nice.

Hoya cheerleaders tried the Sax Hoya thing with signs and crickets.
That woman needed to be reminded that not recruiting Mintz is a heralded Hoya tradition. Funny how 2 guards that the Hoyas thankfully wanted nothing to do with, ended up great players at SU! Sherm and Mintz - love it. I think they missed another great too - Lawrence Moten!

I see a vision in this second half..

Mintz/JJ/Westry/Taylor is going to be a very strong lineup and might have been Red's vision. If JJ can score like he did today then we don't need Bell on the floor and can use Taylor more for his IQ and rebounding to support a 3 guard lineup.

While we don't have a real "offense" if JJ can make plays and score then that lineup is our best lineup.
Not so fast, my friend. We will need Bell on the floor to be successful. His shooting is a damn weapon that you need in today's game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom