Predict - where does Lydon go Thursday | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Predict - where does Lydon go Thursday

Denver has some quality young pieces in Murray, Mudiay, Harris, and Jokic all 22 and under. Jokic is the best player nobody talks about. All star imo. Just needs more minutes.

Add in Barton, Faried, and vets chandler and Danilo (assuming healthy) and that's a nice roster for Lydon to join.

They'll push for a playoff spot.

Denver has some quality young pieces in Murray, Mudiay, Harris, and Jokic all 22 and under. Jokic is the best player nobody talks about. All star imo. Just needs more minutes.

Add in Barton, Faried, and vets chandler and Danilo (assuming healthy) and that's a nice roster for Lydon to join.

They'll push for a playoff spot.

Jokic is an incredible offensive player. The defense can use a little work though.

Per 100 possessions, Jokic averaged 29-17-8 on a 64% true shooting. I love messing around with the basketball-reference season finder, if you lower it to 25-12-5 with 58% true shooting. There have been 27 seasons that meet those criteria in NBA history.

Kareem x3
Freak
Barkley x8
Larry bird twice
Brad Daugherty twice
Blake
Kevin Love
KG twice
Karl Malone x3
Detlef Schrempf
Tom Owens (?)

Pretty good list.

And just for some perspective, on that list, Jokic ranks first in assists, third in true shooting, 4th in rebounding, and 20th in points. So it's not like he's scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Jokic is an incredible offensive player. The defense can use a little work though.

Per 100 possessions, Jokic averaged 29-17-8 on a 64% true shooting. I love messing around with the basketball-reference season finder, if you lower it to 25-12-5 with 58% true shooting. There have been 27 seasons that meet those criteria in NBA history.

Kareem x3
Freak
Barkley x8
Larry bird twice
Brad Daugherty twice
Blake
Kevin Love
KG twice
Karl Malone x3
Detlef Schrempf
Tom Owens (?)

Pretty good list.

And just for some perspective, on that list, Jokic ranks first in assists, third in true shooting, 4th in rebounding, and 20th in points. So it's not like he's scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
Shocked Lebron isn't there. Must be shooting?

Shocked Lebron isn't there. Must be shooting?

Before I look, I'm gonna guess rebounding actually.

looking

he's been over 5 assists per 100 every season of his career, well above, career low 7.8
Points also well above 25, career low 28
He's cleared 58% true shooting 8 times, 8 in the last 9 years, he was 57.7 in 2015
Career high is 11.4 rebounds per 100

Don't worry. Marek will be better!
Quite possible. If the coaches had to bet on it, i bet they would say Yes. If Marek stays two years, Which is unlikely, he will be a lottery pick. Only time will tell.

Ineffective for large stretches too. Man the blinders some people put on...

Ineffective at what? Being the go to scorer?

The rest of his game was pretty much always there. Always hit the boards, battled on D, and didn't do stupid/selfish stuff.

Yeah, the nuggs have a long way to go before they're battling for a playoff spot. The rest of the west got a lot better on draft night, lowly teams like Sac even. The nuggs don't play defense, and I love watching the Joker play, but he plays 0 D. Mudiay better blow the doors off coming out of the gate, because bust is being thrown around by some people in the know ( and that's with Chauncey working with him personally). They shop Faried almost daily, and Will Barton and Gallinari are likely gone. Nuggets front office is a mess as usual. I hope this means Tyler will have a shot to get some minutes if Gallo is gone for sure, and it sounds like it more and more by the day. I heard they're still working on trades, I guess time will tell.

The fun thing about this site is the search feature. You haven't said since day one he would be a first round pick.

Um yes I have, scroll through this site, you will find it, in this thread alone I said he would go 26th, two spots away from where he actually went.

Um yes I have, scroll through this site, you will find it, in this thread alone I said he would go 26th, two spots away from where he actually went.

Okay I'll scroll through...

upload_2017-6-26_16-33-49.png

upload_2017-6-26_16-33-20.png

That was March, right after he announced, we all overreacted to him declaring, look after that, I have said all along he would be a first round pick

I'm not saying you can't change your mind lol. I'm just saying that's why people always call for you because you initially said he wasn't a 1st rounder.

I'm not saying you can't change your mind lol. I'm just saying that's why people always call for you because you initially said he wasn't a 1st rounder.

Ive said 100 times in here he would be, I said it wasn't a lock, and I wouldn't bet the house on it, but he would be, and my final prediction was 26th.

Ive said 100 times in here he would be, I said it wasn't a lock, and I wouldn't bet the house on it, but he would be, and my final prediction was 26th.

I can remember Brian saying these things. But he also said that since that he was not a lock as a first rounder it was a bad / terrible decision that he was making to enter. (totally ignoring the other factors that come into the decision to enter beyond draft position)

...he also said that since that he was not a lock as a first rounder it was a bad / terrible decision that he was making to enter. (totally ignoring the other factors that come into the decision to enter beyond draft position)
Correct. The point was that IF he had a chance to slide to the 2nd round, his decision didn't make sense. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that was his point, as I recall. The crap he has taken here is ridiculous.

If you want to ridicule him, remember he's a Cowboy fan. :D

Correct. The point was that IF he had a chance to slide to the 2nd round, his decision didn't make sense. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that was his point, as I recall. The crap he has taken here is ridiculous.

If you want to ridicule him, remember he's a Cowboy fan. :D
Of course it made sense. He was never going to go higher than if he had left after the FF. Each year in college would lessen his value to the NBA.
People just don't seem to grasp the concept.

This is the way to speak about a drafted player:

"He’s one of the great stories that we’ve had,” said Syracuse assistant coach Adrian Autry. “He’s a guy who came in not really expected to do what he did. His process was really accelerated because of his work ethic and attention to detail and determination to really be good. Then he would get in the game and just do whatever it took to win. He was a joy to work with every day.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom