Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

I'm staying hush on this kid. Everytime I get excited and loud on a QB I really like, he ends up getting multiple offers and ends up slipping away . So I'll wait until he visits and go from there. lol (but I really really like the kid) :)

Luck Of The Irish GIF by Tourism Ireland
"What do ye call a wee Irish person who is always compainin' of his aches & pains?"

"A leprechaundriac"

Write it down, it's a good one.

Just show and tell Luke he is "priority". We need to get a commitment from this kid. Hopefully after his March visit.

Pardon my ignorance but why does a 4* QB from Texas have offers from only two Texas schools (Rice and UTSA)?
My guess is the school he plays for isn't that large and competes in a private school parochial league.

They call it TAPPS...Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools. Divisions go up to 6A. Dallas Christian competes in 4A.

Last edited:
No matter who they play, he has a ridiculous competion percentage and that translates well in college.

Oklahoma already has a commit (Kevin Sperry) along with Rutgers (Sean Ashenfelder). I don’t think any 4 star QB ranked nationally is going to consider UMASS. I looked at Luke’s offer sheet, Minnesota was his last offer and it looks like the new offensive staffs from Michigan State and Northwestern have both been to Dallas to watch him throw. He can definitely play in the B10 but he seems like more of a B12 or ACC QB to me. His combine numbers are really strong and he can run. Doesn’t seem to fit the prototypical big QB who hands it off a lot.

Oklahoma already has a commit (Kevin Sperry) along with Rutgers (Sean Ashenfelder). I don’t think any 4 star QB ranked nationally is going to consider UMASS. I looked at Luke’s offer sheet, Minnesota was his last offer and it looks like the new offensive staffs from Michigan State and Northwestern have both been to Dallas to watch him throw. He can definitely play in the B10 but he seems like more of a B12 or ACC QB to me. His combine numbers are really strong and he can run. Doesn’t seem to fit the prototypical big QB who hands it off a lot.
Don't tell SMU about him then :)

I love this kid, stats are off the charts and his film backs its up. He's visiting this weekend and a previous article he retweeted says he is looking to commit to a school this month. He's also liking almost exclusively Syracuse stuff on Twitter...my gut says we get him soon. Lets get it done Fran!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom