Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Russo (NJ) RU Decommit/Verbal to Temple | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Russo (NJ) RU Decommit/Verbal to Temple

CuseLegacy

I don' think anything will come of this but Coach Lewis is following him.

Is he that good for LSU?

Kid was having a very good outing at the elite 11, I think he was ranked in the top 3 for a day or two. Trent Dilfer had glowing remarks Bout him on one of the write ups on all the competitors I was reading shortly after it finished. I don't know much about his competition or stats to say anything more then that.

Kid was having a very good outing at the elite 11, I think he was ranked in the top 3 or 5 for a day or two. Trent Dilfer had glowing remarks Bout him on one of the write ups on all the competitors I was reading shortly after it finished.
Cool, maybe that is why he de-committed. He is one big dude too.

Cool, maybe that is why he de-committed. He is one big dude too.

Doubtful his performance back then had much to do with it. I think RU going to the power spread had more to do with it.

With Tommy coming back, I don't see us taking a senior QB transfer. Even if we wanted to take one, I doubt a solid 3 year starter would want to come to a school where a 2 year starter is returning for his senior season.

I could see us taking a promising redshirt frosh, someone like that, who is willing to wait a season to learn the ropes, then have a really good chance to start.

I think there is a need to add someone to the roster who has at least played at the college level for a year or two.

Could see that QB be a different type. Dual threat might make sense.

With Tommy coming back, I don't see us taking a senior QB transfer. Even if we wanted to take one, I doubt a solid 3 year starter would want to come to a school where a 2 year starter is returning for his senior season.

I could see us taking a promising redshirt frosh, someone like that, who is willing to wait a season to learn the ropes, then have a really good chance to start.

I think there is a need to add someone to the roster who has at least played at the college level for a year or two.

Could see that QB be a different type. Dual threat might make sense.

Might already have that player on the current roster in Jacobian Morgan, and another on the way in Lamson.

Might already have that player on the current roster in Jacobian Morgan, and another on the way in Lamson.

I'm not seeing it (the dual threat part I mean) in Morgan, granted it was very limited. Just doesn't seem very quick, although he can move once he's up to speed.

More hope for this with Lamson. Hope we recruit more like him to follow him up. The position is so desperate for depth in upcoming years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom