PS 5 vs. XBOX Series X | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS 5 vs. XBOX Series X

I refuse to buy Madden until they actually make being an owner an actual fun and in depth experience. It’s why I bought NHL 20 for the detailed Owner mechanics with budgets and scouts and all that. Give me some good mechanics. NFL11-12 had a stadium that gave you dozens of upgrades that you could build that increased revenue and stuff like that. Bring that back

I refuse to buy Madden until they actually make being an owner an actual fun and in depth experience. It’s why I bought NHL 20 for the detailed Owner mechanics with budgets and scouts and all that. Give me some good mechanics. NFL11-12 had a stadium that gave you dozens of upgrades that you could build that increased revenue and stuff like that. Bring that back
I used to play that NFL head coach game back in the day over Madden.

Give me some good mechanics. NFL11-12 had a stadium that gave you dozens of upgrades that you could build that increased revenue and stuff like that. Bring that back

Pretty sure you could do that on like Madden 2005 on PS2. Lol. You can’t even do that now? What the hell they been doing for the last 15 years??

I was considering dipping my toes back in, but if the sports games suck? Nah.

Pretty sure you could do that on like Madden 2005 on PS2. Lol. You can’t even do that now? What the hell they been doing for the last 15 years??

Maddens experience has gotten more and more bare year after year and tons of great features that used to exist have been removed or allowed to get stale. All in favor of ultimate team and other features leading to more money for EA. They have been listed on corrupt business lists for years for their “loot boxes” and bull spit like that.

hopefully next gen brings back some quality to the series and franchise mode gets fixed which will include some of the owner mechanics and an actual set of scouting mechanics.

Owner mechanics have a stadium with like 5 different places like Parking lot, bathrooms, concessions, etc.. that you upgrade from levels 1-5 but most stadiums are at max levels and new stadiums you build start at max level so it’s pointless. You can set concession prices but it’s almost always worth it to go lowest recommended price for most money and you get like 5 jerseys to set prices for and a few shirts and a couple autographed footballs

Maddens experience has gotten more and more bare year after year and tons of great features that used to exist have been removed or allowed to get stale. All in favor of ultimate team and other features leading to more money for EA. They have been listed on corrupt business lists for years for their “loot boxes” and bull spit like that.

hopefully next gen brings back some quality to the series and franchise mode gets fixed which will include some of the owner mechanics and an actual set of scouting mechanics.

Yeah the ultimate team and then the my journey kind of stuff for a lot of the sports games has taken over at the expense of what was the best part of sports games.

Yeah the ultimate team and then the my journey kind of stuff for a lot of the sports games has taken over at the expense of what was the best part of sports games.

I don't dislike the my journey mode when done well. In NBA 2k it's a lot of fun, and far more fun then their MyGM (franchise) mode.

In Madden, Superstar is trash now and much worse than when it first began. Franchise has been stripped of some of it's best assets, and hasn't been updated or upgraded in years.

Ultimate team is the worst addition to sports games ever. People are sinking ungodly amounts of money into their team packs, and EA and 2K laugh all the way to the bank with those poor people's money.

I don't dislike the my journey mode when done well. In NBA 2k it's a lot of fun, and far more fun then their MyGM (franchise) mode.

In Madden, Superstar is trash now and much worse than when it first began. Franchise has been stripped of some of it's best assets, and hasn't been updated or upgraded in years.

Ultimate team is the worst addition to sports games ever. People are sinking ungodly amounts of money into their team packs, and EA and 2K laugh all the way to the bank with those poor people's money.

I just don't care for the controls in NBA2K. My Journey isn't awful and it's better than Fifa but it's also super time consuming. With 2K- the increase in graphics and responsiveness is almost too good because it's very hard to use things like game planning and real time reaction of complex moves with a much smarter AI. Almost like playing for real but with a second to second and a half handicap on top of having to manage more than just yourself. It gets to a point where realism is diminishing the experience from a simulation/strategy/controls standpoint. More from a graphics, presentation, animation standpoint alongside franchise and team management is far more beneficial why keeping the appropriate balance of arcade and realism that aligns with the fact it is someone with a controller not someone physically there. I am sure robust VR will ultimately be here but it's still not taken off to impact sports games so much

PS4’s gonna be available for deep discounts or nah?

Ive got a PS3 that I’ve barely played since like 2011-12. I could get the PS4 and it would probably feel like a huge upgrade?

PS4’s gonna be available for deep discounts or nah?

Ive got a PS3 that I’ve barely played since like 2011-12. I could get the PS4 and it would probably feel like a huge upgrade?

Definitely. I kept my PS3 because of college hoops games.

Definitely. I kept my PS3 because of college hoops games.

What years are the good college hoop games for PS3? I don’t have any. I think NCAA 2004 for PS2 with Melo on the cover was the last college hoop game I had. Might look into buying some on eBay.

Occasionally - like twice a year- I’ll get on a kick for a couple days in a row and I’ll play Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 2010(I think).

What years are the good college hoop games for PS3? I don’t have any. I think NCAA 2004 for PS2 with Melo on the cover was the last college hoop game I had. Might look into buying some on eBay.

Occasionally - like twice a year- I’ll get on a kick for a couple days in a row and I’ll play Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 2010(I think).

NCAA Football 14, College Hoops 2K8 and NCAA Basketball 2010. The latter has great presentation ( CBS and ESPN) but the 2K8 is the best for full experience. Personally the ESPN college hoops game which I think was still ps2 is one of my favorites. It was the first of the 2k sports college hoops series.

I did have MM 2k4 as well and still do as I kept the game because melo was on it. Lol now this has me wanting to find a ps2 and older games

I did have MM 2k4 as well and still do as I kept the game because melo was on it. Lol now this has me wanting to find a ps2 and older games

Actually still have my PS2 and played it in the early days of the pandemic. Kept that game for the same reason!

really bored and wanted to buy a PS5 but still so hard to find them

I do.. had a couple where I got wait listed.

I knew a drop was coming the other day and watched all day. then the UPS guy came and the wife made me go get the dog and it dropped and i missed it..

I do.. had a couple where I got wait listed.

I knew a drop was coming the other day and watched all day. then the UPS guy came and the wife made me go get the dog and it dropped and i missed it..

I got one through a GameStop drop. Caught it and went to the site as they said it would refresh with drops and it did, I got one and then two weeks later had to go to the shipping terminal at Fedex to get it.

I got a bundle with an extra controller, 20 dollar gift card and two games in mine. Hooked it up with an 8k hdmi cable to the 4k projector and boom.

gonna be a couple in the next few days.. a big amazon one. all the ps4 games ended up at school with the kids so i am just gonna get a digital version. that will make it easier to share anyway

Amazon drop will be like 50k. Good chance there. Scalpers are still out there but they are dying off because they can't get much profit out of it now.

Just went to look for 2k8 or ncaa 10 because of this thread and they are all like $80+. Already had to spend that for NCAA 14 last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom