Class of 2017 - QB Daulton Hyatt (AL) to Arkansas | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Daulton Hyatt (AL) to Arkansas

Any insight from bcubs9497 I believe that is where they are from

Don't have any insight as of right now. My supervisor at work is good friends with the Hyats; I'll ask him what's what.

Steven and him used to bump into each other at the Fitness Factory; the local gym.

Oh, Arab is a 6A team. And they play some of the power teams here in the state.

Last edited:
Miami, Wake, Vandy, plus some other big boys are looking at him.

So Eric Dungey part 2?

Daulton needs to shorten his throwing motion which I presume he will as he adds strength and gains confidence. He's probably only 15 years old in that highlight. Aside from that he reads plays well, can avoid pressure and move the pocket to extend plays, and isn't afraid to make things happen with his legs. He's also accurate and can throw it deep, just needs to speed up his release/ cut down his wind up.

Daulton Hyatt1⃣1⃣ ‏@daulton_hyatt 33m33 minutes ago

@SLClark7250 thanks man that means a lot! I appreciate it!
270a.png
1f34a.png

Last edited:
Loves to throw on the run with a good arm in to it.
Speaking of throwing on the run, one of the things that stood out to me was that he looked comfortable running/throwing to his right and his left. That's pretty impressive for a kid his age.

2017 QB Daulton Hyatt talks Syracuse offer
John Garcia Jr.
10:46 AM
Syracuse Orange has a quarterback commitment in 2016 and could be looking to land another, but it isn’t ignoring the 2017 signal-caller class in the meantime.

During the week, it offered Arab (Ala.) junior Daulton Hyatt, joining Vanderbilt, Miami, Wake Forest and others on his growing offer list.

“They had sent me some letters and stuff, but coach (Jake) Moreland sent me a message on Twitter and wanted me to call him Monday night,” he said. “He told me that they had sat down as a coaching staff and watched my film and that I was exactly what they are looking for in a quarterback for their offense. He said they want to offer me a scholarship to Syracuse.

“It felt awesome to hear that. Knowing that someone thinks I’m a perfect fit for their team is an awesome feeling.”

Arab lies in north Alabama and the school isn’t far from Brindlee Mountain High, where SU targeted and signed one of its marquee prospects in 2015. Hyatt kept up with the news throughout that cycle and it likely won’t hurt the Orange’s chances.

“I have a pretty good connection and reference at Syracuse. A guy named Steven Clark plays there, he’s a freshman this year,” he said. “We’re from the same town but he went to a different school. From what I’ve heard he loves it! I haven’t gotten to talk to him much since he’s been there, but he’s getting a lot of playing time early and is doing some big things for the team.”

Now looking to make a Syracuse visit, Hyatt says he’s taking the recruiting process slowly while many in the SEC and ACC continue to extend offers and express interest. The short term plan is to attend several games this fall.

“It’s picking up a lot, I think,” he said of his recruitment. “Just have to keep working and getting better.”

Despite the recruiting success, the Arab Knights haven’t been able to see the same success of the 2014 season, when it surprised and made the playoffs. It has forced one of Alabama’s top juniors to learn some football lessons the hard way.

“The season isn’t going like we had planned,” Hyatt said. “We are a very inexperienced team this year of mostly juniors. We’ve had some key players get injured early and we only have six seniors on the team. I’ve learned that no matter what the scoreboard says or what happens during the game, I always have to be the leader I’m supposed to be for my team and do whatever I can to lead them.”

Arab plays Guntersville tomorrow at Guntersville. I'll try to make it to the game. It's about a 15 minute drive from the house.
Did you make it to the game??

I wonder if the coaches have been following him or not. Its still way early , and anything can happen.

I wonder if the coaches have been following him or not. Its still way early , and anything can happen.
We're not flipping a kid from an SEC school that grew up in Alabama.

Well heck I was thinking he is somewhat friends with Steven Clark and he is only verbal to Arkansas. Thats like being verbal to Wake Forest. lol

Well heck I was thinking he is somewhat friends with Steven Clark and he is only verbal to Arkansas. Thats like being verbal to Wake Forest. lol

You don't watch much college football do you?

Just saying it is still real early and kids flip all the time no matter what conference they are in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom