Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

Thrilled with this commitment. He is the QB I was hoping we would get.

He is everything I want in the QB. Strong arm, poise, terrific athleticism. He can throw it and he can run it.

Pretty sure I just rad he has more total yards in his career than anyone else in the country in the HS class of 2025.

Remarkable.

I suspect he is going to be an outstanding college QB.

Welcome to Syracuse Luke!

yea I wonder if we should be recruiting them also.
You mean like in 1971 when the New England Patriots picked up wide receiver Randy Vataha on waivers so they could pair him with fellow Stanford grad QB Jim Plunkett?

Luke “No Ragrets” Carney

were the millers no ragrets GIF

You see the joke here is this dude in We Are The Millers was a carney.

Early enrollee 4 star QB from Texas...can't ask for much more than that. Oh yeah and with great film too. :D

247 still has him as a 3 star. Hard to believe. I love his tape and his numbers.

Also Williams:

Hopefully, both with move up.

By the way, Wilson and Davis were 4 stars. I wouldn't give up on them, (if they stay around). I just think it means we've got plenty of talent in the QB room for when McCord leaves.

"What do ye call a wee Irish person who is always compainin' of his aches & pains?"

"A leprechaundriac"

Write it down, it's a good one.
A good one for what?

Expand...
OFFERED> LUKE CARNEY 2025 DALLAS CHRISTIAN HS DALLAS, TX
# 6'2" 200 QB TEXAS PRIVATE SCHOOL QB/YR/ 3,723 YDS, 80% COMP RATE/ 843 YDS RUSH/ 4.28 SHUTTLE/ 9' 10 " BJ/ 10" HAND/ 4.66 40/ BP 285 / SQ 405
COMMITTED 3/25/25!

1706755631609.png

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

THROWS BALL WITH AUTHORITY EVERY PLAY
VERY CONFIDENT/LEADER
ACTIVE IN POCKET
ESCAPES PRESSURES EASILY
THINKS HE WILL RUN OVER YOU AND DOES
THROWS BALL WELL RUNNING
SETS UP WELL
GREAT FOOTWORK
TIGHT SPIRALS WITH TOUCH WHEN CALLED FOR

>PER 247 SPORTS.COM

>2023: Named Dave Campbell's Texas Football Private School QB of the Year; Threw for 3,723 yards and rushed for 843 yards with an 80% completion rate and a 47:6 TD/INT ratio, leading Dallas Christian to a TAPPS Division III state title; Recorded a 4.28 shuttle, 9 feet 10 inch broad jump, 36.9 inch vertical, 10” hand size, and 4.66 40 yard dash in summer camps
>2022: Threw for 2,417 yards and rushed for 918 yards with a 68% completion rate and a 36:6 TD/INT ratio, leading Dallas Christian to a TAPPS Division III state title.
>2021: Threw for 2,020 yards and rushed for 282 yards with a 69% completion rate and a 29:4 TD/INT ratio, leading Dallas Christian to a TAPPS Division II state title.
>2020: Attended IMG Academy

EXCELLENT OFFER

Heady, Athletic, gunslinger checks all the boxes great get by the staff.
Getting your number 1 QB commit early is such a bonus as it's the foundation of your class. I truly can't believe how well this staff is doing. I've been following Syracuse football since the early 60's and what Fran has accomplished so far is remarkable.

A good one for what?
Some 30 years ago, my wife, my in-laws and I were on a trip to Ireland. We were in one of those tour buses. The driver played a tape by an Irish comedian. Every third joke or so, the comic would say 'Write it down, it's a good one.'

You asked? I answered.
Even did some deep-dive research to find out the comedian's name:

What about the QB in Maryland?
Malik Washington has visited Penn State 4 times by my count. He has visited us once as far as I know. PSU is also recruiting highly rated Matt Zollars out of Pa as well. My guess is they will land one of the two.

Malik Washington has visited Penn State 4 times by my count. He has visited us once as far as I know. PSU is also recruiting highly rated Matt Zollars out of Pa as well. My guess is they will land one of the two.
Malik is considering an official to 'Cuse. I also believe that Cutter Woods is visiting this spring, in addition to Murphy.

I just want to add that this QB seems to possess similar traits as Kyle McCord, maybe a little more athletic. Will it translate? Remains to be seen but I think there’s a good chance he’s a future starter for us.

What’s interesting to me is how the rivals service rates him a 4 star and 247/on3 rate him 3 star. Typically it seems rivals the one that has the lower grade. Curious to see where he ends up by signing day with 247/on3. Regardless of stars the tape tells the tale. Of all the cuse HS QB commits I’ve seen in the last 10-12 years - His ball placement is the best. Specifically I recall a slant where the DB faded in towards the middle of the field and Luke threw a perfect ball to halt the receiver and not lead him into the defense, but instead went more back shoulder so to speak and let the reciever have space once catching the ball. Next level stuff for a junior in HS. I’m really really high on Luke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom