Class of 2020 - QB Greg "Deuce" Spann II (FL) Committed to Illinois | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Greg "Deuce" Spann II (FL) Committed to Illinois

6-4, considered the fastest player on the team. Made some big plays this year as a RF after switching from QB to WR. We had offered, looks like it came down to Duke & the Illini.

I'd make this guy a portal priority, and give him a chance to compete at QB. Although...we also really need someone to take the top off of defenses.

6-4, considered the fastest player on the team. Made some big plays this year as a RF after switching from QB to WR. We had offered, looks like it came down to Duke & the Illini.

I'd make this guy a portal priority, and give him a chance to compete at QB. Although...we also really need someone to take the top off of defenses.
Hmmm

At 6-4 195 and one of the fastest kids on their team I'd probably kick the tires here. Only had 5 catches but he averaged 24.5 yards per catch and 2 of them went for TDs. Could maybe be the deep threat we're sorely missing.

If he came to SU, would we become Double Deuce?

Would allow us to use trick plays where the WR has that skills set! Offering him as athlete and see where he best develops .

The important question here is, is he trying to be a QB again or does he want to be a WR now?

At 6-4 195 and one of the fastest kids on their team I'd probably kick the tires here. Only had 5 catches but he averaged 24.5 yards per catch and 2 of them went for TDs. Could maybe be the deep threat we're sorely missing.

Sounds like Kevin Johnson’s stats in 1996, the year before he broke out.

If he wants to throw the ball again I'd be surprised if it's at the P5 level. He redshirted under Lovie Smith and then Bielema moved him to WR during summer camp. Probably a reason for that.