Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

Will be an excellent spring competition between Carney (who I think is enrolling early) and J Williams.

Stoked that we are bringing this kid in. I think it’s criminal how low he is rated on the sites. I want to know what evaluators looked at his stats and watched his junior highlight and gave him his current rankings. His accuracy and zip on the ball look fantastic to me. Appears to play very composed and heady as well. And he can make a play with his legs if a play breaks down.

I bet we end up bringing in a one year stop gap starting QB transfer for the 2025 season. We should be able to pick up a pretty good one with the depth situation we will be in. Then we have a redshirt Frosh and redshirt Soph dueling it out for a long term starting spot in 2026. A good situation for both of those guys.

I still don't quite understand how a kid with those stats with back to back to back state championships in Texas wasn't grabbed already. Smaller school sure but I imagine football at a smaller school in Texas is the equivalent of a NY large school.
The state of Texas has 10 QB's ranked on 247. Carney was the 10th. So much talent in Texas, California, Florida, Georgia and a few other states that it's crazy. I'm thrilled that we landed him and we know how this recruiting stuff is a lot of hit or miss.

247Texas hasn’t reranked since last August or September, hoping Luke moves up, he deserves it, he’s now in the Top 5 QBs in Texas on Rivals which reranked last month, he moved up on TD Recruits, which is a Texas only ranking system

Attachments

• IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    639.5 KB · Views: 116
This 2025 class is amazing! I guess the old adage is true, get a QB other kids can trust and your class can take off! Doesn’t hurt that we have the best recruiting staff in the country and are upgrading the locker rooms and The Dome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom