Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

So rivals down grades a SU 4 star but bumps 3 of rutgers commits including a TE they flipped from Kent st that was a 5.3 2 star. He’s now a 5.6

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 62
They are always going to bump the teams that either drive their revenue or if a particular writer is a homer.
All you would need is a billionaire to give all Syracuse fans the money to sign up for 247, and rivals, plus ESPN and the Syracuse players would start being rated higher.

I'm an acknowledged homer, and I'm also not an analyst or a scout, but how can a prospect whose thrown for 10K plus yards with a ridiculous TD/INT ratio, oh and 3 state titles in Texas, be 3 stars? Someone smarter than me please explain :)
Luke plays in a small school Christian league in Texas... and small Christian schools and their respective leagues get no respect in Texas... here's hoping that Luke proves them wrong.

Luke plays in a small school Christian league in Texas... and small Christian schools and their respective leagues get no respect in Texas... here's hoping that Luke proves them wrong.

Is he better than Dillan Markiewicz?

Is he better than Dillan Markiewicz?
He likely could be... won't know til he gets here... Markiewicz was a comparably rated Qb mostly because he played 5A ball... if Carney put up the same stats in 5A ball he would be the #1 recruit in the country but since he plays in lower division Christian league (TAPPS)he gets much less respect. I have trust in HCFB that he has found an undervalued player that could play well for us in the future. I'm not expecting a crash and burn like Markiewicz.

Last edited:
where did he eventually end up?
Texas State for a year then quit football.

Morgan looks like he’ll be the starter for Jackson St this year so things worked out a little better for him.

It really is amazing how little talent we’ve had behind our starter on the QB depth chart for the better part of 20 years now.

Last edited:
Who was the other QB who was committed to Syracuse from Texas? He decomitted maybe went TCU made a few more stops I think eventually even went to Rutgers. I think his name was Zach Allen before I look it up and edit this post.

*Was correct Zach Allen it was.

People keep arguing with me when I say the rankings don't matter, they don't.
I don’t know how you can say that with what we witnessed the last 20 years. They obviously do and prove it year after year. In all respect to Luke, who I think has a chance of being a great QB, how many of these type of QB’s have we anointed as ranked too low and will turn the program around?

All you have to do is look at where Dino’s classes were ranked and where most of them ended up (Both guys who were cut and offer pulled). Every single one of our classes deserved to be ranked just about where they were. It’s easy for anyone to pick out 5 and 4 stars based on side, speed, agility, and dominant performance. When you get down to the 3 stars it comes down to evaluation and development. Sure there will be outliers, but I’d trade our spot every single time with a program consistently ranked in the top 25 recruiting rankings. The same 10 teams aren’t just stumbling there way into the major bowl games year after year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom