QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

I would take them all but he's not staying to compete with two other QB's. He didnt want to compete with 1
Not to call you out Money because I know this is not something you agree with,

But where is he going to go where there is only one QB (or none) to compete with?

Shrader is presumably playing one more year. His history is that he gets hurt and misses a number of games every season. There is almost surely a lot of PT in 2023 and after that, only one other scholarship QB was on the roster when Justin entered the portal.

Most schools have 4 or 5 QBs on scholarship. Sometimes more.

If immediate playing time is imperative for Lamson, he has to be dropping down to the G5 level at least. Maybe FCS.

Again, unlike a lot of other backup QBs out there in the portal, he has never played in a real game and has almost no film to show other teams. Even his HS career was screwed up because of COVID.

It is no surprise he still has no home.

But where is he going to go where there is only one QB (or none) to compete with?

Shrader is presumably playing one more year. His history is that he gets hurt and misses a number of games every season. There is almost surely a lot of PT in 2023 and after that, only one other scholarship QB was on the roster when Justin entered the portal.

If immediate playing time is imperative for Lamson, he has to be dropping down to the G5 level at least. Maybe FCS.

Again, unlike a lot of other backup QBs out there in the portal, he has never played in a real game and has almost no film to show other teams. Even his HS career was screwed up because of COVID.

Agree and as far as I know he was on track to become the starter by next year. It says a lot that he didnt want to compete with 1 guy. The job is not going to be handed to you.

Ive always thought Lamson was the favorite. I just questioned people who eliminated Carlos because he played against legit defenses while Lamson hasnt. We still have no clue how Lamson will react against real competition.

Agree and as far as I know he was on track to become the starter by next year. It says a lot that he didnt want to compete with 1 guy. The job is not going to be handed to you.

Ive always thought Lamson was the favorite. I just questioned people who eliminated Carlos because he played against legit defenses while Lamson hasnt. We still have no clue how Lamson will react against real competition.
So... is Lamson delusional?

I would take them all but he's not staying to compete with two other QB's. He didnt want to compete with 1
And this is one of the many reasons why I was never going to sweat Lamson leaving. I don’t even care if he was QB2 or QB3. A lot of evidence pointing to him not wanting to compete for his spot. Is that who you want as QB1 in the future. That’s not who I want. I think we came out winners here.

There's no rush for Lamson. He left after spring practice. Rosters won't be finalized for another month or two. Had he left in the Winter and was still without a home, then you'd need to be concern if you were in his shoes.

So we’re not doomed?
This Sucks Season 3 GIF by The Office

Better off to be 4th string closer to home than be 4th string 3,000 miles from home.

Really hoping he comes back. I love Garrett but he will get hurt. It’s just his style and we will need Lamson. I hope and prey.
That’s tough. Prey on him.:mad:

It could also be that Syracuse is a long way from home and he wants to get back closer. Really curious where he winds up, but I suspect he will be productive for some college at some point, but to your point, the success may not be immediate.

Maybe our QB coach turned new offensive coordinator who didn't recruit Lamson thought it might be in the best interest of Lamson to look someplace else if he wants playing time.

I always thought he was on track to be QB1 as well which is why I had so many questions on the whys here. But it’s a moot point now with Davis as we clearly went in a different direction pretty quickly. Would be interesting to know if Davis was the chicken or egg in this situation though.

I always thought he was on track to be QB1 as well which is why I had so many questions on the whys here. But it’s a moot point now with Davis as we clearly went in a different direction pretty quickly. Would be interesting to know if Davis was the chicken or egg in this situation though.
I'm curious too. Lamson's decision was a surprise but it doesn't mean the staff didn't tell the room they plan to bring in another guy.

I'm curious too. Lamson's decision was a surprise but it doesn't mean the staff didn't tell the room they plan to bring in another guy.
Either way we ended up with a kid who was offered by the world coming out of HS. Lamson throws a nice ball and again he comes across as such a nice guy. This is as good as a situation as Syracuse could hope for. We have two QBs behind Shred that would be the most highly rated HS recruits we have landed since Tommy. Let's add the legacy OL, and a few more tools from the portal and get ready to kick some arse this fall.

As I said (i think on the basketball board) the portal makes rooting for any situation a day trade. We have no idea about the portal shake out until like August when guys report. It makes the offseason terrible imo because investing your time and energy in a player's 4 year trajectory at a school is a fools errand.

However, once game 1 comes around I view it as a new season of a tv show. I always love football.

Back to this qb situation, on paper this feels like a no brainer of no brainer. I am not getting my hopes up because who knows, next week this guy leaves for another school. It's a waste of energy at this point of the year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom