Potential 2021 Roster | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2021 Roster

I believe we will see a big improvement on the O-Line this year. I had NO faith in coach Cav at all. Yes we had injuries and depth wasn't there either but other teams had the same scenario and were not at the bottom. I just believe he couldn't coach. This new O-line coach has a long and proven record of consistency and we will see him transplant it here for sure.

Last edited:
Quarterbacks (3 / 2)
13​
Tommy DeVitoQB6'2221R-Sr.
11​
Dillon MarkiewiczQB6'5216R-Fr.
15​
JaCobian MorganQB6'4203R-Fr.
Justin LamsonQB6'3210Fr.Signed NLI / Jan Enrollee
Garrett ShraderQB6'4220R-So.Transfer from Miss St / Jan Enrollee
Running Backs (5 / 1)
23Abdul AdamsRB5'11205G-Sr.
28Jarveon HowardRB5'10214R-Jr
24​
Cooper LutzRB6'0201R-Jr.
34​
Sean TuckerRB5'10202R-Fr.
5​
Chris ElmoreFB6'0288G-Sr.Returning
Josh HoughRB6'2235Fr.Signed NLI
Tight Ends (3 / 1)
87​
Luke BensonTE6'3233R-So.
47​
Maximilian MangTE6'7250R-Fr.
88​
Steven Mahar Jr.TE6'5225R-Fr.
Landon MorrisTE6'5210Fr.Jan Enrollee
Wide Receivers (10 / 3)
3​
Taj HarrisWR6'2164R-Jr.
12​
Russell Thompson-BishopWR6'0234R-Sr.
19​
Sharod JohnsonWR5'11181R-Sr.
14​
Anthony QueeleyWR6'2193R-Jr.
80​
Isaiah JonesWR6'4200R-So.
85​
Courtney JacksonWR5'10173R-So.
29​
Trebor PenaWR6'0185R-Fr.
35​
Damien AlfordWR6'5210R-Fr.
81​
Justin BarronWR6'4208R-Fr.
86​
Ja'Vontae WilliamsWR6'0203R-Fr.
Oronde Gadsden IIWR6'4190Fr.Signed NLI
Umari HatcherWR6'3175Fr.Signed NLI
Kendall LongWR6'3210Fr.Signed NLI
Offensive Line (12 / 7)
68​
Airon ServaisOL6'6309G-Sr.Returning
69​
Patrick DavisOL6'5311G-Sr.??
56​
Darius TisdaleOL6'4342R-Sr.
57​
Dakota DavisOL6'5327R-Sr.
52​
Carlos VettorelloOL6'4289R-Jr.
67​
Chris BleichOL6'6332R-Jr.
70​
Wil FroumyOL6'6307R-Jr.
60​
Matthew BergeronOL6'4312R-So.
72​
Mark PetryOL6'4265R-So.
51​
Anthony RedOL6'5297R-So.
53​
Garth BarclayOL6'7270R-Fr.
55​
Josh IlaoaOL6'3295R-Fr.
Enrique Cruz, JrOL6'5250Fr.Signed NLI
Kalan EllisOL6'5350Fr.Signed NLI
Wes HoehOL6'4250Fr.Signed NLI
Austyn KauhiOL6'5260Fr.Signed NLI
Tyler MagnusonOL6'5260Fr.Signed NLI
Jakob BradfordOL6'4300Jr.JUCO from Iowa CC
Willie TylerOL6'7335Jr.Transfer from Texas
Defensive Line (9 / 4)
0​
McKinley WilliamsDL6'4291G-Sr.Returning
9​
Kingsley JonathanDL6'3264G-Sr.Returning
85​
Josh BlackDL6'3282G-Sr.Returning
97​
Cody RoscoeDL6'0258G-Sr.??
52​
Curtis HarperDL6'2296R-Sr.
93Caleb OkechukwuDL6'4257R-Jr.
61​
Joe RondiDL6'4272R-So.
88​
Drew TuazamaDL6'5244R-So.
12​
Latarie KinslerDL6'3213R-Fr.
Elijah FuentesDL6'3260Fr.Signed NLI
Jatius GeerDL6'5240Fr.Signed NLI
Terry LockettDL6'1255Fr.Signed NLI / Jan Enrollee
Chase SimmonsDL6'4240Fr.Signed NLI
Linebackers (10 / 3)
42​
Tyrell RichardsLB6'4234R-Sr.
13​
Mikel JonesLB6'0230R-So.
21​
Lee KpogbaLB6'0224R-So.
31​
Geoff Cantin-ArkuLB6'4228R-So.
17​
Steve LintonLB6'5224R-So.
90​
Ishmael GoulbourneLB6'3207R-So.
16​
Leon LoweryLB6'4225R-Fr.
24​
Anwar SparrowLB6'0204R-Fr.
27​
Stefon ThompsonLB6'0235R-Fr.
32​
Marlowe WaxLB6'0230R-Fr.
Malik MatthewLB6'3210Fr.Signed NLI
Derek McDonaldLB6'4225Fr.Signed NLI
Austin RoonLB6'3220Fr.Signed NLI
Defensive Backs (9 / 3)
34​
Eric ColeyDB6'2206R-Sr.
10​
Adrian ColeDB5'10171R-So.
14​
Garrett WilliamsDB5'11184R-So.
15​
Neil NunnDB6'0183R-So.
26​
Aman GreenwoodDB5'10180R-So.
11​
Ja'Had CarterDB6'2191R-Fr.
19​
Rob HannaDB6'0168R-Fr.
28​
Ben LabrosseDB6'2200R-Fr.
35​
Chase AtkinsonDB5'11180R-Fr.
Duce ChestnutDB5'11180Fr.Signed NLI / Jan Enrollee
Malcolm FolkDB6'1185Fr.Signed NLI / Jan Enrollee
Jason Simmons, JrDB6'0193So.Transfer from New Mex St
Special Teams (2)
98​
James WilliamsP6'0199R-Fr.
91​
Andre SzmytPK6'0184R-Sr.

Looking at this lineup, this is as deep as we have been on the lines in a very long time. We have 4 legitimate running backs, we have some quality depth at QB, and although we lost a couple guys, we still have quality 2-deep at LB.

My concerns are (1) can anyone emerge from the WR group, ideally 2 or 3 guys who become contributors, and (2) can we take all the losses to the secondary? That group looks a little thin to me.

Otherwise, the pieces are certainly here for a big bounce-back year. New blood on the coaching staff, especially on the offensive line, and the coordinators having a spring to evaluate and teach people new schemes that they struggled with last year. All these things point to potentially a surprisingly good year.

As I said months ago, our over-under should be 4 games. If Dino can't win 4 games with this group, then something is wrong. If we have a dozen or more injuries again before the season even starts, that indicates that something is wrong with either our S&C or our approach to spring ball.

I think the talent is there to win 6-8 games, if a couple guys emerge from the WR and DB groups. With better play calling on offense, using the whole field, having a legitimate run game, and Tommy maybe having better presence in the pocket if he's not getting sacked 5 times a game - all of these things could contribute to quite a good year.

Looking at this lineup, this is as deep as we have been on the lines in a very long time. We have 4 legitimate running backs, we have some quality depth at QB, and although we lost a couple guys, we still have quality 2-deep at LB.

My concerns are (1) can anyone emerge from the WR group, ideally 2 or 3 guys who become contributors, and (2) can we take all the losses to the secondary? That group looks a little thin to me.

Otherwise, the pieces are certainly here for a big bounce-back year. New blood on the coaching staff, especially on the offensive line, and the coordinators having a spring to evaluate and teach people new schemes that they struggled with last year. All these things point to potentially a surprisingly good year.

As I said months ago, our over-under should be 4 games. If Dino can't win 4 games with this group, then something is wrong. If we have a dozen or more injuries again before the season even starts, that indicates that something is wrong with either our S&C or our approach to spring ball.

I think the talent is there to win 6-8 games, if a couple guys emerge from the WR and DB groups. With better play calling on offense, using the whole field, having a legitimate run game, and Tommy maybe having better presence in the pocket if he's not getting sacked 5 times a game - all of these things could contribute to quite a good year.
Yeah, that secondary looks a little thin in both numbers and size. We lost guys with ideal measureables. I'm guessing the weights on that list haven't been updated. Hopefully, some of the young guys that were forced into action last year will add some quality weight.

Last edited:

I think it has to be 6 games. That's the bar.

Agree. Should be able to win at least 6 games with the players and depth we have.

I think it has to be 6 games. That's the bar.

That's the goal, certainly, to make a bowl game. I don't disagree.

But after a year in which we only won 1 game, and the year before that, coming off a 10 win season with a loaded roster and only winning 5 games, I think 4 wins is an important number.

To me, and I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if we win LESS THAN 4 games, Dino is fully on the hot seat, whether or not we can afford his buy out.

But after a year in which we only won 1 game, and the year before that, coming off a 10 win season with a loaded roster and only winning 5 games, I think 4 wins is an important number.

To me, and I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if we win LESS THAN 4 games, Dino is fully on the hot seat, whether or not we can afford his buy out.
Everything you described is actually my justification for why the bar is 6.

The 1 win season, fair or not, acknowledging exceptional circumstances, means 4 wins isn't good enough. Not enough progress.

If we win 4 games that's 6 losing seasons in our last 7, half of them after our one winning season. That would make it hard to sell the program to recruits- and to fans. We've got to get up in the air before we run out of runway.

Everything you described is actually my justification for why the bar is 6.

The 1 win season, fair or not, acknowledging exceptional circumstances, means 4 wins isn't good enough. Not enough progress.

Yes, 4 wins or less is a "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" situation for Dino's tenure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom