Class of 2020 - QB Greg "Deuce" Spann II (FL) Committed to Illinois | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Greg "Deuce" Spann II (FL) Committed to Illinois

If he wasn’t able to crack the 4-deep at Illinois, what gives you the sense he could come here and factor in the 2-deep right out of the box?
My thought...injury, skill, attitude or aptitude?

Something is off here... Illinois sucked this year

Sometimes players just need a change of scenery and a fresh opportunity with a new coach.

But they thought they were set at QB, between Brandon Peters and Juice Williams, they had strong pedigree. They just failed on the field and had only a seven game season.

I was under the impression that the 1-time transfer without penalty year was still just a proposal and needed to be voted on (NCAA's One-Time Transfer Waiver Tabled Until At Least 2021-22). If that has changed, my bad on missing that and that would change my outlook a bit!

It is supposedly being voted on in January 2021. Depending on the wording players who transfer after the vote could become immediately eligible.

It is supposedly being voted on in January 2021. Depending on the wording players who transfer after the vote could become immediately eligible.

Given the amount of immediately eligible transfers in 2020 via the "waiver $ystem" that's in place, this vote is meaningless.

Although, I guess for us specifically, it would be pretty important. Which means they'll vote it down.

He was a true freshman in a crazy year. Why does something have to be off? Every QB that played ahead of him was older.

Agree. I don't know too much about Lovie Smith, but I don't picture NFL guys and true freshman QBs seeing the field going together quite as well as peanut butter and jelly.

JaCobian Morgan leapfrogging David Summers isn't exactly a blueprint.

But they thought they were set at QB, between Brandon Peters and Juice Williams, they had strong pedigree. They just failed on the field and had only a seven game season.
Juice throwing bombs to Arrelious Benn!!!!!!

This kid has the look & pedigree of a potential program changer.

I just wanted that on record early. Sorry for the random bump without substance.
I still believe this. The raw skill in his HS film really jumped out to me & I’m not going to hold not getting any snaps this year against the kid considering the pandemic & adjusting from FL to Illinois, let alone D1 college life as an 18 yr old. I’d be pumped to bring him in. The skills are there, let Sterlin mold them.

Would be a great depth spot for Cuse and at QB.

would likely cause Morgan or Tex to transfer but sometimes it works out better for all parties

Just wanted to bump and keep at the top of the board in case...you know...if there is any news coming soon regarding the Deuce and Cuse.
I’m treating this as wishful, non-inside info but a simple “winky face” emoji could change that. A “Like” was given but I reserve the right to upgrade it to “heart eyes” if something changes.

I’m treating this as wishful, non-inside info but a simple “winky face” emoji could change that. A “Like” was given but I reserve the right to upgrade it to “heart eyes” if something changes.
This is 100% Grade A wishful thinking buttressed by Jack's comments here and there. Though if it does happen I will shamelessly call out I knew it was happening all along and will issue a sequence of numbers you will want to try on lotto.

A bigger fish is deciding this weekend. This is looking Less likely.
935FAB8A-A036-4AAE-8387-B0930D2EEC28.gif