Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Current mood:

ADA5B6B3-5093-4BCE-81F4-569C764CC78C.gif

Agree on both counts. As others have stated, I liked Markiewicz's film more than Morgan's, and the lack of offers never made any sense. Getting late offers from Baylor / Boise make me feel better about this kid's upside.

no Baylor offer.

After watching the tape again, his pocket presence really stands out to me. He stood in there with pressure bearing down a good amount and still completed some tough throws while taking a hit, but also was able to escape some pressure when there was nothing open.

Love the pick commitment, but not getting the Kurt Russell stuff. For my money,

Screenshot_20200129-063212~2.png

Remarkable we got a QB out of TX who's name isn't Shooter, Gunner, Colt or Missiles McGee.

His tape looks good, welcome to the fold kiddo!
Or Tex.

Really love the idea of grabbing both. Both are late lottery tickets and we just need 1 to hit in order to get the depth chart normalized. We were looking at a real disaster in 2022 where we'd be forced to start a RS FR or a transfer and now that potential crisis should be averted. Honestly have 3 lotto tickets right now with no one having any idea what Summers is at the moment. I'd love to have 1 sure thing but that's not how these things always work so I'll take what we have and be excited to see if 1 of them pops.

For those counting scholarships, Dillon makes 22 putting the total at 83 if current 61 return.

ok, so if we nail down the former Va Tech commit this weekend then we technically have 1 slot open. Is Sam Heckel one of those 61? figure we are going to have a bit of attrition, so maybe we really have 4-5 to work with. kid this weekend, grad transfer DT, grad transfer WR..

If this poster is correct. Dillon was only offered a PWO at Texas St. Crazy

If this poster is correct. Dillon was only offered a PWO at Texas St. Crazy

Scrolling down the comment on him starting as a True freshman though.. umm lol.

I dont think one becomes "Tex" until they actually leave Texas. What say you TexanMark ?
Chance, Blake and Levi are other Texas boys names. Dillon was up there too.

BTW, Colgate would love to have a stadium as nice as McKinney's

I think the stadium is shared by 2-3 High Schools in McKinney ISD (Independent School District)

stadium-overhead.jpg

Last edited: