Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I think many are in the denial stage right now. Anger comes next.

Welp, we get to see one more recruit who will flip to South Carolina then….
I posted that because he just announced his commitment to S. Carolina. Probably the reason for the second fist pumping gif.

Player can always initiate conversation
"Athletes and coaches are still allowed to communicate via phone, email, social media and other digital communication channels. While NCAA Division 1 programs are prohibited from conducting any in-person recruiting, D1 college coaches can still contact student-athletes via digital forms of communication during the dead period."

It isn't just the player that can initiate conversation.

OK, is there any reputable source reporting a flip or is this all “tea leaves” stuff? Link to a reputable source please.
The 247 writers (notably Dohn) never miss an opportunity to CB against Syracuse.

Surprised Thamel, who is not in the college recruiting media group, hasn’t still taken the opportunity to tweet about this pending flip. It would bring him such joy to remind us of how many of these players over the years Syracuse has missed out on.

I think many are in the denial stage right now. Anger comes next.
Let's not be angry at the kid. He made the decision he needed to. Be angry at the system but not the kid.

That said, I reiterate, I have no reason to wish him well. The best case scenario he should expect from jilted fans is complete ignorance of him moving forward, which is what he will get from me at least.

Let's not be angry at the kid. He made the decision he needed to. Be angry at the system but not the kid.

That said, I reiterate, I have no reason to wish him well. The best case scenario he should expect from jilted fans is complete ignorance of him moving forward, which is what he will get from me at least.
I won’t be angry. I was just being funny and its whatever. Still have GD, Carlos and Lamson.

If he decides to "go home" I fear the dude could be another Zach Allen.
If he has the same career as Zach Allen ended up having then I don’t think that is anything to fear.

I wonder if we will go after another QB this cycle or does Beck likes what he has. I guess we will see.

The denial always makes me laugh. He's out of here, time to move on. We flip kids, kids flip on us, it is what it is.
Serious Q. Have we ever flipped a 4 star QB from another Power 5 school?

I honestly don't know. 247 doesnt go back very far. Only other 2 4 stars we've gotten in their records are Cecil Howard and Tommy, neither of which were, I believe, flips.

I won’t be angry. I was just being funny and its whatever. Still have GD, Carlos and Lamson.
I mean...I am sort of angry (not judging you)...I'm just channeling it at the system and the adults manipulating it, not the kid ;)

We all knew we were the insurance plan in case the big offers didn’t come around. That’s just where we are as a program. If he flips, then I wouldn’t want him anyways. It’s a business decision and he needs to choose what he thinks is the right business decision for him. Take all the emotion out of it, including the emotional connection with Beck.

No ill will towards a business decision because that’s what these signings are now, a business decision. The sooner people understand that, the better. Verbals are just insurance policies.

The transfer portal now provides the schools with insurance policies and it all it takes is a real honest conversation at the end of the season to initiate it. College football is the NFL without a salary cap and a whole lot of emotion.

To each their own. I just think it's strange that adults get so consumed and take things so personal that it is difficult to wish a teenager good luck no matter the decision. To me it's being gracious in defeat sort of. It's like not saying good game after a good game in the players lines after the game. Life is to short to be angry at teenagers making their first big life decisions because they don't select your team.

The denial always makes me laugh. He's out of here, time to move on. We flip kids, kids flip on us, it is what it is.
For me it isn’t “denial” but dealing with facts. No one on this board knows as no one here is in their living room. Lots of speculation, innuendos, and tea leaf reading going on. He may indeed sign papers to SC, who knows but no one knows here for sure. If he does flip, he does. If not, great news.

I wonder if we will go after another QB this cycle or does Beck likes what he has. I guess we will see.
not that ratings are the end all, but I looked at the Crystal Ball site, there is only one kid out of the top 50 QBs who hasn't committed somewhere, and it is too late for us to flip anyone who is signing this week(I assume basically all of the QBs will sign these next few days). So, unless Beck likes that one kid or someone less heralded, I guess he will wait for 2024.

To each their own. I just think it's strange that adults get so consumed and take things so personal that it is difficult to wish a teenager good luck no matter the decision. To me it's being gracious in defeat sort of. It's like not saying good game after a good game in the players lines after the game. Life is to short to be angry at teenagers making their first big life decisions because they don't select your team.
it's not about being angry at the kid. you can see my other posts, I understand he is doing what he needs to for his family and I respect that. but we are talking about a teenager whose only impact to my life is to lead me to believe he was coming to syracuse and now isn't. we don't have a "history" beyond that. it's not even like a transfer that I could say "well, gave gave us some good memories". i don't wish for him to get hurt or anything awful, but beyond that i just dont care all that much.

he's just another dude now, and it is what it is. my only wish for him is Cuse fans dont act like jerks online to him.

He can rely on me for complete ignorance.

I have no idea if Sellers is still coming here or not. If he does, great, we need all the good players we can get.

But I think it’s funny, at a time when every thread here is telling me these aren’t kids, that they are “professional” athletes, we are still supposed to give them the consideration of kids. Either they are kids, or they are professionals who can be held to some standard.

I have no idea if Sellers is still coming here or not. If he does, great, we need all the good players we can get.

But I think it’s funny, at a time when every thread here is telling me these aren’t kids, that they are “professional” athletes, we are still supposed to give them the consideration of kids. Either they are kids, or they are professionals who can be held to some standard.

There are no standards and they can do whatever they want until they sign a letter of intent and then they can of course leave whenever they want after that. as fans it's probably best to just wait for all the smoke to settle and see what the roster looks like in August because those are the players we have to start the season until kids start declaring for the portal again in 4-6 weeks. Just the way it is at this point.

There are no standards and they can do whatever they want until they sign a letter of intent and then they can of course leave whenever they want after that. as fans it's probably best to just wait for all the smoke to settle and see what the roster looks like in August because those are the players we have to start the season until kids start declaring for the portal again in 4-6 weeks. Just the way it is at this point.
yep, well said, and let's face it, with the way this program has been, and the way college football is now, you kinda just need to look at the next season coming up and go from there.