Class of 2020 - QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20)

Basically the staff has punted on QBs this cycle and that’s okay because what’s left out there isn’t great...with that being said, we need to lock up a top 2021 prospect sooner rather than later...have to be aggressive on it

If not, it’s going to be a really scary time here

I think it is really hard to evaluate QBs based on highlight film alone.

His height is legit. He has a strong arm. He can throw fades and hard passes over the middle. Had a bunch where he had a small window and had to throw it hard to get a completion and he did that nicely.
Didn't see a lot of it but it looks like he can throw on the run.

From the little you could see of him running, he looks okay there. Will be a moose once he adds 20 pounds of muscle in college.

He did look like he was willing to take a hit to make a throw and could throw under pressure.

The big differentiator to me for QBs is the soft stuff. Can he make reads? Can he switch to the right play when the defense does unexpected things? Is he a leader?

Based on the QBs we have seen pop up since he took over, it looks like Sterlin prefers tall, pro style QBs.

If we can get 2 QBs we like in this 2020 class, I think we take them. It would be good for roster balance. We are dangerously thin right now. They don't have to be ready to play right away...I think the key here is to identify players we can develop for our system.

The best of the QBs who are transferring have been snapped up (they want to be in their new school for spring practice) but I expect there will be some who will stay, compete for starting positions this spring and then announce they are leaving when it becomes clear they have been beaten out.

Is the staff willing to gamble on waiting for one of these late transfer QBs?

Will they take a 2nd HS QB?

Interesting times ahead.
Outstanding analysis, as usual. Expect TD to have a huge year, but must have guys who can play behind him. This team is going to surprise a lot of people next season, particularly if we can fill a couple more vital needs.

Jacobian is a strong, tall QB. His video doesn't demonstrate escapability and yet his coach gives him high praise; which is what you might expect. Let's let this verbal commitment percolate and see what develops.
I'm not a QB guru nor have I coached football. I am a long-time fan of
Cuse football and hope this turns out good for the player and our program!
GoOrangetext4.gif

He's way to raw for my liking. He'd have to really devote himself to the development of the mechanics which might be to much to ask. But there are some things to like. He can really throw it, he's tall, demonstrates good touch and pocket awareness. 3 clips I like are at 1:38, 5:39 and 5:50 ?

At this point he is what he is, a developmental kid who'll provide much needed depth. And this offense doesn't require a heisman trophy QB. It requires an accurate QB with smarts.

He's way to raw for my liking. He'd have to really devote himself to the development of the mechanics which might be to much to ask. But there are some things to like. He can really throw it, he's tall, demonstrates good touch and pocket awareness. 3 clips I like are at 1:38, 5:39 and 5:50 ?

At this point he is what he is, a developmental kid who'll provide much needed depth. And this offense doesn't require a heisman trophy QB. It requires an accurate QB with smarts.

Reminds me a lot of Legree -- right down to the size and quirky throwing mechanics.

Doesn't bode well.

To be clear, I'm comparing them based upon physically being the same size and similarly raw.

Legree briefly played in the NFL, I believe -- not predicting this kid will have a similar trajectory.

Last edited:
We’ve got bi-polar true blue in this thread - lol
Realize that. Im holding out faith that Mississippi kids don’t get as quickly homesick/have trouble meshing in. However, we’re 0 for 2 on deep south QB’s from what I can remember (Amie and Womack).

Realize that. Im holding out faith that Mississippi kids don’t get as quickly homesick/have trouble meshing in. However, we’re 0 for 2 on deep south QB’s from what I can remember (Amie and Womack).

Which means the 3rd time is the charm!!
We're due!!

I'm all-in now baby!! :p

Looks like Kent State just picked up a better rated QB from Rome, GA who had offers from Oklahoma St, Louisville and others. Were we looking at him since our offensive is similar to theirs?

Looks like Kent State just picked up a better rated QB from Rome, GA who had offers from Oklahoma St, Louisville and others. Were we looking at him since our offensive is similar to theirs?
He decommmited from CSU right after the Dazzler was hired. Might have been running out of options this late in the game. Don't see any Cuse coaches following him.

My main hope is that the transfer portal fills back up after spring practices. Some of the 4 star kids at the factories realize they're getting 3rd team reps and choose to bounce. Not going to win consistently picking up scraps from the teams we're playing against but the QB depth chart is in critical condition.

You have to wonder when the dry spell of a “solid qb recruit commit” will end... I’m nervous to go through the ACC and see what peer or lesser schools have committed for the past few years. I think I won’t like what I see.
It’s starting to feel like the hoops drought with signing a legit point guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom