Preseason Practice... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Has Chance been practicing at all since he was “fully cleared”? Hasn’t seemed to be in any videos lately

He shot about 34% once conference play kicked in. Hopefully he can push that to 37% possibly. He should get better looks on the floor this year.
Definitely hoping there's more ball movement and that results in better shots. JJ also got handed a lot of grenades last year, received the ball with 4 seconds left on the shot clock after no ball movement.

Ugh, really?

I was really hoping that video with him on a bike meant nothing- still hope that’s the case but not a single one of the practice videos since official start of camp has there been action including him. As others have noted just think it’s probably best to expect nothing and be surprised if he is able to contribute.

JJ’s shot looks just as mechanical as last yr. You can see him load it in some of the cusembb videos

Well, that makes the rotation a little clearer. Sucks, but it is what it is. Good thing we got Davis.

It was a logjam before. Competition is still there for minutes even without Chance.

Practice video is certainly deceiving but Cuffe looks primed to fight for minutes. Really curious to see if things might click for him.

Last edited:
It was a logjam before. Competition is still there for minutes even without Chance.

I agree, but he brought playmaking ability from a guy who could play the SF, like Copeland did. Ball handling support, too.

Jyare Davis doesn't seem to have that, but maybe Lucas Taylor does. Both looked more like a scorers than creators to me at their last school, but I could be wrong.

I agree, but he brought playmaking ability from a guy who could play the SF, like Copeland did. Ball handling support, too.

Jyare Davis doesn't seem to have that, but maybe Lucas Taylor does. Both looked more like a scorers than creators to me at their last school, but I could be wrong.

That skillset lacking is a loss for sure. To me it’s gotta be multiple guys who step up their game on that front. Time will tell. Also really sucks for Chance- all the punk kids you see who avoid injury then a kid who works at it and does things the right way can’t catch a break.

That skillset lacking is a loss for sure. To me it’s gotta be multiple guys who step up their game on that front. Time will tell. Also really sucks for Chance- all the punk kids you see who avoid injury then a kid who works at it and does things the right way can’t catch a break.

Well, yeah, we seem to lose that piece but there are candidates to fill in his 20 minutes. We'll see Carlos get more minutes because we'll need the ball handling and shot creating for your teammates.

JJ will get some solo run at PG, but I think it will be less without 2 other guys who can dribble so he doesn't get pressed. I think that creates an opening for Taylor and/or Choppa.

Practice video is certainly deceiving but Cuffe looks primed to fight for minutes. Really curious to see if things might click for him.

Yeah, I hope he looks back to his best this year. He played hard and made very few mistakes when he was out there, but he lacked that explosiveness he had before his injuries. If he can get some of that back, it would help him finish his drives. And that would give him more room for his shot. He kept the ball moving for us last year, and will see time for that skill, if Lucas Taylor or Moore don't shine.

I was really hoping that video with him on a bike meant nothing- still hope that’s the case but not a single one of the practice videos since official start of camp has there been action including him. As others have noted just think it’s probably best to expect nothing and be surprised if he is able to contribute.
I don't recall if it was you who posted about the bike, but I recall the board gaslighting the poster for being concerned about the bike and him not being featured in practice videos. Obviously a legitimate concern given his history. Same with whoever posted about 7'4" injury prone McLeod being in a boot that one day. Really unfortunate as both last year and this year I thought a healthy Chance would get the team across the hump.

I don't recall if it was you who posted about the bike, but I recall the board gaslighting the poster for being concerned about the bike and him not being featured in practice videos. Obviously a legitimate concern given his history. Same with whoever posted about 7'4" injury prone McLeod being in a boot that one day. Really unfortunate as both last year and this year I thought a healthy Chance would get the team across the hump.
It was me who posted about it

It's not "gaslighting" to say you shouldn't draw conclusions based on a single picture.

Yes practicing. Just having some fun.
bb0637c9-a7bb-48e6-8143-370b353b26fc_text.gif

Disappointed to hear Westry still not healthy and not practicing with the team. To be so young and not be able to heal after so long is very concerning. If he doesn't play again this year, it's time to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom