Qaadir Sheppard, Amir Ealey dismissed from program | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Qaadir Sheppard, Amir Ealey dismissed from program

our problem last year was the DL couldnt keep the OL off of our LB's

Our last three Presidents have smoked pot (or worse). Just saying. Stop the madness.
Refer Madness!!!

image.jpeg

The actual film for anyone wondering. ... I remember having to watch this in Criminology in college.

Last edited:
Whether you think it should be legal or not, it sounds like these guys had multiple chances which is what frustrates me. I made plenty of mistakes in my college years, but I would think I would understand what last chance means in this situation and take it to heart.

GoSU96 said:
Need to start testing every kid on an academic scholarship then. Or scrap the whole thing and treat everyone the same.
I had an ROTC scholarship and was drug-tested. I would have lost the scholarship and been dismissed from the program for a failed test.

Weed is banned by the NCAA and they test before post season competition. If you fail the NCAA test it's a year ban. So those saying to scrap our drug testing, we'd still have to worry about them failing this one.

If I was working a job or my scholarship required that I didn't smoke, I wouldn't smoke. Plain and simple. But I do agree it should be legal.

Weed is banned by the NCAA and they test before post season competition. If you fail the NCAA test it's a year ban. So those saying to scrap our drug testing, we'd still have to worry about them failing this one.

If I was working a job or my scholarship required that I didn't smoke, I wouldn't smoke. Plain and simple. But I do agree it should be legal.

I agree, the rules are the rules, I don't really agree with them but that isn't the point here. They knew them, ignored them and are paying the price. I am sure they failed multiple tests too, may have been reported that way I don't know but they didn't just fail one.

I agree, the rules are the rules, I don't really agree with them but that isn't the point here. They knew them, ignored them and are paying the price. I am sure they failed multiple tests too, may have been reported that way I don't know but they didn't just fail one.
oh it was definitely multiple tests.

Me too.
I had to take ROTC freshman year at UB. If I had known that if I smoked pot I would be kicked out, I'd have done it. So would 95% of my fellow cadets.
My fraternity reminded me of Animal House. Stinky Mitchell, one of my brothers in the fraternity was an officer in ROTC. I was taking the ROTC final exam and Stinky was a proctor for the exam. He came up to me and said "Let me see our exam cadet". I handed it to him and he did a slight of hand and gave me one with all the answers filled in. I ended up with a D. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:

I'm guessing the other FBS teams tell their players to stop smoking weed in November or hand out whizzinators. Can't we just do that?

I'm guessing the other FBS teams tell their players to stop smoking weed in November or hand out whizzinators. Can't we just do that?
yeah that'd be a smart move for a program seemingly always under the microscope for violations...

yeah that'd be a smart move for a program seemingly always under the microscope for violations...

Especially coming off getting in trouble FOR drug testing issues.

The wizzinator thing was obviously a joke but why should we put our program at a disadvantage? How often does our competition lose players for failed drug tests during the season? College kids and college athletes smoke weed. There's one test that they have to pass and they pretty much know when that will happen. Do you think Nkemdiche just happened to pick up a synthetic marijuana habit at the end of last year, or was it because he couldn't smoke what he normally does because of the post season NCAA test?

I had to take ROTC freshman year at UB. If I had known that if I smoked pot I would be kicked out, I'd have done it. So would 95% of my fellow cadets. My fraternity reminded me of Animal House. Stinky Mitchell, one of my brothers in my fraternity was an officer in ROTC. I was taking the ROTC final exam and Stinky was a proctor for the exam. He came up to me and said "Let me see our exam cadet". I handed it to him and he did a slight of hand and gave me one with all the answers filled in. I ended up with a D. You can't make this stuff up.

Well that's what you get for trusting a guy named Stinky. ;)

I had to take ROTC freshman year at UB. If I had known that if I smoked pot I would be kicked out, I'd have done it. So would 95% of my fellow cadets. My fraternity reminded me of Animal House. Stinky Mitchell, one of my brothers in my fraternity was an officer in ROTC. I was taking the ROTC final exam and Stinky was a proctor for the exam. He came up to me and said "Let me see our exam cadet". I handed it to him and he did a slight of hand and gave me one with all the answers filled in. I ended up with a D. You can't make this stuff up.
I'm not sure it was the same when ROTC was compulsory. It was not when I was at SU. I'm not actually sure when it became voluntary only.

The wizzinator thing was obviously a joke but why should we put our program at a disadvantage? How often does our competition lose players for failed drug tests during the season? College kids and college athletes smoke weed. There's one test that they have to pass and they pretty much know when that will happen. Do you think Nkemdiche just happened to pick up a synthetic marijuana habit at the end of last year, or was it because he couldn't smoke what he normally does because of the post season NCAA test?
Would love to see how many schools don't test for weed. There's not many that wouldn't, and I doubt our policy is any more strict than any other school. I've said it's stupid that weed is illegal under NCAA rules, but it's a rule, and if you want to be a pro athlete you probably shouldn't be smoking anyways.

My friend was a walk-on and knew he had tests that he had to pass, so he didn't do drugs. Simples.

bnoro said:
Would love to see how many schools don't test for weed. There's not many that wouldn't, and I doubt our policy is any more strict than any other school. I've said it's stupid that weed is illegal under NCAA rules, but it's a rule, and if you want to be a pro athlete you probably shouldn't be smoking anyways. My friend was a walk-on and knew he had tests that he had to pass, so he didn't do drugs. Simples.

I've posted this before but, pot is on the NCAA list of banned drugs under street drugs. The NCAA proposed taking it off the list. The University Presidents and Chancellors voted against the proposal.

I've posted this before but, pot is on the NCAA list of banned drugs under street drugs. The NCAA proposed taking it off the list. The University Presidents and Chancellors voted against the proposal.
Do you know how recent that vote was?

Do you know how recent that vote was?
I found this article dated mid-October 2015 discussing the proposal, so I would think the vote would have to have been in the last 3-4 months. If this is the same proposal Bees was talking about.

Happened at UGA all the time. The Old Ballcoach at SouthCarolina loved it since he knew that 2-3 UGA players would always be ineligible for their game.

any word from these guys or rumblings on where they'll end up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom