Price | Syracusefan.com

Price

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
This is why I don’t like judging too much from one game whether it’s a good team or essentially an exhibition game. Last week everyone wanted the guy demoted as far down the depth chart as possible. I’ve liked him since he came here from New Mexico State; I really liked his tape and was surprised he didn’t get more reps last year. Keep in mind, i absolutely love LeQuint and think he’s going to be a stud. So I didn’t think he’d supplant LeQuint but with Tucker seemingly hurt at times, figured he’d see some time.

Either way; we have what looks like a solid RB room. We’ll see if Price can consistently play like he did yesterday. But for whatever reason, he showed far more of who he is as a runner yesterday than the week before and what I’d seen on tape that got me excited when he committed here. Which is why I thought it was fair to hold off on passing judgement even despite the weak opponent. The coaching staff has obviously seen the same things because he was the first guy off the bench.

Here’s what I had posted last week when he was getting crushed:

As far as the RB’s. I was underwhelmed by Price compared to what I expected from him and the guys that played after him all did really well. In fairness though; it was one game, the guys who came in after Price and looked good were facing tired and/or backup Colgate players. So while I liked what I saw from them I also know not to place too much value in how a RB looks in the 4th Q against a team we’re beating by 60+. In the same way when I’m watching a player look really good in NFL preseason and still get cut.

So, overall I’d like to see more from all those guys involved before it’s clear Price isn’t a solid depth RB or that one of the other guys can find holes and make solid runs against ACC defenses. None of this includes LQA who I’ve been saying since last year was going to be an absolute stud. Wait till we start throwing to him too.

you cant judge a rb by his yards all the time. I thought he played fine last week there just wasnt any real space to run.

agreed liked his tape a lot too when we got him. There is a role for him this year for sure.

I think him and Daniels are a better fit for this zone blocking scheme. LQA doesn’t have the same one-cut burst.

I’m still not sold on Price but he looked like he had a better burst yesterday

Definitely his best game so far. It was good to see him make some moves, break some tackles, catch some passes. He hadn't shown much to that point, but he also didn't have many chances.

I’m still not sold on Price but he looked like he had a better burst yesterday

For me his lateral movements we didn’t see the previous game. I’ve seen it on tape, so I knew he could move laterally and was agile. Last week he looked really stiff and I felt we were missing a lot that I’ve seen him do. I think in the very least he’ll be a solid #2 especially if he can block consistently.

For me his lateral movements we didn’t see the previous game. I’ve seen it on tape, so I knew he could move laterally and was agile. Last week he looked really stiff and I felt we were missing a lot that I’ve seen him do. I think in the very least he’ll be a solid #2 especially if he can block consistently.
That was what I noticed right away when he came in the game yesterday - immediately picked up a blitz effectively.

He's solid which is fine for a #2. Seems to run with ball a 4 to 5 yardish way and can catch the ball well. On his blocking ability, I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom