Class of 2020 - QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20)

Whoa Nellie
There was a college football game for PlayStation I think that had Keith Jackson. Made it 1000 times better. The game was probably pretty crappy, but I remember it fondly.

There was a college football game for PlayStation I think that had Keith Jackson. Made it 1000 times better. The game was probably pretty crappy, but I remember it fondly.
The problem these days is that there are so many games broadcast across all sports that the announcers are sooooo forgetable.

Well that's good since the Shafer staff recruited Dungey

Dungey wasn’t considered a diamond in the rough, he was one of the best recruits we had. Why he wasn’t more sought after by other schools is strange, geography prob played somewhat of a role in that. But he was a known QB who had done well at QB camps. He was far from a diamond in the rough. We just got lucky he wasn’t heavily recruited.

Dungey wasn’t considered a diamond in the rough, he was one of the best recruits we had. Why he wasn’t more sought after by other schools is strange, geography prob played somewhat of a role in that. But he was a known QB who had done well at QB camps. He was far from a diamond in the rough. We just got lucky he wasn’t heavily recruited.
Womack was rated right under Dungey. Just goes to show you 3 stars are crap shot.
I don't think the sites have even looked at Jacobian yet, will be interesting to see if he does get ranked and where.

Honestly, I’m not sure what people were expecting. At this point in time we were scanning for “diamonds in the rough “ . We now look like we have 2 that could fit the bill. Let’s let them develop and work hard on the 21 QB recruit. Ok forget the 2. Make that one.

Last edited:
I am hoping for the day that Jacobian proves everyone wrong and I can cook y'all up a large helping of crow. And bnoro can confirm I never forget.
You're a woman...we are well aware of the mystical powers of recall from our wives, girlfriends and sisters.

I'll feel better if we grab the other QB too from Texas. We really need to grab a high 3 star or 4 star QB for 2021.

I'm sure we will be fine for '21. There are a bunch of kids in NJ, NY, CT we like and who are good prospects at the position.

Confident we will grab two very good kids this class

What stands out to me is how fast he gets the ball out. Unless the video has been sped up (it doesn't look it), the kid is getting the ball out in 2 seconds or less most of the time...and on target. Am I wrong on this? Seems to be in the air very quickly.

I'm sure we will be fine for '21. There are a bunch of kids in NJ, NY, CT we like and who are good prospects at the position.

Confident we will grab two very good kids this class

What we need moving forward:
  • Rex to be solid as a backup [and perhaps playing in spot duty] in '20, helping to bridge the gap
  • Summers to prove to be a solid "get" and start to show it in practice / on the field if he wins the backup role
  • Morgan to show that he's got the right passing capabilities / physical tools to be a solid developmental project to groom
  • Land a quality class of '21 prospect early in the recruiting cycle, and never look back

Last edited:
what does everyone think of Dorian Nowell for 2021? we did offer, and I think if we pushed for him to commit, he just might. isn't a huge name and we are his first P5 offer, but i will be shocked if he doesn't get 4-5 more P5 offers before all is said and done. the kid is rated a top 30 Pro Style QB..

What stands out to me is how fast he gets the ball out. Unless the video has been sped up (it doesn't look it), the kid is getting the ball out in 2 seconds or less most of the time...and on target. Am I wrong on this? Seems to be in the air very quickly.

That's what we have to hope for, IMO -- that Morgan's passing capabilities justify him getting a scholarship, that the touch he shows on deep balls carries over to shorter / intermediate throws, and that his physical tools will enable him to be a dual threat [or at least make plays on the run / scramble when need be].

What we need moving forward:
  • Rex to be solid as a backup [and perhaps playing in spot duty] in '20
  • Summers to prove to be a solid "get" and start to show it in practice / on the field if he wins the backup role
  • Morgan to prove to be a solid developmental "get" to groom
  • Land a quality class of '21 prospect early in the recruiting cycle, and never look back

We need another QB in this class and then land a stud in '21.

We are in a very bad situation at QB right now. Hope I'm proven wrong.

what does everyone think of Dorian Nowell for 2021? we did offer, and I think if we pushed for him to commit, he just might. isn't a huge name and we are his first P5 offer, but i will be shocked if he doesn't get 4-5 more P5 offers before all is said and done. the kid is rated a top 30 Pro Style QB..
He's one I'm confident we will land.

I think we land one of the CT kids too, or the staff decides on pushing their luck with three QB and grab one of the NY kids too

That's what we have to hope for, IMO -- that Morgan's passing capabilities justify him getting a scholarship, that the touch he shows on deep balls carries over to shorter / intermediate throws, and that his physical tools will enable him to be a dual threat [or at least make plays on the run / scramble when need be].
I actually like his film. The kid appears to be a very good athlete (plays hoops also) and has a very strong arm to go a long with great size.

I don't worry at all about his ability to run when necessary. Hopefully he possesses the pocket presence and other intangibles to play the position.

I actually like his film. The kid appears to be a very good athlete (plays hoops also) and has a very strong arm to go a long with great size.

I don't worry at all about his ability to run when necessary. Hopefully he possesses the pocket presence and other intangibles to play the position.

Agree about his ability to throw the ball deep -- hope the accuracy is also there.

And I also agree that he's a good athlete -- perhaps even a substantially above average athlete. But his film [which is admittedly just a highlight reel] didn't show much evidence of him running, so I view it as as unknown [versus "can't do"].

Just to clarify a bit, I asked his coach this morning why Morgan wasn't recruited more and that's when he brought up the academics. Says they've had plenty of D1 talent but until the last couple of years the majority of them wouldn't qualify academically. Morgan isn't an issue, but I sort of interpreted it as most major schools have made it a habit to pass them over and they are battling to change that right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom